Eklund Rumor: Ryan O'Reilly+ for Noah Hanifin

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Uh, I think Carolina would.
They did this with 21 year old Chris Pronger when the franchise was in Hartford

Do you really think a 20 year old trade orchestrated by an entirely different management team has any bearing on whether or not they would trade Hanifin now?

Uh, I think not.

If anything it would make them that much more cautious.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Do you really think a 20 year old trade orchestrated by an entirely different management team has any bearing on whether or not they would trade Hanifin now?

Uh, I think not.

If anything it would make them that much more cautious.

The question was what team does this. Turns out it's the same organization.
Sorry, I have a long memory

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Makes sense for Buffalo rebuilding. Does not for Carolina who is rebuilding. By the time Carolina shores up their lack for scoring Ryan will be in his mid 30s..33 34 whatever.

Ek isnt reliable..unless its done. This time of year ive yet to see one he called first

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Makes sense for Buffalo rebuilding. Does not for Carolina who is rebuilding. By the time Carolina shores up their lack for scoring Ryan will be in his mid 30s..33 34 whatever.

Ek isnt reliable..unless its done. This time of year ive yet to see one he called first

You know who might be able to help in that regard? Ryan O'Reilly.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Nugent-Hopkins? No.

Draisaitl? Perhaps
Well, Chiarelli stated in a season ticket holder only meeting that there are only two players who are untouchable on the Oilers; McDavid and Draisaitl.
Hanifin is a great young defender (you folks know how to develop and draft them), maybe the best up and coming d-man in the league. Would Chai bite? I dunno.

Reactions: RodTheBawd

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa

ROR is 8 years away from being in his mid 30s lol. Hes only 26, and his contract expires when hes a whopping 30 years old. The guy has been in the NHL since 18

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013

Why would Carolina want to wait until Slavin, Pesce, and Hanifan are on UFA contracts to compete?

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
The question was what team does this. Turns out it's the same organization.
Sorry, I have a long memory
I’m a Whaler fan that was there for ALL of that.

This is a bit different though, Hanifin is no threat to be compared to Pronger at this point. Defensively at the same age they’re not even close.

I’m still very hesitant to include Hanifin in any trade though. I do believe Faulk is fair value for RoR and makes sense for the Sabres too. Way more guaranteed mileage for them, similar ages and prices. Faulk may have only two years left but I think he’d be resigned.

As much as I want RoR I don’t think Hanifin is the right move.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Not what I meant. What I mean is yoh dont trade your best defenseman or best to be in any circumstance.

For eg with leafs. Everyone keeps saying Nylander or Marner in a big deal. Why? Ya we arent trading a 19yr old who has extremely high elite potential and a 22yr old on pace with Auston Matthews who may well be a 2nd line center next yr or the following. You dont trade your core.

Carolinas core has to incl Noah..id assume. The leafs for eg is #34 #29 #16 #44 #31. I left kadri out because I have a feeling with his value he maybe a piece we move for a top 4 RHD or for another center. Id love it if we could package #42 for either of those but Bozak has had a bad yr..only positive has been his FO%.

Crazydounut

Oct 10, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Francis already said that he isn't moving Hanifin unless he gets a stud top line forward that is similar in age. ROR is a good center and is a low-end 1C, but he isn't worth Hanifin

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Oilers have 3 #1 centers?
Find me 1 post from an oiler fan saying such.

Oilers fans have said McDavid and Draisaitl are 1Cs and over the past few years in RNH for Canes defenseman threads, said that RNH would be as well. It wasn't until he had a bad season last year that people backed off that stance.

Point being, having strength in 1 area of a team doesn't guarantee success so the initial comment was ridiculous.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
So if he would be a 1C on 15 teams that would mean he is not a 1C? Math is hard

It means it’s more likely than not he wouldn’t be a 1c if he’s #16 in the league. Put him on a random team you throw a dart at and it’s more likely he’s a 2C on that team. To me that makes him a 2c valuation around the league. Is krejci a top 30 center in the league? Maybe, but he’s not the 1c for Boston. Is joe Thornton? Maybe but not when Logan couture is around in sj

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Oilers fans have said McDavid and Draisaitl are 1Cs and over the past few years in RNH for Canes defenseman threads, said that RNH would be as well. It wasn't until he had a bad season last year that people backed off that stance.

Oh don't worry, they're coming back to that stance this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad