Waived: Ryan Spooner and Ty Rattie

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
For 0.52ppg player having a down year?

What makes you think Dallas could re-ignite his scoring ? He's not even ever really been a goalscorer which is what the Stars need. Someone who can put the puck in the net and Spooner has never scored 20 goals in his career.

If that was an expiring conctract ? Sure why not take the small risk but no way with him hanging around for another season if he , very likely , doesn't work out.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
So if Spoony love passes through and they try to send him down, what happens if he refuses to report? Can they rip up his deal? And to the point of my inquiry, what happens to the part of the bill the Rangers are covering if that happens?

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
So if Spoony love passes through and they try to send him down, what happens if he refuses to report? Can they rip up his deal? And to the point of my inquiry, what happens to the part of the bill the Rangers are covering if that happens?

He'd be dumb to not report. He's not getting another contract like this one. May as well wait for a buyout.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
He'd be dumb to not report. He's not getting another contract like this one. May as well wait for a buyout.
He seems like one of those guys who would fade into Europe and be really good playing against a bunch of guys you'll never hear about.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
As a depth scoring winger in the right situation he may be able to show some life. At 800k there is no risk. If he doesnt work out he can be waived. Either EDM picks him back up, or he goes to the minors with no hit against the cap.

Low risk, moderate reward type situation
Without question. He's no different than Valentin Zykov in that regard. I was just stating the fact that Ty Rattie has failed to be a productive player in the bottom six of 3 NHL franchises. Odds are against him on the 4th.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Good for you. Way to stand up for your own dumb****ery. You're a real hero.

i know it's sarcasm and all, but he ain't even a sarcastic hero, he's typical; he fits exactly in 2019, that's how humans are these days, they spread falsehoods and stand by them

you can say the sky is red (or you can say Karlsson is the best D in the league) and it would be ok, welcome to 2019

do you like how i sneak that in?

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015

I would assume they could then put him on unconditional waivers and both teams would be off the hook.

However, it doesn't seem very realistic. Spooner is guaranteed another $1.6 or so million this season whether he plays in the NHL or AHL. And after this season, he either gets $2.66M spread over 2 years in a buyout, or $4M if he is isn't.

26YO guy struggling to produce in the NHL isn't going to see another $4.2-5.6M for a while if he decides not to report.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
cut.png

yeah good job signing a useless player to 2 year @ 4 mil Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad