Proposal: Ryan O'Reilly

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Hard to say bud, too early yet. A lot of things with too many ???

Less than a dozen games in attendance is down (average by team) from last year (end of season average) but traditionally, its always at its lowest this time of year. However, its not as low as it usually is for this time of year so I guess technically, its up.

Then, with all the outdoor games (how many are there again?) there's a potential of 300,000 extra fans. Think of the extra ticket revenue alone. Now average out $10 per person in concession sales. And then there's the inevitable merchandise sales just because of those games. Not to mention advertising.

Have to take into account a new Canadian TV deal and there's plenty of talk that it would match the NBC - US deal (wow) and the possibility that it would go the NFL route with two National TV deals, the traditional HNIC deal for Saturday nights and a new Sunday game of the week deal on a different network.

But most importantly, what happens to the Canadian dollar. Economists say it'll bottom out at 90 cents US and that's going to hurt more than most think considering most of the revenue comes from there and since everything is paid in US dollars, player expenses go up.

And then there's the 5% escalator.

Just too early to have an idea, but if I were to make my best guess, I'd say around the $68 million mark.

Don't really know you much as a poster, but those are impressive ideas and some really good insight on the potential cap.

Wasn't really a long post, but that was an extremely interesting read.

Props man. And I suspect your 68M guess will be pretty close.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Don't really know you much as a poster, but those are impressive ideas and some really good insight on the potential cap.

Wasn't really a long post, but that was an extremely interesting read.

Props man. And I suspect your 68M guess will be pretty close.

Thanks.

Don't post here much. But once every 18 months I come up with something worth reading.

member 96824

Hard to say bud, too early yet. A lot of things with too many ???

Less than a dozen games in attendance is down (average by team) from last year (end of season average) but traditionally, its always at its lowest this time of year. However, its not as low as it usually is for this time of year so I guess technically, its up.

Then, with all the outdoor games (how many are there again?) there's a potential of 300,000 extra fans. Think of the extra ticket revenue alone. Now average out $10 per person in concession sales. And then there's the inevitable merchandise sales just because of those games. Not to mention advertising.

Have to take into account a new Canadian TV deal and there's plenty of talk that it would match the NBC - US deal (wow) and the possibility that it would go the NFL route with two National TV deals, the traditional HNIC deal for Saturday nights and a new Sunday game of the week deal on a different network.

But most importantly, what happens to the Canadian dollar. Economists say it'll bottom out at 90 cents US and that's going to hurt more than most think considering most of the revenue comes from there and since everything is paid in US dollars, player expenses go up.

And then there's the 5% escalator.

Just too early to have an idea, but if I were to make my best guess, I'd say around the $68 million mark.

I could see 68 too, as you pointed...alot of factors, I dont see the canadian dollar going to 90 as we dont have any plans to stop with our QE but we shall see

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad