Post-Game Talk: Sabres 5, Penguins 2 - The Pens Have Gone from Suck to Blow

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Because a guy who scores less than 10 goals a season better be getting prime Joe Thornton amount of assists if he's on the top line.

He is 10th out of the forwards for ATOI so he’s not always on the top line. 10th! One zero!

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Because the top 6 lacks skill without Jake and getting Zucker was certainly not the answer. We had enough grinders as is before even acquiring Zucker, when what we really needed was more skilled guys like Guentzel, Kahun, etc. This is partially why I was pushing for Kase.

i think a guy like Zucker we did need, but we lost a Kessel and a Jake, and he is the only real skilled guy added... kahun was the bottom six speed guy we needed... that was outside of the top six fixes...

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
Yeah gas is out of the tank, we can no longer live on the makeup and fight of this team. The injuries and extended minutes throughout the season is starting to take it's toll.

Still believe though, but it's painfully appearent injuries are starting to catch up.

Reactions: Watson Bugsy

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
i was really in and out on this one, but:

+ geno getting petty to end it
- line blender - i really think some patience with zucker playing with sid is warranted. if they're desperate to play mccann up, play him ON THE RIGHT

this is, imo, what reaching the absolute limit of our depth looks like. there's still time to recover, and getting blown out probably serves them better right now than playing it close, though it sucks for us to watch. marino, dumo (and bjugs) confirmed for the road trip is excellent news

...and maybe they don't *want* first in the metro - i don't. this team seems to do its best work flying a little under the radar, and they've spent a lot of time in the sun lately.

finally, huge thanks to the devils for letting that whatsisname guy hit 700!!!

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
i think a guy like Zucker we did need, but we lost a Kessel and a Jake, and he is the only real skilled guy added... kahun was the bottom six speed guy we needed... that was outside of the top six fixes...
I don't think getting Zucker was really a need. What we needed was goal scoring and not another hard to play against/energy guy type player. Or Dupuis 2.0.

Reactions: Andy99

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
Zucker getting demoted and Simon staying up on L1 even though he has 1 measly assist in his last 5 games with Sid and Zucker is all you need to know about this team right now. This coaching staff is going to play favorites right up until the team is on the brink of a 1st round elimination. Then they'll change it up to maximize players strengths, but by then it will be too late.

I certainly hope that Coach Sidney Crosby can convice General Manager Sidney Crosby to make the right moves during the next 23 hours.

Reactions: Angrrus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad