Post-Game Talk: Sabres 2 @ Canucks 5 | 7/12/15

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Is it time to think seriously about releasing McCann and Virtanen to the World Junior team and call up a couple of bodies from Uitca as fill-ins?....would help their development a lot more than this tire-fire in VanCity.

No cap.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Dick move but Marchand's got a long enough list of even dickier moves so I'm really struggling to give a flying ****.

And great comment by Prust. Probably 90% of the NHL agrees.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Just not surprised a fake tough guy like Prust did it. Hug it out some more, Prusty.

John Belushi

Registered Boozer
Feb 5, 2006
North Vancouver
No no you wouldnt

Care to elaborate on why you think so? Any type of purposeful stickwork is despicable. A shot to the nads is that and much more. Disrespectful.

A sucker punch or dirty hit I could understand. This, I cannot.

You don't strike me as one who's played the sport, however. I shouldn't be surprised you'd like this play.

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Care to elaborate on why you think so? Any type of purposeful stickwork is despicable. A shot to the nads is that and much more. Disrespectful.

You don't strike me as one who's played the sport, however. I shouldn't be surprised you'd like this play.

Well when I think of sucker punch I think of Bertuzzi Moore.

Anyone but Marchand, who has slew footed, and submarine'd his fair share. and yea I'd be pretty disgusted but depends what sucker punch is to you, grabs him by the sweater and pops him with time to realize what's happening? I donno seems way more violent and gutless and risk of career ending injury increases exponentially.

I should care more but it's Marchand

I wish I got to play, oh god how I do

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008

You don't need to have played the sport to know that a player like Marchand follows his own code. Just like Sean Avery.

A Canuck player actually doing something outright dirty to a dirtbag that makes it his business to piss you off? I think I'm ok with that.

A sucker punch or a dirty hit has career ending possibilities. A stick to the junk does not and he played a shift afterwards.

Suck it up buttercup.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008

I honestly don't even know how to respond to this, is this an attempt at trolling? :help:

A spear and a sucker punch aren't even on the same level, are you sure you know what a sucker punch is?

John Belushi

Registered Boozer
Feb 5, 2006
North Vancouver
A sucker punch may cause more damage but I can respect that a lot more than a stick to the nuts. No point in arguing with you folk if you feel something like that should be applauded.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
A sucker punch may cause more damage but I can respect that a lot more than a stick to the nuts. No point in arguing with you folk if you feel something like that should be applauded.

No one's applauding it, or at least most aren't. We're just saying we don't mind that much cause Marchand's a pos who has done similar in the past. It was a dick move by Prust but I have trouble getting too upset about it tbh.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
For those curious, the tickets for the WCE game have dropped down to $25. Probably $20 tomorrow.

Tickets are finally a price I can afford but I no longer have an interest in going.

I wouldn't mind if this team was properly managed and coached. We don't have to win if we play an exciting up-tempo game, as long as we're going through a transitional period. Instead we play boring dreadful 16 shots per game hockey, while losing, and not rebuilding properly.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Well when I think of sucker punch I think of Bertuzzi Moore.

Anyone but Marchand, who has slew footed, and submarine'd his fair share. and yea I'd be pretty disgusted but depends what sucker punch is to you, grabs him by the sweater and pops him with time to realize what's happening? I donno seems way more violent and gutless and risk of career ending injury increases exponentially.

I should care more but it's Marchand

I wish I got to play, oh god how I do

You don't have to bomb on him or whatever - if you want to get at him that badly, just do like enforcers used to and just start throwing so he doesn't have a choice and don't stop until the linesmen or his teammates pull you off. A supposed character tough guy like Prust spearing some five foot rat in the groin is embarrassing.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
You don't have to bomb on him or whatever - if you want to get at him that badly, just do like enforcers used to and just start throwing so he doesn't have a choice and don't stop until the linesmen or his teammates pull you off. A supposed character tough guy like Prust spearing some five foot rat in the groin is embarrassing.

Rats get treated like rats....hope someone else feels the $5k is money well spent and does it again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad