Post-Game Talk: Sabres 5, Penguins 2 - The Pens Have Gone from Suck to Blow

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Sully probably after the post game press conference...

5emOsIm.gif

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
"Biggest difference in the game last night and Tuesday was Murray. Jarry is able to handle the puck and start the breakout, which, in turn, gives our defenders that extra half second to make a play."

Posters on this board would never latch on to small insignificant things to try to create a galaxy brain meta narrative! /faceoffs

Reactions: TooManyHumans

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
"Biggest difference in the game last night and Tuesday was Murray. Jarry is able to handle the puck and start the breakout, which, in turn, gives our defenders that extra half second to make a play."

Yeah, I really don't have a dog in the goalie game but today might have cooled the contenders in a good way.

Reactions: TooManyHumans

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Sad Unicorn Dog....
the-end-is-near-gif-3.gif

Geno and Horny are oil and water. Rust on the left side is a waste. But, today you saw why it's the best internal option available to Sully (if you're keeping Geno and Rust together). There may be more 'upside' to Kahun-Geno-Rust, but Rust-Geno-Horny is 'ugly' in a way that leads to Geno touching the puck a little more, including where he gets time and space.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Went to The Alchemist brewery with the family. Thankfully I forgot to record the game. What the hell was this BS?
Record the game?

I am trying to build the chamber in Blake Crouch's book, Recursion, to go back into my memory and prevent this game from ever happening.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Try switching the guy (simon) who stinks up the line first. There would probably be some goals instead of "chances."

Well why didn’t Zucker-Blueger-Tanev score? They had the same amount of chances after the switch and aren’t Simon.

Sid and Zucker still led the team with 13 scoring chances (Simon contributes to these chances too) so why is it all Simon’s fault.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Geno and Horny are oil and water. Rust on the left side is a waste. But, today you saw why it's the best internal option available to Sully (if you're keeping Geno and Rust together). There may be more 'upside' to Kahun-Geno-Rust, but Rust-Geno-Horny is 'ugly' in a way that leads to Geno touching the puck a little more, including where he gets time and space.

But.... the turnovers...

Crap in one hand and crap in the other still leads to a load of CRAP!:laugh:

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Zucker getting demoted and Simon staying up on L1 even though he has 1 measly assist in his last 5 games with Sid and Zucker is all you need to know about this team right now. This coaching staff is going to play favorites right up until the team is on the brink of a 1st round elimination. Then they'll change it up to maximize players strengths, but by then it will be too late.

Look, I do NOT want to separate Geno and Rust.

But, if you were going to mix it up going into the third, then the play TODAY was Zucker-Sid-Rust and McCann-Geno-Horny (not a fan of that Geno line, but the way this game was rolling and given that the first goal came after McCann changed for Rust, it would've been okay in this isolated situation).

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Well why didn’t Zucker-Blueger-Tanev score? They had the same amount of chances after the switch and aren’t Simon.

Sid and Zucker still led the team with 13 scoring chances (Simon contributes to these chances too) so why is it all Simon’s fault.

Because a guy who scores less than 10 goals a season better be getting prime Joe Thornton amount of assists if he's on the top line.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
So... the important things...
Zucker rhymes with Booker not um...Mucker, Thats just his new role

Maybe Crosby is really Crows-Bi
Or Malkin is M’ Al-Kyne

inquiring minds want to know..

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
This isn't just 2 bad games, the Pens have been playing bad hockey for a long time.

They haven't been the same since Jake got injured.
Because the top 6 lacks skill without Jake and getting Zucker was certainly not the answer. We had enough grinders as is before even acquiring Zucker, when what we really needed was more skilled guys like Guentzel, Kahun, etc. This is partially why I was pushing for Kase.

Reactions: Andy99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad