Proposal: Ryan O'Reilly

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Bored and I know a lot of Bruins fans are enamored with him. Know he is a restricted FA after this season. Colorado will most likely resign him but if he were available and the Bruins were interested what would u give up for him?

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Probably have to give up Marchand + McQuaid + 3rd round pick for him.

Thats a realistic deal I'd do.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I can't stomach the idea of trading Marchand. Even if it's just talk I keep the guys who have brought us there. Marchand IS money!:yo:

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Maybe something like Chris Kelly, 2nd and Bartkowski.

Next season be like

Lucic DK Lou
O'Reilly Bergy Marchand
Soderberg Spooner Smith
Paille Campbell Knight

?

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Colorado needs defense, and I don't think the Bruins have any to spare.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Colorado needs defense, and I don't think the Bruins have any to spare.

Yeah we somewhat do. Next year the team may potentially have 8 NHL ready defenders.

Chara Boychuk
Seidenberg Hamilton
Krug McQuaid

Bartkowski
Morrrow

even if Morrow isn't ready the team seemed willing to part with Bartkowski before. I wouldn't see why they wouldn't trade him if O'Reilly was available. Bring in a cheap vet as a 7th or even another NHL ready defender.

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
Bored and I know a lot of Bruins fans are enamored with him. Know he is a restricted FA after this season. Colorado will most likely resign him but if he were available and the Bruins were interested what would u give up for him?

Pretty sure that offer sheet he signed was specifically designed to have him become a UFA after this season since his qually would be like over $7m.

I'll sign him for nothing but cash, that's for sure. This current season I don't think we have the cap space, nor the roster space. But as a replacement for Kelly next season, hells yes.

And remember, Dom did drop the tasty niblet that O'Reilly told him he'd like to play for the Bruins one day. That'd be nice.

I doubt he stays in COL after the contract debacle last season, not to mention the strife that bubbled up about his absence.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Pretty sure that offer sheet he signed was specifically designed to have him become a UFA after this season since his qually would be like over $7m.

I'll sign him for nothing but cash, that's for sure. This current season I don't think we have the cap space, nor the roster space. But as a replacement for Kelly next season, hells yes.

And remember, Dom did drop the tasty niblet that O'Reilly told him he'd like to play for the Bruins one day. That'd be nice.

I doubt he stays in COL after the contract debacle last season, not to mention the strife that bubbled up about his absence.

Sorry to jump into your board here, but, where is this coming from?? His QO is 6.5m and can be brought down by 15% via team elected arbitration.

Also, about the contract debacle, new management. Roy loves O'Reilly.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Love Dom. Maybe they could afford him after this season. Trade Kelly. Not resigning Iginla. IDK where he would play tho. Maybe Spooner could play wing something like

Spooner ROR Soderberg ?

David Krejci*

lmao at some of the proposals by you fools.

ROR is NASTY and is a legit #2, if not eventually #1 center. He's not a 3rd liner, we have no room for him. Plus it would take a king's ransom to get him anyway, Stastny's gone after this year probably, they aren't going to want to part with ROR.

EDIT: I was under the impression that he was locked up after this year. I guess not? Well in that case maybe he might be available if Colorado falls out of it, but they look pretty solid this year, so I doubt it. But anyway, we already have two top centers, it'd be smarter to allocate the money we have left into wingers next year (whether that's Iginla or whoever).

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Dougie Hamilton. We can talk a ROR trade for him. Anyone else? No real interest.

These trade threads are always funny, they are almost never approached in a way where we think like the actual front office and just approach it as fans

hamilton has a much higher ceiling than O'reilly, who is great for sure, but Hamilton has a future as a #1 D for this team and thats more valuable for what O'reilly likely will be for the Avalanche, a #2 center or at best a 1a/1b like Boston has for example with Krejcji or Bergeron, who Ryan would be be blocked by anyways. So the Bruins front office says no.

You could suppose that the Bruins would do krejci for O'reilly, but they are very high on him and he's had more success in his career and huge playoff success where Oreilly has yet to be able to show that

So look at it like a GM would instead of fans, makes no sense for either team

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I'm not sure we would be able to fit him under the cap. Yes, Kelly getting cut next year would help but it still wouldn't be enough since ROR is a 5 mill a year player. We also would need to find another 1st line RW assuming Iginla outprices himself here in Boston and leaves. But I'll play along and try to make it work.

Spooner
McQuaid
Morrow

for

ROR

- Find a taker for Kelly and Soderberg to help shed the cap.

- Let Shawn Thornton retire or walk away ( UFA next summer ).

- Sign a cheap vet dman for the 7th spot.

- Resign Krug, Smith, and Bartkowski to cap friendly deals.

- Find a way to resign Iginla to another cap friendly deal

Lucic -- Krejci -- Iginla

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Eriksson

Smith -- ROR -- Knight

Paille -- Campbell -- Camera

Chara -- Boychuk

Seidenburg -- Hamilton

Krug -- Bartkowski

Rask
Svedberg

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
These trade threads are always funny, they are almost never approached in a way where we think like the actual front office and just approach it as fans

hamilton has a much higher ceiling than O'reilly, who is great for sure, but Hamilton has a future as a #1 D for this team and thats more valuable for what O'reilly likely will be for the Avalanche, a #2 center or at best a 1a/1b like Boston has for example with Krejcji or Bergeron, who Ryan would be be blocked by anyways. So the Bruins front office says no.

You could suppose that the Bruins would do krejci for O'reilly, but they are very high on him and he's had more success in his career and huge playoff success where Oreilly has yet to be able to show that

So look at it like a GM would instead of fans, makes no sense for either team

I don't disagree with most of your points but how much higher can Dougie's ceiling really be than a guy whose ceiling is 1st line winger/center? Sure Hamilton could develop into a top pairing defenseman bit O'reilly could be as good as Bergeron in the not too distant future and you guys know better than anyone how valuable a player like that is.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Also they've talked again and again about how important of a piece O'reilly is to the franchise going forward. We have great forward depth and can afford him, we also have some good defensive prospects and goaltending prospect. What we're missing are a top pairing defenseman and another second pairing guy, but why would we trade one of our best young players if there wasn't a great dman coming back who could fill a need?

EDIT: sorry for the long posts in your forum guys, I followed a link here and didn't realize this was in your forum and not the trade rumours board

member 96824

lmao at some of the proposals by you fools.

ROR is NASTY and is a legit #2, if not eventually #1 center. He's not a 3rd liner, we have no room for him. Plus it would take a king's ransom to get him anyway, Stastny's gone after this year probably, they aren't going to want to part with ROR.

EDIT: I was under the impression that he was locked up after this year. I guess not? Well in that case maybe he might be available if Colorado falls out of it, but they look pretty solid this year, so I doubt it. But anyway, we already have two top centers, it'd be smarter to allocate the money we have left into wingers next year (whether that's Iginla or whoever).

Why would we have no room for him? Is our forward crop perfect in everyway?

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
Sorry to jump into your board here, but, where is this coming from?? His QO is 6.5m and can be brought down by 15% via team elected arbitration.

Also, about the contract debacle, new management. Roy loves O'Reilly.

Qualifying offers aren't last season's salary plus 10% anymore? Regardless the offer sheet was structured to make it near impossible to keep ROR.

We'll see what transpires, but I don't see ROR as an Av next season. Not saying he'd be a Bruin, but I think he moves on from Colorado.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad