Waived: Ryan Spooner and Ty Rattie

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Spooner, has to be claimed. I know he's had a really depressing year, but the talent is there. I for one HOPE the Sabres do something here. Watching Pominville skate is depressing!

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I thought Spooner was decent when he first came over from Boston. He didn't do jack to start off this season. I wouldn't think he's that far gone in that short of a time.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Spooner, has to be claimed. I know he's had a really depressing year, but the talent is there. I for one HOPE the Sabres do something here. Watching Pominville skate is depressing!

if there is any logic to today's episode of "as the oilers turn", it makes sense that chiarelli knows either that spooner is going to be claimed or traded once in the ahl to make $4m room to then go sign koskinen for stupid money.

but i am by no means confident there is any logic.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
I thought Rattie was the new savior after a fantastic pre-season?

Just kidding, I know everyone knows there's nothing saving that org, lol.

Reactions: willsy and smitty10

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Nope.
Klefbom was aquired via a pick from trading Penner to the Kings, who was acquired via offer sheet, the picks were Edmonton's.

The pick was Edmonton's but they used one of the assets acquired in the Pronger trade (or acquired in a trade of those assets) to re-acquire the pick which they had previously traded to the Islanders. I guess it depends if you want tie in re-acquired assets.

Edit: They used Anaheim's 2008 2nd (would be come Hamonic), which was from the Pronger trade, to re-acquire their 2008 3rd + Allan Rourke. The 2008 3rd would be the compensation for the Penner offer sheet.

Last edited:

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
Edmonton is a total train wreck. The league should step in before it gets any worse. Can you imagine if they did not get McDavid?

So many #1 overalls and high picks wasted or busts.
i was just about to type this. Imagine no mcdavid lol like would they be last or bottom 3?

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

If you want to spend 3M on a 1M player then yeah go for it

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
So this is basically the Dunder Mifflin garage sale in reverse. Instead of going from a thumbtack to the almighty magic legumes like Dwight did, Chia went from magic legumes to... nothing.

Unbelievable.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
You dont claim Spooner. You let him clear and then maybe trade for him + retention.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
At this point... Nobody is defending Chia. And if they are, they are delusional.

I don't know, I see a few posters here trying to downplay the result of trade trees and act like the Eberle trade didn't result in a waived player in return. Seems like they are trying to defend the GM, lol. And I mean no offense, I know what it's like to have a bad GM and few delusional posters who defend them at all cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad