Proposal: Ryan O'Reilly

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Why would we have no room for him? Is our forward crop perfect in everyway?

No, but our salary cap isn't either. Somehow adding ROR will take 5 mill or more. Then you figure in signing to replace the players who it would take to get him, and current RFA's, and the situation gets pretty tight.

I like ROR and he would be a hell of an upgrade to our team. But we cannot afford another 5 mill a year center with the way the current team is structured salary wise.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
And remember, Dom did drop the tasty niblet that O'Reilly told him he'd like to play for the Bruins one day. That'd be nice.

Was lucky enough to see him many times while sitting out. He was working out around here and once in a while with the London Knights

Love Dom.

Awww. I love you too

Qualifying offers aren't last season's salary plus 10% anymore?

Only players earning $999,999.99 or less have to be offered 10% more for a qualifying offer. ROR's is $6.5 million and the only restriction is that it has to be a one way deal.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Sorry to jump into your board here, but, where is this coming from?? His QO is 6.5m and can be brought down by 15% via team elected arbitration.

Also, about the contract debacle, new management. Roy loves O'Reilly.

He's mentioned that he would love to play for the Bruins one day. Whether or not that comes true, nobody knows. For instance, I'm sure there's plenty of players that came from the Ontario area growing up Leaf fans that never played for the Leafs.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
No, but our salary cap isn't either. Somehow adding ROR will take 5 mill or more. Then you figure in signing to replace the players who it would take to get him, and current RFA's, and the situation gets pretty tight.

I like ROR and he would be a hell of an upgrade to our team. But we cannot afford another 5 mill a year center with the way the current team is structured salary wise.

Bruins have enough space to add ROR at trade deadline - about $2.8 million in space which is about what would be left owing on ROR's contract for the remainder of the season. I also believe that the cap will go up enough next season that it won't be a problem.

Question is, can you get him for prospects/picks and without a roster player at trade deadline? That much I doubt.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Bruins have enough space to add ROR at trade deadline - about $2.8 million in space which is about what would be left owing on ROR's contract for the remainder of the season. I also believe that the cap will go up enough next season that it won't be a problem.

Question is, can you get him for prospects/picks and without a roster player at trade deadline? That much I doubt.

So...that said....we have determined he`s pretty much a Bruin right??:sarcasm:;)

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
What's with all the love for this guy, he has less points then Marchand despite having played 50 games more, and even his best season isn't better then Marchand's best(tied 55 pts.) He's also a center which we have plenty of depth in and his salary is 6.5m...

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
What's with all the love for this guy, he has less points then Marchand despite having played 50 games more, and even his best season isn't better then Marchand's best(tied 55 pts.) He's also a center which we have plenty of depth in and his salary is 6.5m...

Funny you mention Marchand. It'd take a roster player like him as part of a package I'd imagine. And FWIW Marchand's 3 years older.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
6.5 mil for a center who only brok 30 points once and would be playing on the 3rd line behind Krejci and Bergy for the next 3+ years.

no thanks. cap management says you don't pay 6.5 million for your 3rd center and he is not jumping Krejci or Bergy in this lineup.

edit sorry his cap hit is 5 million not 6.5 but the point is the same.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

also wondering a touch if he and his agent aren`t potentially the sort who "could" cause GM`s a bit of trouble??

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I'm still enjoying our new toys as it is.. get back to me in February.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Ahh, yes... totally forgot abou the salary cap potentially going up next year. That would open a lot of doors for us if we're in the market to make an addition.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Meh ... 50 - 60 point center, I like him and he's versatile enough to move him around the lineup, but that price tag is a little much for me on this team. Not sure he's an upgrade over Marchand. He fits the B's mold, but not sure he fills a need. Good player though.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
6.5 mil for a center who only brok 30 points once and would be playing on the 3rd line behind Krejci and Bergy for the next 3+ years.

no thanks. cap management says you don't pay 6.5 million for your 3rd center and he is not jumping Krejci or Bergy in this lineup.

edit sorry his cap hit is 5 million not 6.5 but the point is the same.

This is the way I see it, Scotto. Hell of a player. But not a beneficial trade target as of now.

Devo1212

Oct 22, 2013
probably gonna have to give up Marchand for him if they want him really bad he is a talent hockey player.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Qualifying offers aren't last season's salary plus 10% anymore? Regardless the offer sheet was structured to make it near impossible to keep ROR.

We'll see what transpires, but I don't see ROR as an Av next season. Not saying he'd be a Bruin, but I think he moves on from Colorado.

Well then you have a severely lacking amount of knowledge towards the Avs and Oreilly.

Some of these proposals are worse then Leafs fans offers.

As some of my fellow Avs fans have suggested, the conversation basically starts with Dougie Hamilton.

Anything else and were not interested.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Well then you have a severely lacking amount of knowledge towards the Avs and Oreilly.

As some of my fellow Avs fans have suggested, the conversation basically starts with Dougie Hamilton.

I really don't even get why Bruins fans are interested in him, his cap hit is huge and he is a center which is the Bruins deepest position.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA

the offers are so bad because he doesn't fill a need on the Bruins at all and carries a big cap hit. What would you be willing to give up for what would be your 3rd line center with a 5 million cap hit signed for one year. It would not be a young guy like Hamilton I bet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad