Injury Report: Ryan Reaves

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
went down and got up real fast. Anybody who played sports knows how you get up fast and try to walk/skate it off yet the leg doesn't work. 5 min later can make a huge difference so hopefully that Reaves situation

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
went down and got up real fast. Anybody who played sports knows how you get up fast and try to walk/skate it off yet the leg doesn't work. 5 min later can make a huge difference so hopefully that Reaves situation
Often times the injuries that look the worst are minor and the inconspicuous ones are the worst. I’ve had “injuries” where I was in immense pain immediately then felt fine later that game, and when I had a season ending knee injury I kept playing the remainder of the game and didn’t feel immense pain until getting undressed afterward

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I don't want Reaves to fight Wilson
I just want him to catch Wilson with his head down
s7aHGi5.gif

Kiekura

Oct 6, 2013
Often times the injuries that look the worst are minor and the inconspicuous ones are the worst. I’ve had “injuries” where I was in immense pain immediately then felt fine later that game, and when I had a season ending knee injury I kept playing the remainder of the game and didn’t feel immense pain until getting undressed afterward

I broke some bones on my thumb (first shift) and played two periods. After second period i noticed it was swollen up and blue. Didn't really feel any pain.

Surgery and it took like 2-3 months to heal

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Listening to sirius 91 and they keep mentioning the injury is serious and he won’t play opening night. Where are they getting this info from?

Joe Ranger Fan 1960

Jan 25, 2021
Jersey
First thing I thought, after seeing the replay, was torn meniscus. Could be wrong. Just a guess. I'm hoping his ACL and MCL are intact but it's not difficult to imagine some cartilage damage. Knee swells, needs to be drained and rehabed if not scoped. We'll see. Just my guess.

Reactions: LokiDog

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
That may be true but every time Reeves fights Wilson They both get removed from the game. We trade a 4th liner for a 1st line 20 goal scorer. Sounds like a win for the Rangers regardless.

The only difference will be Tinordi being sacrificed.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Reaves biggest asset for me is his hitting. He lands a lot of hits and he hits really hard. He usually does not fight more than a handful of times a year. He’s excellent at that but the hitting is what can wear opponents down. Also he’s good at getting the bench enlivened—excellent with the yapping and intimidation tactics. Teams he’s on are proactively physical. The Rangers have been a reactive team for a while. There is a lot of positive to be potentially had here for the collective mental part of the team’s game if he brings what he did for Vegas or St. Louis.

Last edited:

045NYR

Oct 1, 2008
Anyone else feel like it might just be posturing by the Rangers to keep the Caps guessing if he’ll be available? I can’t imagine he’s really day-to-day after seeing that injury

Reactions: egelband

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
The only difference will be Tinordi being sacrificed.
It won't be that bad . Wilson is not the all time champ by any means . He can be beat as any of them can . Tinordi will at least play him out somewhat which is a win for us if Tinordi is dressed as a 7th Dman . Myself....I doubt Wilson pays any attention to Reaves or Tinordi and will look for the Rangers to take stupid penalties like we did last night with Subban and ALMOST lost Kreider...he flipped over on his own leg almost as badly as Reaves did when he went down in that tussle .....it was very close to being bad news . We dodged a bullet there .

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
The Silver lining in this is that Gauthier might not be waived and he gets some ice time.....he looked really good last night . I could handle no Reaves for a stretch while he gets fixed if we can get a guy like Gauthier cruising and scoring and going to the net with the puck....that is a win for us . Later on when Reaves is back , if he has increased his value...it increases his trade return for us if we go that route . So he misses the big battle in the first game with Wilson.....we will survive that .Losing Gauthier for nothing is and won't be good .

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
I really wish we would all just stop giving the Caps all this attention. The media and FO are just leaning into this so their lame franchise can piggy back off of the Rangers major market. We've brought them more attention than the Stanley Cup ffs and that aint even hyperbole!

Sure I want the Rangers to finish every check and target Ovie/Carlson/Backstrom. Hurting Ovie's chances of ever beating Gretsky will damage their franchise more than some dumb staged WWE fight using a ringer we brought in that wasn't even involved with the initial fued. Besides, the fight will be more of a hugging match and we all know it. Then they get to laugh at us even harder.

The whole thing is just feeding into what they all want, it's dumb.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
No, but I think the first game playing them after shaking up the front office and bringing in grit makes this game a statement game.
I was thinking about this. No Reaves could actually be a blessing. Someone else could step up or even the whole thing could just blow over. It’s a long season. Team looks to be coming together nicely.

Reactions: leetch99

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I broke some bones on my thumb (first shift) and played two periods. After second period i noticed it was swollen up and blue. Didn't really feel any pain.

Surgery and it took like 2-3 months to heal
Sounds like surgery was your big mistake there
upload_2021-10-8_9-19-18.gif

Reactions: Kiekura

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
The Silver lining in this is that Gauthier might not be waived and he gets some ice time.....he looked really good last night . I could handle no Reaves for a stretch while he gets fixed if we can get a guy like Gauthier cruising and scoring and going to the net with the puck....that is a win for us . Later on when Reaves is back , if he has increased his value...it increases his trade return for us if we go that route . So he misses the big battle in the first game with Wilson.....we will survive that .Losing Gauthier for nothing is and won't be good .
When Gauthier does any scoring it'll be big news. I expect more of the skating to the net and handing it to the goalie.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Reaves biggest asset for me is his hitting. He lands a lot of hits and he hits really hard. He usually does not fight more than a handful of times a year. He’s excellent at that but the hitting is what can wear opponents down. Also he’s good at getting the bench enlivened—excellent with the yapping and intimidation tactics. Teams he’s on are proactively physical. The Rangers have been a reactive team for a while. There is a lot of positive for the collective mental part of the team’s game.

10 fights 3 years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad