Speculation: Ryan O'Reilly : The Return [no, not that kind of return :(]; Thread 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
If O'Reilly was Russian would this be such a huge topic, or would we just chalk this up to him having no heart and being selfish. The media, like CBC on Saturday night, would be all over him for being a team cancer, bad at hockey, lazy and like Alex Semin.
But he's got so much character!

You're probably right, if he was Russian they'd be all over him.

By the way, Ceremony.. love the Donna avatar.

Everybody loves Donna.

Rhaego

May 18, 2011
Yeah O'Reilly's holdout reeks of Character, the Avs should be ashamed for not rewarding him for his character.

On a completely unrelated note, do you guys think the Avs will sign me to a contract? I'm a pretty good guy. I may not be fast or you know, good at hockey but I still think my character should be rewarded in some way or another..

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'm psychotic and I hate dyslexics. :rant:

come-at-me-bro-turtle.jpg

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Reference to the Who song of the same name. I just found it funny, out of all the various names I've seen for him.

I was just curious, I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to music. Also whos Donna? Isn't that Amy Adams in your avy? Never mind it's Sarah rafferty, dame she looks like Amy.

You guys can say what you want, just remember we have a guy on here that knows these guys personally and I don't think he would appreciate calling his friends crazy or nut jobs.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Tom Cruise hates psychiatry because he's a Scientologist, not because he's dyslexic.

I read that's part of the reason WHY Scientology appealed so much to him. He had a rough going with a psychiatrist in dealing with his dyslexia (or so I've heard) and that fueled some of the hate. Lo and behold, he finds a religion that denounces the entire science. Not surprising that he became a fervent member of the church.

Not saying everyone who's had a learning disability will grow to hate mental health professionals (sure as hell hope not since I work in the field now), just saying I don't think it's completely unfounded to conclude both men might hate psychiatry for similar reasons.

Nonetheless, I've brought Tom Cruise and Scientology into a conversation about Ryan O'Reilly...so I'll just apologize and shut up now. :blush:

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
A couple O'Reilly threads back there was something about his disability, but it's never been explained. I'd guess maybe dyslexia, but then why not just say, "He has dyslexia"? Keeping it vague with "learning disability" leads one to imagine all sorts of things. Like the "learning disability" I get every couple of weeks and which, once or twice a year, leads to a warning on HFBoards. But, hey, it's not our business to know if he doesn't want to tell us. More gratifying to guess, anyway.

Hey! I've got one of those too!! :laugh:

I do to Bender....but my disability's onset is usually triggered by consumption of adult beverages...specifically in mass quantities.

Rhaego

May 18, 2011
Just looking through his twitter... His comments on the Newtown shooting guy is cray

ifeqClC.png

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I was just curious, I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to music. Also whos Donna? Isn't that Amy Adams in your avy? Never mind it's Sarah rafferty, dame she looks like Amy.

You guys can say what you want, just remember we have a guy on here that knows these guys personally and I don't think he would appreciate calling his friends crazy or nut jobs.

Sorry but if his dad is acting this way and emailing Dater and basically saying he can publish it, then absolutely it's warranted. The best thing he could of done, is just shut up and let the agent handle the negotiations. That's what the agent is PAID TO DO. He has nothing to do with this. Nothing good can come from it and it's just basically a complete embarrassment.

Rrabb1t

Jul 6, 2011
Man Bogosian is playing awesome. Would be great return for ROR if Avs could somehow pull it off.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Some of the comments under the letter from O'Reilly's dad made me laugh...

"f my son was getting 95 in math we wouldn’t ask him to get 65 so the rest of the students in the classroom could feel better about themselves."

Brian, your son is an 80 asking to get a 95 in math because, you know, he tries so hard.
Brian O'Reilly has a learning disability and writing is a very difficult and energy intensive activity for him. NO MORE COMMENTS ON HIS GRAMMAR OR SPELLING.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
After reading through the comments I found a guy stating that Brian O'reilly has a learning disability. Is this true? I have never heard of this before. Might explain some things.

He said it on his blog apparently, and just now all but confirmed it's dyslexia.

Obviously his purely positive thinking has solved this for him though, since he still needs to use a dictation app, or have someone proof read everything for him. :shakehead

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=59701749&postcount=721

Brian O'Reilly ‏@coachbri1
dyslexia is a bummer oh well bigger problems in life I will od my tesb to be better.

BTW, this is some of the most Pejorative Slured and dangerous thinking to be pushing on people that may think you know what you're talking about.

Brian O'Reilly ‏@coachbri1
schizophrenics are people lost in their own creative system because they cannot find the love and compassion they need in the real world

Then some chic called him out about all the research that people have done, and he said it was all just made up BS, and cited some likely hack scientists. Then the same chic called him out again saying they were all either unknown, died 30-40 years ago, or did their so called studies 50 years ago. He had no reply for that.

Guy is a kook, and also obviously imbalanced and in need of the professional help he thinks is all a sham to sell pills. I'm sure he's tried to pump his son's head full of a lifetime's worth of conspiracies and other BS, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's played a big negative role in this very strange turn of events during negotiations. Making him feel like the Avs don't appreciate his "worth."

I just hope Ryan wakes up and starts seeing the real world clearly before it's too late.

Last edited:

TheFactor

Johnny Malkin
Mar 25, 2011
Calgary

Don't care what they think. I'll say to O'Reillys face if I had a chance.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
The more his dad speaks, teh lower his trade value goes. YOu think a team like NJ is interested in having a player whose dad has "issues?"

And the thing about US and psychotics is well-documented in conspiracy circles. It's often believed that some of them are even manchurian candidates controlled with psychotics but that's a whole different conspiracy. His dad however is right about a link there though it's not necessarily causation. I don't care about his dad's personal beliefs. I care about the fact that this wuss, ROR, let's his dad or his agent run their mouth while he basically tries to play the victim.

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
I have met O'Reilly's mother before and she could not be any nicer. But her husband seems like he's a bit off his rocker. And you can bet that he is the on telling Radar that he is being slighted. I think even his agent might have encouraged some sort of compromise at this point. It's kind of like an Eric Lindros situation again for this organization. If the return is even half as good as that trade, then we can all be happy.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Enough on mister O'Reilly.

Friedman was saying the offer was MDZ + Stepan for ROR and depth defender. Now he thinks he might be wrong on the Stepan part because dater is saying the avs aren't looking for a centre. If following the avs has taught us anything is DO NOT trust dater. I think Friedman is right and the avs are looking for MDZ + Stepan. Which would be a great great deal for the avs.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
The more his dad speaks, teh lower his trade value goes. YOu think a team like NJ is interested in having a player whose dad has "issues?"

And the thing about US and psychotics is well-documented in conspiracy circles. It's often believed that some of them are even manchurian candidates controlled with psychotics but that's a whole different conspiracy. His dad however is right about a link there though it's not necessarily causation. I don't care about his dad's personal beliefs. I care about the fact that this wuss, ROR, let's his dad or his agent run their mouth while he basically tries to play the victim.

Or Philly or New York for that matter?

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

Well, essentially, he IS the victim. Find it hard to believe that this would be the only time he's been 'influenced'.

It's too bad but that's the way it goes. He'll get traded somewhere and it will be the greatest place on earth until his contract is up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino