Speculation: Ryan O'Reilly : The Return [no, not that kind of return :(]; Thread 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
What makes me worry is that if daddy has an influence, O'Reilly's salary demands on a new team could be very high, which makes him harder to move.

I've suspected up to now that he might take a lower salary elsewhere because he was trying to force his way out, but after reading that I'm not sure. The O'Reilly's might actually think he is worth $5M/year and if he doesn't get that it's an attack on his 'character'.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
I've been on the Avs side of this since we got the details, and have been frustrated with O'Reilly holding out and confounded by what exactly he wants or thinks he deserves. But that never translated into me disliking him or wanting him gone (though that was a foregone conclusion after he signed in Russia).

After reading that letter from his dad, however.... I've disliked that guy since we first started seeing his tweets filled with all that inane "life coach" babble. But this latest, with it being a bit more targeted, takes that dislike and starts to rub off on his son. I'm not sure I want a guy on the team who is taking advice from some jerknut like that. That it is his pops just makes it worse. There's just a lot of bad mojo there. Or, to put it in terms Mr. O'Reilly can understand, it "devalues the synergy potential, resulting in mood-drama and core approach failure."

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
But will it really expedite a trade? Or will other teams' GMs look at it and stay far away, and thus have an opposite effect?

I wonder if Sherman has called Bobby Clarke, to see how he dealt with Lindros' parents.

That's what I mean...trade him fast or I'll keep doing this and you'll get less on the return, kind of thing. I'm not saying it's smart. :laugh:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I've been on the Avs side of this since we got the details, and have been frustrated with O'Reilly holding out and confounded by what exactly he wants or thinks he deserves. But that never translated into me disliking him or wanting him gone (though that was a foregone conclusion after he signed in Russia).

After reading that letter from his dad, however.... I've disliked that guy since we first started seeing his tweets filled with all that inane "life coach" babble. But this latest, with it being a bit more targeted, takes that dislike and starts to rub off on his son. I'm not sure I want a guy on the team who is taking advice from some jerknut like that. That it is his pops just makes it worse. There's just a lot of bad mojo there. Or, to put it in terms Mr. O'Reilly can understand, it "devalues the synergy potential, resulting in mood-drama and core approach failure."

:biglaugh:

That is hilarious.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007

LOL. :handclap:

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
After reading through the comments I found a guy stating that Brian O'reilly has a learning disability. Is this true? I have never heard of this before. Might explain some things.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
After reading through the comments I found a guy stating that Brian O'reilly has a learning disability. Is this true? I have never heard of this before. Might explain some things.

Might explain the grammar and sentence structure but the content is still going to be the same. He's bat **** crazy.

Jeff_Dyck_#1

Est. MMII
Apr 11, 2005
HF since 1998
34966868.jpg

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
A couple O'Reilly threads back there was something about his disability, but it's never been explained. I'd guess maybe dyslexia, but then why not just say, "He has dyslexia"? Keeping it vague with "learning disability" leads one to imagine all sorts of things. Like the "learning disability" I get every couple of weeks and which, once or twice a year, leads to a warning on HFBoards. But, hey, it's not our business to know if he doesn't want to tell us. More gratifying to guess, anyway.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I'm sure I read somewhere recently he has problem writing and has to get people to transcribe stuff for him some times.

Of course, syntax and such aside, it's fairly obvious that he's nuts. And wrong, regarding his son.

(ps I LOL'd hard at calling him Baba O'Reilly)

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
A couple O'Reilly threads back there was something about his disability, but it's never been explained. I'd guess maybe dyslexia, but then why not just say, "He has dyslexia"? Keeping it vague with "learning disability" leads one to imagine all sorts of things. Like the "learning disability" I get every couple of weeks and which, once or twice a year, leads to a warning on HFBoards. But, hey, it's not our business to know if he doesn't want to tell us. More gratifying to guess, anyway.

Hey! I've got one of those too!! :laugh:

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yikes. That was tough to read. Really tough. And the Post said they corrected a lot of the mistakes? Jesus. :shakehead If you're gonna let that go public, Christ's sake, at least use the grammar check!

While Brian O'Reilly is 100% correct in blasting the Avs for not engaging in actual negotiations (an arrogant, ridiculous thing for a front office run by a former agent to be doing), he does his son no favors here. You do not measure character in $ signs. In fact that is the antithesis of "character."

I don't think it's as cut-and-dried as Craig Anderson "quitting" on the team. It sure seems that way seeing as how he suddenly started playing better for the Sens, but keep in mind he was still recovering from an injury and played in front of a much better defense and for an arguably better coach. Whatever the case, I'm still not sad that Andy is gone. He served his purpose, and the Avs now have a younger, arguably better netminder.

I still think the Avs' hubris is most at fault here, but Ryan is getting some very, very bad advice from his old man, which is ironic since his hippie life coach ******** actually worked for both him and Duchene, apparently. This is so similar to the situations of Eric Lindros and Barry Zito--and both of those guys were better off when they stopped listening to their parents so much and made their own decisions.

The Avs need to grow up, but so does O'Reilly.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I don't get it?

I get that we don't agree with O'Rielly's dad but IMO calling him crazy is not fair. He's allowed to voice his opinion, even if you think it's nonsense.

Ugh for some reason I can't get it to work right now... but The Who's song Baba O'Riley

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I have no doubt that his father has a lot of great qualities (social worker, foster parent, have instilled work ethic in his kids). But pretty much everything we learn about the O'Reilly camp in this negotiation makes them come off as unreasonable and easily offended.

I have no doubt that Avs are stubborn in all of this because they can't allow a kid to punk them or re-write their contracting philosophy. They expected the kid to come to his senses because let's face it, who could have thought anyone would be this stubborn and proud, but it should be clear at this point that he never will.

Hopefully this all will be over sooner rather than later.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
And apparently his son is unselfish so why isn't he on the team helping them win games?

Yeah he is unselfish but then ask for a contract that will screw the franchise in future negotiations with other players. Right good one.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I don't get it?

I get that we don't agree with O'Rielly's dad but IMO calling him crazy is not fair. He's allowed to voice his opinion, even if you think it's nonsense.

Read his tweets. Claiming schizophrenics are merely the way they are because they aren't loved enough by family members is at best uninformed, at worst a crazy, unfounded, and outright dangerous supposition to make.

So yeah, I think the guy's a freakin' loon. I'm allowed to voice my opinion on the guy, and he lends plenty of credence to it.

If it is indeed dyslexia, that would help explain his irrational hate of psychiatrists. Tom Cruise is also dyslexic and grew to hate them as well.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I don't get it?

Reference to the Who song of the same name. I just found it funny, out of all the various names I've seen for him.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
If O'Reilly was Russian would this be such a huge topic, or would we just chalk this up to him having no heart and being selfish. The media, like CBC on Saturday night, would be all over him for being a team cancer, bad at hockey, lazy and like Alex Semin.

Appleanche

Jan 15, 2013
Asheville, NC
If O'Reilly was Russian would this be such a huge topic, or would we just chalk this up to him having no heart and being selfish. The media, like CBC on Saturday night, would be all over him for being a team cancer, bad at hockey, lazy and like Alex Semin.

You're probably right, if he was Russian they'd be all over him.

By the way, Ceremony.. love the Donna avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese