Prospect Info: Ryan Poehling - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
His skill is on the low end but his size and skating package is what we need. Poehling needs to find his niche and that takes time for a player like this. He might end up a Josh Anderson type? Habs need to play him on wing IMO.
Habs need to include him in a package while some gms may still value him.

Reactions: Istvan

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I had really high hopes for a Danault type of player in Poehling. Still do, but can't ignore what I've seen in the AHL.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Poehling should have spent the entire season in the AHL. Bergevin is continuously obsessed with rushing prospects.

If they perceive that you are adequate defensively and are big, you will get called up and used in a fourth line role for extended periods of time.

It's a cancerous action that they perpetrate over and over again.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Poehling should have spent the entire season in the AHL. Bergevin is continuously obsessed with rushing prospects.

And on offloading all of the responsibility of a player's development onto the player themselves, both publicly and I would bet privately.

There should be a clear structure supplied to each prospect by the team. Expectations, and how to get there. There should be no ''taking 100 days to get your head right.'' That's f***ing nonsense how does that happen?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Could’ve traded him for O’Reilly. Thanks MB!

There have been many offers for all our prospects when they're hot. We don't know how they'll all turn out.

Poehling still has 2 years to turn things around. If he spent the next 2 years in the AHL he would be graduating the same time as Plekanec and Tatar did. Nothing wrong with that.

Frank JT

Feb 8, 2014
Let's being patient with Poelhing.
It's possible that he's having gaming problems (fortnite), and that he likes Trump a lot.
But who care's. He's young.
He could become a good middle6 winger with size in 2 years.
We will need him.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
I had really high hopes for a Danault type of player in Poehling. Still do, but can't ignore what I've seen in the AHL.

What was Danault doing in the AHL at 20 years old?

26 pts in 72 games (6 goals)

Poehling
13 pts in 36 games (5 goals)

identical PPG

I had to dig deep to find some comparable.

Most players are in the NHL or way better in the AHL. (are either still in Europe or NCAA)

Tyler Bertuzzi 30 pts in 71 games in the AHL (D+3 season)
Jake Virtanen 19 pts in 69 games in the AHL (D+3 seasons)
Adrian Kempe 20 pts in 46 games in the AHL (D+3 seasons)

We shouldn't expect much more.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
He's kind of redundant at this point with Evans looking very capable in a potential 4C/3C moving forward and the top of the lineup obviously being taken over by KK/Suzuki/Danault/Domi. I'd prefer to trade him for a scoring winger than keep him in the AHL, play him on the 4th line, or move him to the wing.

Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
He's kind of redundant at this point with Evans looking very capable in a potential 4C/3C moving forward and the top of the lineup obviously being taken over by KK/Suzuki/Danault/Domi. I'd prefer to trade him for a scoring winger than keep him in the AHL, play him on the 4th line, or move him to the wing.

Sounds good,package him with some other enticements and get a proven scorer.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Evans will do fine on the wing. No issue there.

I'd rather see Evan's in the top 9 than Byron. We need the size and I think he has more offensive upside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad