Injury Report: Sabres '21-22 Injury Thread (Anderson, Okposo, Eakin), Season Ending (Subban, Caggiula)

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
His last game was against the Jackets but I noticed he had a season low TOI the night before against the Rangers (the game they lost with 0.7 seconds remaining). Maybe it was something there? His last shift in that game shows him getting hit by Chytil in the 12-minute mark of the game, then he didn't see the ice for the rest of it.
All joking aside, maybe it is a disc?

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
Has Harrington, or anyone else written stories about the injuries/medical team at all? This one of those stories I wish the beat writers would grab onto and just hammer the team over and over and over again until they are forced to address it.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Has Harrington, or anyone else written stories about the injuries/medical team at all? This one of those stories I wish the beat writers would grab onto and just hammer the team over and over and over again until they are forced to address it.

"Fixing" the medical staff isn't something that's likely to occur midseason. Adams has been a straight shooter so far......so if he says it's on his radar, I believe him. I imagine it's going to get quite the scrutiny in the offseason.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
"Fixing" the medical staff isn't something that's likely to occur midseason. Adams has been a straight shooter so far......so if he says it's on his radar, I believe him. I imagine it's going to get quite the scrutiny in the offseason.

It's bigger than the medical staff.

You have three different groups that contribute to keeping players healthy:

- S&C/Sports Science
- Athletic Trainers
- Medical staff

Plus, you also need to figure out what types of injuries you can improve with those groups and which are just a part of the game.

For instance, it's not on any of those three groups that Quinn got mono and Tokarski dealt with long COVID. And the S&C staff can't affect something like how Subban was injured almost immediately upon becoming a Sabre.

I think the whole situation with Mitts is a systemic thing that could lead to improvements.

And I would pay Mike Boyle to be a S&C consultant that overhauls that side of things. But, that's just me.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
"Full attendance........but they're still missing Zemgus and Vinnie. And Quinn. And Caggiula. And Miller. Oh, and Subban"

Yeah, I think it was more that they whole team came out for the morning skate than it was an complete injury update. The perils of twitter.

Reactions: Zman5778

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5