Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
$(KGrHqIOKokE4uNfD)nhBO(siM37Fw~~60_35.JPG
5d816bb89310b96127fd3d9304480427.jpg

From 2010

Vancouver Canucks First NHL Game: October 9th, 1970

The Vancouver Canucks and Buffalo Sabres are both celebrating their 40th anniversaries this season. Let's take a look back to the Canucks first game in NHL history - October 9th, 1970 - a 3-1 loss to the Los Angeles Kings.

Continued here: http://www.greatesthockeylegends.com/2010/10/vancouver-canucks-first-nhl-game.html

Last edited:

Dugray

No Gifs This Time
Nov 22, 2006
Longueuil
Hoping for another clear cut stomping that leaves no doubt that this is a terrible hockey team.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
They are playing a lot better than us lately. I think this game will be tougher than some of you think. Could go either way. If we lose though... sheesh

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
They are playing a lot better than us lately. I think this game will be tougher than some of you think. Could go either way. If we lose though... sheesh

Unhappy Miller
Apathetic team in front of him

Yeah
I don't expect much at this point honestly

I'm just hoping for somewhat of an exciting game for a change of pace

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
I think the TSN turning point of the season happened with 16 seconds left in the game the last time we played these guys. Been ugly ever since.

3-2 Buffalo in the shootout.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
This is a "must" game lol.

Nah just kidding. Even if we win, we will lose the next 5 after it. The law of averages says we are due for a win but it's kind of exciting seeing that we are 4 points out of last place. Matthews is a real possibility. Hmmmmmmm

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Canucks have no discernable upside at the moment. I think this game will show that they have nothing working.

Defense will screen goalie for two. Goalie, discouraged, lets in a soft one. End.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Not like they've ever had to pay anyone for it before. Five goals is a joke, it almost never happens. They should make it four. That's rare enough and it still has a chance of happening.

That whole promotion is a joke. Listen carefully to the wording... "if a player scores five goals, John Doe COULD win $1 000 000". Sounds like they've left a little wiggle room for just in case it does actually ever happen.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
That whole promotion is a joke. Listen carefully to the wording... "if a player scores five goals, John Doe COULD win $1 000 000". Sounds like they've left a little wiggle room for just in case it does actually ever happen.

'So John, congratulations on winning the big prize. We just need you to complete a 100 question calculus exam before you can claim it.'

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
'So John, congratulations on winning the big prize. We just need you to complete a 100 question calculus exam before you can claim it.'

I have no inside knowledge about this promotion but our firm runs cash promotions from time to time and the "could" caveat is because of the skill testing requirement that is required by Canadian law to avoid being classified as gambling / game of pure chance. My guess is if they "win" (player scores 5 goals) then there isn't anything substantial that they still need to do to win other than answer a skill testing question. Still it's enough to legally require the use of "could win" rather than "will win" in their language.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008

We're going to get curb stomped by the Buffaslugs.

With Evander "Money" Kane leading the way having scored 2 goals last game, 2 goals the previous game and 2 assists the previous previous game.

Buffaslugs are trending upwards while we... are trending to the abyss.

If last night was any indication, Monday night's game could be a slaughter.

Frank Garrett

Duncan
Oct 3, 2011
Duncan Construction
We're going to get curb stomped by the Buffaslugs.

With Evander "Money" Kane leading the way having scored 2 goals last game, 2 goals the previous game and 2 assists the previous previous game.

Buffaslugs are trending upwards while we... are trending to the abyss.

If last night was any indication, Monday night's game could be a slaughter.
I wonder if we'll get a visit from a certain Canuck obsessed, Sabres logo tattoo sporting sociopath in here or on the main boards: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1981053

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad