Post-Game Talk: Sabres 5, Penguins 2 - The Pens Have Gone from Suck to Blow

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Teams that win the Cup are teams that are playing really well and putting up points in January thru March...that’s not the Pens, who are going in the opposite direction...the Rangers and Flyers are playing miles better than the Caps and Pens rn and I wouldn’t be surprised to see first round exits for them both...if the Pens don’t get started playing faster, PO defense very soon now, it will be too late to get rolling with some mojo into the POs...if I was JR I wouldn’t be spending any more assets to improve this team..

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I don't think getting Zucker was really a need. What we needed was goal scoring and not another hard to play against/energy guy type player. Or Dupuis 2.0.

Zucker scores goals. Zucker is good. The Pens needed him. They didn’t need just him, but with all the injuries they were always multiple moves away.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Teams that win the Cup are teams that are playing really well and putting up points in January thru March...that’s not the Pens, who are going in the opposite direction...the Rangers and Flyers are playing miles better than the Caps and Pens rn and I wouldn’t be surprised to see first round exits for them both...if the Pens don’t get started playing faster, PO defense very soon now, it will be too late to get rolling with s9me mojo into the POs...if I was JR I wouldn’t be spending any more assets to improve this team..

Good thing it’s not March yet and they still have time. Caps played terribly all year at ES until after the deadline the year they won.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
the Blues started in January last year and didn’t let up...

So what? That’s one team, who could have easily lost to Dallas or Boston. You just need to be in a range of competence.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
What is it that he brings to the table that we really needed?
If they'd just give Tanev a shot with Sid and Zucker, we'd likely see what he brings. Three guys who can skate, are good in the corners, can cycle the puck and score some goals.

But for some reason, the coaching staff seem more concerned with a 3rd line that can defend rather than a 1st line that can score goals and control play on a regular basis.

I don't understand it.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
For Jarry:
m4azda6ouj621.jpg

Unfortunately the last two games emphasize the need for depth and good team defense. Goaltenders matter very little when those things suck.

God speed tomorrow MM...I already await the Ovi 700 on the PP, shot right over Murray's glovehand...just seems like our luck at the moment. So let the predictions begin on how Ovi reaches another milestone thanks to the Pens!

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Thats what they actually did, but Sully does not have stomach for his defensive mistakes
when you are looking for an excuse you will always find one. even with the one bad sift last game, he's been better than at-least two other players we don't seem to ever bench.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
God speed tomorrow MM...I already await the Ovi 700 on the PP, shot right over Murray's glovehand...just seems like our luck at the moment. So let the predictions begin on how Ovi reaches another milestone thanks to the Pens!
I have some good news for you...

Reactions: Big JD

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
We're just keeping afloat withot Dumo and Marino. JJ is negativly impacting Letang and neither of Pettersson and Schultz are 2nd pairing guys. This means we are spreading 3 bottom pairing gys to the 1st and 2nd pair. It's going to have an impact.

I will feel much safer with a Dumo-Letang and Pettersson-Marino with a JJ and whatever 3rd pair. Schultz I wouldn't notice if he was gone tomorrow though.

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Looking back at the last 2 games, I just wish Sullivan stuck to his rotation a little better. I like that both goalies can be rotated and relied upon, but I would have went...

Jarry again in Toronto, weird to not give the guy that won the first one, the 2nd one in a home and home. Andersen got the opportunity to rebound after his loss, Jarry should have had the chance to repeat his performance. Not a slight to Murray.

Given Murray both the Sabres & Caps game, he's great against Washington, he's earned a back 2 back as well.

I wouldn't have taken out Riikola for Trotman, Ruhwedel is the one that deserved to sit.

McCann not at C is still a thing I am not a fan of.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad