Post-Game Talk: Sabres 5, Penguins 2 - The Pens Have Gone from Suck to Blow

SaturdayNightSlegr

Jan 2, 2009
Pittsburgh suburbs
just to be clear, I’m not rooting against Jarry, but more hoping that this performance will prevent the Murray GDTs from becoming an abortion of barely-coherent thoughts on why Murray’s wins/saves are less than Jarry’s.

now, I know that’s a fool’s hope, because instead, we’ll just get 500 reasons why Jarry didn’t actually lose today.

What a great name for my daughter's middle school metal band!

In other news, I think Bogo could be the next Ron Hainsey, Mark Eaton and Sven Butenschon rolled into one

Also: MM will shut down the caps and your mom tomorrow. Jusso rebound control FTW.

Reactions: td_ice and IcedCapp

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Who is available that fits that description? Most of the forwards rumored to be on the block are similar to Zucker in that they're pretty good scorers, but more complimentary types. A guy like Kreider isn't going to add more creativity. A guy like Toffoli has a scorer's touch, but needs others to create chances for him.

If David Pastrnak was available for the exact same price and JR opted for Zucker, I could see the complaint. But who is available that JR opted to take Zucker instead of?
I think Palmieri, Kase or even Craig Smith (he would have cost a lot less) were better options.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
sadly it has come to the point that they need to trade riiky. every one on the team knows he is being treated like dog dodo. and very few players like to see a team mate treated that way.
Yeah, it's the guy I see going on defense in a package to land a winger. I hope wherever he ends up, he gets played and we get to see what he is capable of on a team that puts him in different situations.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

giphy.gif

Really Sully?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I think Palmieri, Kase or even Craig Smith (he would have cost a lot less) were better options.
We missed the boat on Kase, mate.

Palmieri is going to cost similar to Zucker which we can't afford.
Smith? He's going to probably command a 2nd +

I'd settle for Granlund, I think Nashville would probably do it for Riikola +.

The Worst One

Who wants to die?
Oct 5, 2017
Embarrassing display, but not as embarrassing as reading the hot takes in this thread. Seriously chill the f*** out people.

Reactions: Icarium

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
First time we’ve lost 2 in a row in over 12 weeks.

And the sky is falling for some on this thread. They are so predictable and reactionary. They don't deserve this team.

Defense has been terrible since Marino was out. Once Marino and Dumoulin are back this team will be fine.

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
Unlike normally where the game is finished by mornings and my shit postings beging, I can harass moderaterors even earlier which is great. Dudes and girls, enjoy some music on shit poasters behalf.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Did they listen too much to dumb pundits overhyping them after the TOR game on Tuesday? Totally pathetic performances since then. Geno was bad defensively but he and Horny seemed to be the only ones with any real desire to score. Horny is too slow to play with Geno, this line being our only productive line says it all about the rest of the lines, really. Big gut check tomorrow, hadn't lost two in a row in two months and half, interesting to see the reaction. If it's bad... well, this forum will be unbearable for a while. :)

Reactions: ChaosAgent

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
I mean, the guys you mentioned aren't all that creative, either.
Kase is the definition of skilled. Good shot, playmaking ability, passing, stickhandling, etc. Not quite as good a skater as Zucker, but he's been improving at that area as well.

Palmieri not skilled? Really? I don't think I need to explain.

There's a case to be made for Smith, but to me he's a similar player that would cost a lot less to acquire. Plus he's got a better shot.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Zucker getting demoted and Simon staying up on L1 even though he has 1 measly assist in his last 5 games with Sid and Zucker is all you need to know about this team right now. This coaching staff is going to play favorites right up until the team is on the brink of a 1st round elimination. Then they'll change it up to maximize players strengths, but by then it will be too late.
Could not agree more.

Imagine Sid with some actual first line wingers. He must look at Bruins highlights and drool.

Reactions: canadianguy77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad