Eklund Rumor: Ryan O'Reilly+ for Noah Hanifin

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Okay let's look at the last 5 seasons then

RoR - 267point in 353 games

staal - 187 points in 334 games

yeah RoR is A LOT BETTER THAN STAAL SORRY :)

Why stop there? For their entire career:
Jordan Staal = 20 goals / 82 games; 47 points / 82 games
ROR = 19 goals / 82 games; 52 points / 82 games.

But we aren't talking about what they were 5 years ago, we are talking right now and I laid it out very clearly. Right now (and for their whole career), ROR IS SLIGHTLY BETTER OFFENSIVELY THAN STAAL. SORRY. :) (since you seem to think all caps makes it more right).

Again, you have nothing that backs up your assertion otherwise.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
If ROR is truly such a stud #1 center, Buffalo should keep him. He's still young and is the perfect center to slot in behind Eichel for the next several years. Looks to be working out well for them now.

Reactions: Cardiac_Canes

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
If ROR is truly such a stud #1 center, Buffalo should keep him. He's still young and is the perfect center to slot in behind Eichel for the next several years. Looks to be working out well for them now.
The article is from a writer...no Sabres fans want to trade ROR at all unless the price is high.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I don't think they will move him, or won't unless a team drastically overpays, which is where I'd be if I was in their shoes. Like I said before, I'd love to have ROR on the Canes, just not for the price the Sabres (rightfully) would ask.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

That's the plan. Only way ROR goes, IMO, is if Buffalo gets offered a hockey trade that's just too good to refuse (and adding to him for Hanifin most certainly does not meet that criteria).

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
What about Faulk, Darling, Gauthier

For

ROR, Lehner, Bogosian?

That's really bad for the Sabres, IMO.

Hanifin would have to be part of a return for ROR.

Lehner's a good goaltender

Don't know if a + has to be added per say, but contracts have to be in play for sure to make salaries work. If there were a +, it'd have to be from the Canes IMO.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
That's really bad for the Sabres, IMO.

Hanifin would have to be part of a return for ROR.

Lehner's a good goaltender

Don't know if a + has to be added per say, but contracts have to be in play for sure to make salaries work. If there were a +, it'd have to be from the Canes IMO.

I wouldn't put Hanifin on the table for an ROR-centered offer regardless where the pluses are. It's a non-starter; we don't need another two-way 200'-game guy. The Canes need back a young guy with a 64'-game that can net 70-points/year on-average if we're talking about Hanifin. Hanifin isn't on the table for ROR, neither is Slavin...if that's what Buffalo needs, then both sides should walk away from trade talks now.

It's not a knock on ROR that he's not what we need...but he's not a need and he's not worth burning trades assets on that we may need to move down the road to acquire what we do need.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
I wouldn't put Hanifin on the table for an ROR-centered offer regardless where the pluses are. It's a non-starter; we don't need another two-way 200'-game guy. The Canes need back a young guy with a 64'-game that can net 70-points/year on-average if we're talking about Hanifin. Hanifin isn't on the table for ROR, neither is Slavin...if that's what Buffalo needs, then both sides should walk away from trade talks now.

It's not a knock on ROR that he's not what we need...but he's not a need and he's not worth burning trades assets on that we may need to move down the road to acquire what we do need.

TIL there are teams that don't need more than one skilled defensive minded center. Maybe you should go for Vanek if you really do need a cherry picking forward who only plays in the offensive zone. Not being sarcastic either, Vanek is probably the best offense only player available.

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016

But we aren't talking about what they were 5 years ago, we are talking right now and I laid it out very clearly. Right now (and for their whole career), ROR IS SLIGHTLY BETTER OFFENSIVELY THAN STAAL. SORRY. :) (since you seem to think all caps makes it more right).

staal a 40 point 2-3 c ror is a selke winning 60 point 1c so yeah slightly better offensively is an huge understatement

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA

10-15 points per season is actually kind of a lot which is what the gap has been recently.

Using career stats for a guy that came into the league at 18 as a second rounder is kind of ridiculous.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Yeah Buffalo needs to add. Carolina gives up the more valuable asset in terms of position, age, skill, and potential. There needs to be a substantial add, like a blue chip prospect or a great young roster player.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
So Sabre fans don't want to make this trade? Do I understand this correctly?
Edmonton is very willing to trade RNH + for Hanifin.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
So Sabre fans don't want to make this trade? Do I understand this correctly?
Edmonton is very willing to trade RNH + for Hanifin.
You don't understand this correctly. Sabres fans think something around O'Reilly and Hanifin is reasonable. The majority of Canes do not, and are offering Faulk instead, which shouldn't be accepted by Buffalo due to the lack of term left on Faulk's contract. If they won't accept O'Reilly for Hanifin I don't think you've got a snow balls chance in hell they'd take RNH instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad