Injury Report: Sabres '21-22 Injury Thread (Anderson, Okposo, Eakin), Season Ending (Subban, Caggiula)

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
1*1G_Yg7O33jWovpu193PgnQ.png

Ok whoever doesn't have a chair when the music stops is positive

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Mitts is precautionary, per Granato's post-game.

Sounds like Tage is dealing with his back because he "threw it" against Arizona. Might be able to go in Vegas.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Granato said Mittelstadt, who played just 4 minutes, 59 seconds, possibly left the game as a precaution. He said he will know more today.
Mittelstadt returned from an upper-body injury last week, his second this season. Sunday was just his seventh game.
“We knew (playing) back-to-back would be tough,” Granato said. “It was unfortunate he wasn’t comfortable in the moves he was trying and then probably pulled out early because of precaution.”

Sabres medical staff is insane. If Mitts isn't healthy enough to play a back to back game, then don't play him at all! This isn't rocket science. Let whatever it is heal completely. If there was a Cup at stake, by all means play him, but we're battling for 28-29th place.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Granato said Mittelstadt, who played just 4 minutes, 59 seconds, possibly left the game as a precaution. He said he will know more today.
Mittelstadt returned from an upper-body injury last week, his second this season. Sunday was just his seventh game.
“We knew (playing) back-to-back would be tough,” Granato said. “It was unfortunate he wasn’t comfortable in the moves he was trying and then probably pulled out early because of precaution.”

Sabres medical staff is insane. If Mitts isn't healthy enough to play a back to back game, then don't play him at all! This isn't rocket science. Let whatever it is heal completely. If there was a Cup at stake, by all means play him, but we're battling for 28-29th place.

You're assuming the Sabres medical staff made the call, if it's a pain management/soreness/fatigue issue then it was probably his call. Hockey players by nature will try and push through and play through that stuff.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
You're assuming the Sabres medical staff made the call, if it's a pain management/soreness/fatigue issue then it was probably his call. Hockey players by nature will try and push through and play through that stuff.

Mitts said that it was his choice to not get surgery after the first injury.

Players have always been a part of medical decisions, especially when it comes to whether a player thinks they can play through pain. The VO situation and now the Mitts situation include back and forth between the players involved and the medical and training staff.

Plus, you had the unexpected COVID issues. They may have given Mitts the Avs game off if they weren't dealing with the COVID issues.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Behold how the Sabres evaluate injuries:

pain-scale-chart-3.gif

It's cheaper than a doctor and relies on self reporting.

Only real explanation for them clearing Mittelstadt only for him to be injured 2 games later multiple times.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
So what is going on here with Mitt's, a shoulder that's popping out pre and now post surgery ? That's not good if so!

Not uncommon for athletes, but ANOTHER bad look for Sabres medical staff if so.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
So what is going on here with Mitt's, a shoulder that's popping out pre and now post surgery ? That's not good if so!

I had 5 surgeries on my right shoulder within 2yrs at Bethesda. The first 2 were done by Clinton's ortho. I'd rehab, it'd feel right then a wrong twist or weight applied and lose all feeling taking me back to square one

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
I had 5 surgeries on my right shoulder within 2yrs at Bethesda. The first 2 were done by Clinton's ortho. I'd rehab, it'd feel right then a wrong twist or weight applied and lose all feeling taking me back to square one
My neighbor had 2 replacements (retired from Chevy), he's out there every storm pushing his snow blower around, case dependent I'm sure.

I'm guessing they need to shut Casey down and really strengthen it for next season. But that's a big question mark for Sabres management now on already short center organization.

One REALLY wonders whats going on in the organization.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls

Not sure if it is his shoulder since the word shoulder was redacted from the only article that mentioned shoulder. Remember when we all thought it was his wrist after he was slashed? They better do a complete workup on him before they break out the surgical instruments. When things don't heal properly in young adults there's often some other issue and it can be very serious.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021

I hope your feeling better now.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Not sure if it is his shoulder since the word shoulder was redacted from the only article that mentioned shoulder. Remember when we all thought it was his wrist after he was slashed? They better do a complete workup on him before they break out the surgical instruments. When things don't heal properly in young adults there's often some other issue and it can be very serious.

Got an x-ray done on the wrong knee one time, that was weird. Thought it was, like, for comparison? Nope, they just totally goofed. Anyways those guys work for the Sabres now, good for them.

Seriously though, it sucks thinking “they should just shut Casey down for the year”- then he’s back- then maybe I was right after all. I just hope the kid comes back healthy, he looks so good whenever he comes into the lineup but clearly whatever it is ain’t right yet- just hope playing doesn’t make it worse/more complicated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad