Post-Game Talk: Sabres 2 @ Canucks 5 | 7/12/15

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
You don't have to bomb on him or whatever - if you want to get at him that badly, just do like enforcers used to and just start throwing so he doesn't have a choice and don't stop until the linesmen or his teammates pull you off. A supposed character tough guy like Prust spearing some five foot rat in the groin is embarrassing.

Eh, if Marchand was the type of player who would man up and fight back then I'd agree. But he'd just turtle and then spear/board/high stick you the next time you play each other.

Like I say, ****** move but to a player who has made a career of ****** moves. Seems hypocritical to grant him respect when he has rarely ever shown it himself.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
I'm going to the game tomorrow. First one in a while. Not super excited, tickets were free lol.

Worried if we win tomorrow nobody gets fired , then we will go back to losing the next 5.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Eh, if Marchand was the type of player who would man up and fight back then I'd agree. But he'd just turtle and then spear/board/high stick you the next time you play each other.

Like I say, ****** move but to a player who has made a career of ****** moves. Seems hypocritical to grant him respect when he has rarely ever shown it himself.

That's great. That makes Marchand the coward and laughing stock who is humiliated for turtling. All Prust did here is take his team that was being humiliated in the game and humiliate them further.

A guy turtles and your team gets to call him on it for the next however long that you play him - like guys started doing to Avery after the various instances. Spear a guy in the balls and his team has one over on you. It's just a selfish, counterproductive tantrum.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
That's great. That makes Marchand the coward and laughing stock who is humiliated for turtling. All Prust did here is take his team that was being humiliated in the game and humiliate them further.

A guy turtles and your team gets to call him on it for the next however long that you play him - like guys started doing to Avery after the various instances. Spear a guy in the balls and his team has one over on you. It's just a selfish, counterproductive tantrum.

You're totally right, it's just ... I have a hard time caring all that much. This team has heaped embarrassment on itself all year, this really just feels like a small drop in a very big bucket.

I'm also a person that believes you reap what you sew. If Marchand had a cleaner history or at least fought his own battles then he'd get the benefit of my doubt. He's been the "laughing stock" plenty of times already and it doesn't seem to bother him any. Prust's love tap seemed to bother him plenty.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC

Pretty much.

There is pretty much nothing to like about this team right now. They stink out loud, and having tools like Dorsett and Prust skate around acting like clowns after they've just been embarrassed on the ice only makes it worse.

Quite the squad you've put together here, Jimbo.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Pretty much.

There is pretty much nothing to like about this team right now. They stink out loud, and having tools like Dorsett and Prust skate around acting like clowns after they've just been embarrassed on the ice only makes it worse.

Quite the squad you've put together here, Jimbo.

This is the same garbage the Bruins would do with Lucic and Horton and whoever else in their heyday, except this team has the bonus of just being horrible on pretty much every front.

JA

It's West Coast Express night.

[NHL]888578[/NHL]

Last edited by a moderator:

Steveorama

Aug 20, 2003
Oakville, ON
Visit site
That whole promotion is a joke. Listen carefully to the wording... "if a player scores five goals, John Doe COULD win $1 000 000". Sounds like they've left a little wiggle room for just in case it does actually ever happen.
They changed that wording many years ago for a simple reason.
Safeway is insured for ONE million dollar prize per season.
If, miraculously, it happened twice in the same season, there would be a random draw between the two, to pick a winner.
No Canuck has ever scored 5 goals in a game, so the scenario is incredibly unlikely. But lawyers get very rich on incredibly unlikely scenarios.
That is why Safeway had them change the wording from "will win" to "could win".

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Real clash of the Titans tonight. The Intentional Tank vs the Unintentional Tank. Should be doozie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad