Injury Report: Ryan Reaves

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
I really wish we would all just stop giving the Caps all this attention. The media and FO are just leaning into this so their lame franchise can piggy back off of the Rangers major market. We've brought them more attention than the Stanley Cup ffs and that aint even hyperbole!

Sure I want the Rangers to finish every check and target Ovie/Carlson/Backstrom. Hurting Ovie's chances of ever beating Gretsky will damage their franchise more than some dumb staged WWE fight using a ringer we brought in that wasn't even involved with the initial fued. Besides, the fight will be more of a hugging match and we all know it. Then they get to laugh at us even harder.

The whole thing is just feeding into what they all want, it's dumb.
Wait, you want them targeting players and putting them out of action? Hurting Ovie's future chances? I'm somehow supposed to be more into that than Reaves punching Wilson's face a few times? How about Reaves takes care of Wilson, then everyone else finishes checks cleanly and often so they win the game,

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Wait, you want them targeting players and putting them out of action? Hurting Ovie's future chances? I'm somehow supposed to be more into that than Reaves punching Wilson's face a few times? How about Reaves takes care of Wilson, then everyone else finishes checks cleanly and often so they win the game,

Didn't mean to imply NOT finishing checks cleanly, I could never root for a dirty player. But yeah, absolutely target Ovie. He has dished it out his entire career, but now that he's getting old and injury prone we should call timeout? Nah. Caps know they can't afford young skill, so they have been getting cheap goons to "slow down" their opponents. Their whole strategy has been targeting players and "wearing them down". Radko f***ing Gudas? Seriously?

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
FWIW I don’t give a f*** right now about Wilson or the Caps. If Reaves is in the lineup on the 13th and he and Wilson fight or not doesn’t really matter a lot to me. The main thing is we win the game. That’s what are aim should be. As far as picking up Reaves, Blais, Goodrow and Nemeth—the size, the attitudes they bring (and in Blais’ and Goodrow’s cases SC rings), the physical play and the push back were all ingredients we needed to add to get to another level or two.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
FWIW I don’t give a f*** right now about Wilson or the Caps. If Reaves is in the lineup on the 13th and he and Wilson fight or not doesn’t really matter a lot to me. The main thing is we win the game. That’s what are aim should be. As far as picking up Reaves, Blais, Goodrow and Nemeth—the size, the attitudes they bring (and in Blais’ and Goodrow’s cases SC rings), the physical play and the push back were all ingredients we needed to add to get to another level or two.

these additions were for toughness vs the league, not the Wilson obsession.

Last edited:

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
these additions were for toughness vs the league, not the Wilson obsession.

Generally speaking yes. Wilson has a habit of running around and taking advantage of players when they’re vulnerable. There needs to be some kind of antidote for him as well as a handful of others around the league.

Case in point the reason Jack Hughes has been out injured is because the Isles resident goon Ross Johnston decided to work him over. Hence Mason Geertsen being claimed on waivers. The Devils had a few tougher guys but no one near as tough as Johnston and the Islanders are a very proactive physical team as exemplified by the Cizikas, Clutterbuck, Martin line. Wilson is not the only problem in the league and we got some top end young talent who need the time and space on ice to develop their games and we don’t want to see them being abused overmuch.

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
Anyone else feel like it might just be posturing by the Rangers to keep the Caps guessing if he’ll be available? I can’t imagine he’s really day-to-day after seeing that injury
Gallant seems like a guy who isnt going to give up many details when it comes to injuries. Will probably frustrate us as the season goes on.

Reactions: egelband and 045NYR

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
It won't be that bad . Wilson is not the all time champ by any means . He can be beat as any of them can . Tinordi will at least play him out somewhat which is a win for us if Tinordi is dressed as a 7th Dman . Myself....I doubt Wilson pays any attention to Reaves or Tinordi and will look for the Rangers to take stupid penalties like we did last night with Subban and ALMOST lost Kreider...he flipped over on his own leg almost as badly as Reaves did when he went down in that tussle .....it was very close to being bad news . We dodged a bullet there .

I didn't mean sacrificed as in beaten up. meant he'll go to the box.

Reactions: leetch99

OrlandK

Oct 18, 2017
Westchester NY
If there’s any possibly way for him to play I could see Reeves toughing it out and going after Wilson, then returning to Day to Day status after
Doubt Gallant would allow Reeves to play under those circumstances. As much as it would be sweet to see it we'll likely have to wait until February. My guess is that this Wilson thing is over hyped and will be a big nothing as the season gets underway. Bigger fish to fry.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
upload_2021-10-8_10-59-44.jpeg

Absolutely not.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Not sure Reaves is going to be in the lineup of opening night. He might be day to day for a couple weeks. He is lucky that it doesn't appear to be that serious but he might be hurting for a while still. It's not a big deal as long as we win. I don't believe Backstrom is going to be playing either so Washington is going to have their own issues.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
A couple years ago a guy on The Devils headshot Boo Nieves basically ruining his best spot to get established in the league. I am starting to hate preseason games with the Devils.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Reaves biggest asset for me is his hitting. He lands a lot of hits and he hits really hard. He usually does not fight more than a handful of times a year. He’s excellent at that but the hitting is what can wear opponents down. Also he’s good at getting the bench enlivened—excellent with the yapping and intimidation tactics. Teams he’s on are proactively physical. The Rangers have been a reactive team for a while. There is a lot of positive to be potentially had here for the collective mental part of the team’s game if he brings what he did for Vegas or St. Louis.
"I get the puck deep and make the dman VERY scared to go get it"

Nuff said

Reactions: eco's bones

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I really wish we would all just stop giving the Caps all this attention. The media and FO are just leaning into this so their lame franchise can piggy back off of the Rangers major market. We've brought them more attention than the Stanley Cup ffs and that aint even hyperbole!

Sure I want the Rangers to finish every check and target Ovie/Carlson/Backstrom. Hurting Ovie's chances of ever beating Gretsky will damage their franchise more than some dumb staged WWE fight using a ringer we brought in that wasn't even involved with the initial fued. Besides, the fight will be more of a hugging match and we all know it. Then they get to laugh at us even harder.

The whole thing is just feeding into what they all want, it's dumb.
Ah Great Sky... he was awesome...

Comon man... you HAVE to spell Gretzky correctly or you should be banned honestly :biglaugh:

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Ah Great Sky... he was awesome...

Comon man... you HAVE to spell Gretzky correctly or you should be banned honestly :biglaugh:

Jokes on you, I was talking about Tom Gretsky. He played for my cousins beer league at the local Y. Dude led the league in most booze consumed while serving a penalty (BxP). Was a local hero before he got hit by a zamboni and fractured his throat muscle. Saddest day of my life.

CenturionOne

Jun 28, 2011
Expatria
Not sure Reaves is going to be in the lineup of opening night. He might be day to day for a couple weeks. He is lucky that it doesn't appear to be that serious but he might be hurting for a while still. It's not a big deal as long as we win. I don't believe Backstrom is going to be playing either so Washington is going to have their own issues.

Looks like the Caps might be without both Backstrom and Ovie for opening night...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00