Speculation: Ryan O'Reilly : The Return [no, not that kind of return :(]; Thread 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Continue here...

I posted this in the GDT, but with the way Duchene is playing right now it is such a shame that is is happening. Dutch and ROR down the middle for the next decade would be an unbelievable duo. This is setting the rebuild back. Shame on both sides, we were building something good here.

Yeah but at the same time, I think that we're going to get a good package coming back. We can't act like he'll be gone and we'll have nothing to show for it. Like I said before, it will sting but COULD end up being a blessing in disguise.

If only Sherm had some connections with a team out East that would offer sheet O'Reilly. Kind of like the Flyers and Nashville with Weber. It's a conspiracy I tell you!

Lol, yeah that would be great but I don't think RoR signs any offer sheet, I would love it but his groovy hipster dad brainwashed him during negotiations to think that he needs to play elsewhere because of management's 'style'. According to Brian, management would need to 'show RoR the money/show him some love' and then hide under some coats and hope that everything works out fine.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Twitter starting to heat up.

The Hockey Chat ‏@TheHockeyChat
O'REILLY UPDATE: Looks like the #Sabres are now favourite to land RO while the #Rangers have pulled out. #NYI #LEAFS #FLYERS still in it

NYI, Leafs, and Flyers seem to be in every rumor. NYI are the surprising one to me.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011

O'REILLY UPDATE: Looks like the #Sabres are now favourite to land RO while the #Rangers have pulled out. #NYI #LEAFS #FLYERS still in it

NYI, Leafs, and Flyers seem to be in every rumor. NYI are the surprising one to me.

O'Reilly for Tavares.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
From all the rumors that are out there, it seems the price for ROR is super high. So that might be the type of trade it takes. Time will tell.

TheFactor

Johnny Malkin
Mar 25, 2011
Calgary
Ennis + top prospect from buffalo is something I'd be really interested in. I think we can have three good scoring lines that are defensively responsible if we get Ennis.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Who's this hockey chat?

A 13 year old in his mom's basement. Probably knows next to nothing, but claims there are offers on the table from the Leafs and Buffalo. I guess it is at least some news, where we have had next to nothing for most of this.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

From the Sabres, I'd want:

Hodgson+Girgensons

Here is my reasoning:
I've always really like Hodgson as a prospect. (ranked him 5th overall in 2008)

I think that what we are losing in RoR from a defensive standpoint, Hodgson makes up for offensively. He has an obvious previous rapport with Duchene and could slide in as a #2C eventually and this is especially important if Stastny does not want to re-sign with the Avs. Hodgson would be especially useful to help our PowerPlay.

In Girgensons, we'd be potentially getting a big, solid #3 guy in the mold of Jordan Staal (I had him ranked 13th) but to a lesser extent, obviously. I think he's a real 'safe' prospect in the sense that even if he doesn't end up good enough to be a top-6 forward, he still has the ability to adapt his role and play a more defensive game.

I have a hard time believing that the Sabres are offering a 'good return' though because historically, they've been notoriously difficult to deal with specifically when the Avs were trying to acquire Chris Gratton from them :facepalm: way back when.

Sabres may balk at that asking price but I guess that's too bad for them then. I can't see the Avs taking on a bad contract or a guy like Ennis who is essentially a player very close to what Joey Hishon already is. Ennis is very good but there is a reason why every Sabre fan doesn't mind giving him up. I plan on watching the next few Sabre games, to see 'wazzup' but most certainly there is something up with that guy.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
With the call up of the Goalie for LEM as DDC wrote, would one assume a team lacking in Goalie depth is in play?

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Yeah but at the same time, I think that we're going to get a good package coming back. We can't act like he'll be gone and we'll have nothing to show for it. Like I said before, it will sting but COULD end up being a blessing in disguise.

I think we will be very underwhelmed with the return. Especially when you consider what we are giving up. Anybody but ROR.:cry: Well not anybody, but.....

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
With the call up of the Goalie for LEM as DDC wrote, would one assume a team lacking in Goalie depth is in play?

Possible. LEM have 4 goalies up, with the Aittokallio hurt. So maybe one of Patterson or Pickard?

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I can't see the Avs taking on a bad contract or a guy like Ennis who is essentially a player very close to what Joey Hishon already is.
Based on what? His one minor concussion where his missed no time? Or the fact that he's been almost a PPG player for a year now?

bohlmeister said:
I think we will be very underwhelmed with the return. Especially when you consider what we are giving up. Anybody but ROR. Well not anybody, but.....
I think the opposite. Sounds like a lot of teams are in on this, and teams will kill to get a player like ROR in their lineup. I think the Avs will do just fine on the return.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Ror for tyler myres

images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad