Injury Report: Sabres '21-22 Injury Thread (Anderson, Okposo, Eakin), Season Ending (Subban, Caggiula)

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Shoulder still screwed and that's from the late 90s. Now, off of crutches so able to chase the girls again until I move to Thailand on medical visa for knee replacement

upload_2022-2-2_19-12-24.jpeg

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Not sure if it is his shoulder since the word shoulder was redacted from the only article that mentioned shoulder. Remember when we all thought it was his wrist after he was slashed? They better do a complete workup on him before they break out the surgical instruments. When things don't heal properly in young adults there's often some other issue and it can be very serious.
Exhibit A: Cody Hodgson.

Shoulder still screwed and that's from the late 90s. Now, off of crutches so able to chase the girls again until I move to Thailand on medical visa for knee replacement
My cousin (who is your age) spent the night Monday on way to FLA for a month. Multi-sport HS and collegiate (Ithaca) athlete, and has stayed active year-round until now. Retired Phys Ed teacher, coach, official. She's finally going to replace a knee in the fall (doesn't want to lose her golf, etc. season this summer) Has put on weight over the years, and had ACL/MCL years ago, but the joint pain and degeneration is to the point where she needs to do it.

They've done knee replacements for decades with great lasting outcomes and this one will likely last you the rest of your life, assuming it's Western World quality.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Exhibit A: Cody Hodgson.

My cousin (who is your age) spent the night Monday on way to FLA for a month. Multi-sport HS and collegiate (Ithaca) athlete, and has stayed active year-round until now. Retired Phys Ed teacher, coach, official. She's finally going to replace a knee in the fall (doesn't want to lose her golf, etc. season this summer) Has put on weight over the years, and had ACL/MCL years ago, but the joint pain and degeneration is to the point where she needs to do it.

They've done knee replacements for decades with great lasting outcomes and this one will likely last you the rest of your life, assuming it's Western World quality.
All western trained doctors, top equipment. It's basically the magnet hospital for SE Asia. Surgery in Bangkok, recovery 90min away in Pattaya with physical therapy at their satellite facility

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
All western trained doctors, top equipment. It's basically the magnet hospital for SE Asia. Surgery in Bangkok, recovery 90min away in Pattaya with physical therapy at their satellite facility

Ya I was surprised to learn how good they are. Thailand has issues, but medically they kick ass, apparently. They’re #1 for penis reattachment surgery.

beerme1

Jun 27, 2011
Pure speculation on my part, I think Casey is about to have groin surgery. I say that based on one motion I saw him make. It kind of looked like Skinners 90 degree pivot that he always makes. When Casey did it, it didn't look like he wanted to do it, It looked clunky and he looks slow.
Just my two cents.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
If the NHL is going to get into bed with sports books the kayfabe nonsense around injuries (literally listing them as upper or lower body with no other description) needs to end.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Bookmarking this

Might want to find a different partner.

If the NHL is going to get into bed with sports books the kayfabe nonsense around injuries (literally listing them as upper or lower body with no other description) needs to end.

That's why it is so specific in the NFL - the bookies want to know everything so they can set their odds. It's the same reason why March Madness is so big, people bet on it.

Reactions: sabremike

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Might want to find a different partner.

That's why it is so specific in the NFL - the bookies want to know everything so they can set their odds. It's the same reason why March Madness is so big, people bet on it.
I'm not worried about her, worried about that garbage disposal looking thicc one day

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
I'm not worried about her, worried about that garbage disposal looking thicc one day
That's more reassembly than reattachment. A trip to Bangkok won't help you. Better to take a cold shower and go to confession instead.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Mitts is week to week instead of day to day now. Medical staff can’t handle lingering issues. Its getting old

Hino leaving practice with a limp.

It isn't that guys get hurt in games. It's this sort of halting return to duty, with people in and out of practice, let alone the lineup, that makes it seem like the training staff is not up to NHL standards. Because this is every year.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Update from Coach Granato:

Casey Mittelstadt will join the Sabres for practice on Wednesday wearing a non-contact sweater. He has been going through rehab skates.

"It had nothing to do with directly related to the surgery, the surgery was fine, but it was muscles around it. It was some fluid because of the intensity - we ratcheted him up to a higher tempo, the body responded different, which was natural, according to the doctors.
So, he's got to go through and resolve that. He's been skating much better, he felt. ... He went through the rehab skate today and is cleared to join us back tomorrow. So, what that means from there, we'll take it day to day and see how he responds each day."

Zemgus Girgensons could join the team for practice early next week. This week is going to be more rehab.

"Drake Cagguila is undergoing more opinions just because he is not responding, not responding to recovering what was the most hopeful case. So he is still looking at different opinions on the issue."

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Hino leaving practice with a limp.

It isn't that guys get hurt in games. It's this sort of halting return to duty, with people in and out of practice, let alone the lineup, that makes it seem like the training staff is not up to NHL standards. Because this is every year.

I gotta think that frustrates the players and turns off any potential signings- it really does seem like we have more lingering problems than anyone else, and if it’s actually a staff issue it needs addressing before all else. Scouting, front office, none of it matters if you can’t keep your guys healthy.

Update from Coach Granato:

Casey Mittelstadt will join the Sabres for practice on Wednesday wearing a non-contact sweater. He has been going through rehab skates.

"It had nothing to do with directly related to the surgery, the surgery was fine, but it was muscles around it. It was some fluid because of the intensity - we ratcheted him up to a higher tempo, the body responded different, which was natural, according to the doctors.
So, he's got to go through and resolve that. He's been skating much better, he felt. ... He went through the rehab skate today and is cleared to join us back tomorrow. So, what that means from there, we'll take it day to day and see how he responds each day."

Zemgus Girgensons could join the team for practice early next week. This week is going to be more rehab.

"Drake Cagguila is undergoing more opinions just because he is not responding, not responding to recovering what was the most hopeful case. So he is still looking at different opinions on the issue."

Do we have clue what Drake hurt and how? That “getting different opinions” aspect again makes me doubt our medical/training team’s competency.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I gotta think that frustrates the players and turns off any potential signings- it really does seem like we have more lingering problems than anyone else, and if it’s actually a staff issue it needs addressing before all else. Scouting, front office, none of it matters if you can’t keep your guys healthy.

Do we have clue what Drake hurt and how? That “getting different opinions” aspect again makes me doubt our medical/training team’s competency.

His last game was against the Jackets but I noticed he had a season low TOI the night before against the Rangers (the game they lost with 0.7 seconds remaining). Maybe it was something there? His last shift in that game shows him getting hit by Chytil in the 12-minute mark of the game, then he didn't see the ice for the rest of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad