Injury Report: Ryan Reaves

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Can we take a moment and give respect for the fact that most of us would never walk right again after what happened to Ryan's knee and that he's likely to miss less than a week?

This guy has Kreider level regeneration.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Can we take a moment and give respect for the fact that most of us would never walk right again after what happened to Ryan's knee and that he's likely to miss less than a week?

Do we know he’s ok or gonna be ok? I’m still 50-50 he’s gonna be out a while. I still don’t trust the Rangers in regard to injury news. They haven’t earned any trust on that yet.

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Remember when Zucc almost died and AV downplayed that?
Exactly. They’ll tell us and the league whatever is in their best interests to tell us. We have no right to any info.
As long as he’s not out for weeks or even months though, im ok. I don’t have any need for him to have a stupid staged fight with some f***ing egghead on the caps.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
It would be nice for him to play against the caps but as long as the team does to the caps and Wilson what they did to Subban and the devils I’m fine with that. Check him every chance you get. Make him miserable and tired while also out working the other team.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State

Ahem, I somehow healed a torn ACL even though they don’t heal. I have an MRI saying I tore my ACL, the lachman test showed the tear as well. Then months later when I went to a consultation with the surgeon the lachman test showed a fully stable ACL

and then today
2t2eLgx.jpg

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Jokes on you, I was talking about Tom Gretsky. He played for my cousins beer league at the local Y. Dude led the league in most booze consumed while serving a penalty (BxP). Was a local hero before he got hit by a zamboni and fractured his throat muscle. Saddest day of my life.
Condolences. He died the way he lived... under the influence (& apparently under a zamboni)

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
What was the exact injury? I still dont remember really what the injury was and how it happened due to the rangers down playing of it

skull fracture from getting hit from a McDonagh shot in the EC semi finals?

anyways anyone remember McDonagh scoring a goal against the Caps (I think), maybe even a game winner or late 3rd period goal, but collapsing because the shot was awkward and twisted his knee?
And everyone was like "oh god no we're so f***ed season's over" as he was helped off the ice
Then i dont' think he missed a game and was like "oh yeah that happens sometimes but it's OK now"

Reactions: yada and egelband

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia

anyways anyone remember McDonagh scoring a goal against the Caps (I think), maybe even a game winner or late 3rd period goal, but collapsing because the shot was awkward and twisted his knee?
And everyone was like "oh god no we're so f***ed season's over" as he was helped off the ice
Then i dont' think he missed a game and was like "oh yeah that happens sometimes but it's OK now"
In the hospital He kept mumbling about dropping a ring in a lake of fire

frozenrubber

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2005
Brooklyn

Mats Zuccarello needed to RE-LEARN how to speak after that incident. Teammates and Mats himself said he still couldn't express himself fully for a least a year after the injury.

Even crazier, if the Rangers made the Finals that year, Zuccarello thought he could of potentially played as he was skating again (but barely speaking English) during the Conference Finals.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
RR will likely be out for a stretch of games......Rangers are playing head games with the Caps .....unless he has rubber legs . Does anybody wonder whether Kreider is 100 % healthy? His leg buckled as well when he went down with Subban.

Reactions: egelband

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
I just wonder what PK could have said to CK to get himself an unsportsmanlike penalty. Based on the spicy exchanges I’ve heard between players … this must have been bad.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Funny little story I heard today.

A friend of mine that I haven’t seen in a while works for NHL network.

He was on the set when they hired Gallant and they had Reaves on to comment (this was before he was traded to the Rangers).

Off-air Reaves said the moment he knew Gallant was a great coach was when he accidentally picked up his “water bottle” on the bench, took a sip and it was ice cold vodka.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I just wonder what PK could have said to CK to get himself an unsportsmanlike penalty. Based on the spicy exchanges I’ve heard between players … this must have been bad.
I think the refs were just acknowledging Subban’s dirty and cheap play.

Reactions: CasusBelli

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3