Confirmed with Link: Sabres have signed Lawrence Pilut (LD, HV71)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcbeze

Dec 27, 2005
I have an expectation that one of Beaulieu or Nelson will be moved when the time comes.

Roster Speculation, I realize....but I don't think a playoff team(which we hopefully are) would trade away defensive depth

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
I love how deliberate he is with everything. His shot selection, his passing, his shoot-ins, his stick checks.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Sabres' Pilut played well after sitting two games

Pilut%207_0.jpg

Buffalo, NY (WGR 550) - Lawrence Pilut started to struggle a little bit and then he had a bad outing in St. Louis. Pilut sat out after that game, but returned on Thursday against Florida. Phil Housley liked the response he saw, “I thought being off a little bit that he was a little rusty early, but he found his game as the game wore on. He came out of the game a plus-3 I believe which was a great result for him and it was good to see him get his swagger back.”

Pilut was just happy to be back in, “I thought I got into the game pretty well, of course it took a couple of shifts to get back into it, but I felt like I found the flow and I just want to build off that.”

Pilut has started to get some power play time with the second unit. He said the PP is different than what he was used to in Sweden, “It’s a little tighter all over and you’ve just got to react a little quicker and that comes with the power play.

“I’m trying to get more and more comfortable out there because I love playing the power play, so I just take every chance I get out there and try to make the best of it.”

jcbeze

Dec 27, 2005
Love the kid, but with Phil, he's one bad shift away from being a healthy scratch for a game or two...

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Love the kid, but with Phil, he's one bad shift away from being a healthy scratch for a game or two...
His ex ex coach was 60+ when he went berserk and undressed during practice and broke a stick on the goal post to wake the team up.*
He’s had some experiences.

*It worked, extreme circumstances though with threat of relegation.

Reactions: dire wolf

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
So well-spoken in his post-game interview. He has done such a good job plugging in with Risto. Enstrom 2.0... still standing by that.

If this becomes a truth, I will smile from ear to ear. Not often do undrafted free agents become top 4 defensemen. I do see it like most do. No one can question his smarts, and his skating. It's the other little things that he's doing that make you see "STAR".

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
His ex ex coach was 60+ when he went berserk and undressed during practice and broke a stick on the goal post to wake the team up.*
He’s had some experiences.

*It worked, extreme circumstances though with threat of relegation.

He did what? Like...Ned Braden at the end of Slapshot?

Reactions: cybresabre

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
So well-spoken in his post-game interview. He has done such a good job plugging in with Risto. Enstrom 2.0... still standing by that.
To be honest, I think he plugged well with Bogo too. And I think the key here is that he is smart and adapts well. And a smooth skater on top of that. It looks to me like he is the perfect complementary player. The type of defender who may not be a top-4 player in his own rights, but still can play on a top pair. So yes, Enström 2.0.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Pilut is what we had hoped Antipin would be.

I know it is only 12 games in the NHL...but we may have found a legit #2/3 dman for zero assets. I could see this kid+the Rasmis being one half of a cup contending blue line. He should not be removed from the lineup period. Waive Beaulieu or Nelson before Pilut gets messed with.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
it is indefensible if he is benched in favor of Hunwick, while Scandella is given pass after pass. Those are not sane decisions being made, unless of course the goal is to tank again

Reactions: WYFR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad