Post-Game Talk: Sabres 2 @ Canucks 5 | 7/12/15

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Real clash of the Titans tonight. The Intentional Tank vs the Unintentional Tank. Should be doozie.

With a top 6 of burrows sutter higgins i find it cute you think were unintentional

Were just doing what gillies has forced us into. Wait till his ntc no goal vetrans **** off

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Naslund, Morrison and Bertuzzi should suit up. They'd probably be as effective a 2nd line as anyone else we throw out there tonight.

Those guys were sublime to watch for 2 years. Man. Feels like yesterday, but it was over a decade ago...

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Naslund, Morrison and Bertuzzi should suit up. They'd probably be as effective a 2nd line as anyone else we throw out there tonight.

Those guys were sublime to watch for 2 years. Man. Feels like yesterday, but it was over a decade ago...
Bert is sounding more relaxed than I've ever heard him. He's always been a little awkward with the media but he's talking up a storm right now. Good to hear. I hope the big lug has found some peace in his life. It sounds like he has.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
If anyone wants to go to the game tonight, there are upper bowl (and lower bowl) tickets available on stubhub in the $20 range. Actually it looks like that for the majority of the season :laugh:

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
If you wait till right near puck drop you can get tickets for around $10.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
With a top 6 of burrows sutter higgins i find it cute you think were unintentional

Were just doing what gillies has forced us into. Wait till his ntc no goal vetrans **** off

You find it cute someone thinks it's unintentional? That's not what you said a month ago:

The tank isnt happening. Were too good. Guys like sutter hansen burrows and dorsett combined with rookies and the 1st line wont burn out.

galiano

Mar 12, 2003
why do you ask ?
Visit site
After watching those best goals of 03 it's hard to be a Canuck fan anymore.

That team was so entertaining to watch and what we have now is painful to watch. I've been a fan since they came into the league and the hockey they are playing now is just bloody awful - as boring and as bad as I can remember the Canucks ever being.

This is a team without a second or third line and one of the worst defences in the league. And now it looks like neither goalie is a reliable number one.

Send both the kids to the WJC. Call up Shinkarik ang Gaunce. Waive Baertshi. Sit Weber. Play Biega.

Call up Pedan to give them some grit. Call up Grenier to give them some size.

They may continue to lose but at least they would be worth watching.

I blame this almost entirely on Benning who has made some terrible moves and non moves.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Man, looking at these extremely low ticket prices...a bunch of us should buy tickets to one game and try to start fire Benning/Willie chants.

Trelane

Feb 12, 2013
Salusa Secundus
After watching those best goals of 03 it's hard to be a Canuck fan anymore.

That team was so entertaining to watch and what we have now is painful to watch. I've been a fan since they came into the league and the hockey they are playing now is just bloody awful - as boring and as bad as I can remember the Canucks ever being.

This is a team without a second or third line and one of the worst defences in the league. And now it looks like neither goalie is a reliable number one.

Send both the kids to the WJC. Call up Shinkarik ang Gaunce. Waive Baertshi. Sit Weber. Play Biega.

Call up Pedan to give them some grit. Call up Grenier to give them some size.

They may continue to lose but at least they would be worth watching.

I blame this almost entirely on Benning who has made some terrible moves and non moves.

Good memories. Nice to see that Bert has found peace with the passage of time. Would do anything to have someone like him on the current team. I remember prime Chelios being interviewed back in the day about what it takes to contain Bertuzzi and how he might need to be even more physical with him and Chelios give the interviewer that what tree did you just fell out of expression and responded with "you want me to get killed."

McCann deserves to stay. Still good for generating a couple of quality chances a game even if no one is putting them in. OK with the other personnel changes.

I maintain that Benning is no more to blame than Gillis, and probably a good deal less (for the time being), for our current state. Zero players in the line up from the 07-11 drafts is the key. Hutton may have salvaged 2012 but it's still too early. Even Grabner (2006) is nothing to write home about and he was dispatched in favor of Raymond. No organization can survive better part of a decade total draft ineptitude. Both GM's have largely been shuffling secondary players ever since. I'd wager that we'd be roughly in the same boat no matter who's in charge.

"It is what it is." Most of us wanted a rebuilt and we're getting it, even if management/ownership refuses to call it that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad