Post-Game Talk: Ryan Miller Yaps at Rico; Devils lose in SO

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
I'm 100% serious that he is a joke, clown, j/o as I think he comes off as a real ******* from time to time. I never said he was garbage but I absolutely feel that he was / is overrated. Like I said, he had one stellar year along with some pretty decent ones and he'll most likely never reach that level ever again. Where have we seen that song and dance before? It's nothing new. So many goalies have had their few months / weeks at the top and then it's done. Finished. He's not terrible, but he isn't anything special either. What the hell has he ever done in his career that the most significant moment will not be that lame ass 5 hole goal that he gave up to Crosby? His Vezina? Jim ****ing Carey of all people can lay claim as a Vezina winner. Maybe it sounds harsh but whatever. Miller does nothing for me.

Without Miller, Team USA doesn't even qualify for a medal in the 2010 Olympics. His 2010 line was 1.35 GAA with a .946 save percentage in 6 games. He played incredible and was awarded Tournament MVP for Christ's sake!! I think he may be outspoken and brash, but he's a very good goaltender.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Without Miller, Team USA doesn't even qualify for a medal in the 2010 Olympics. His 2010 line was 1.35 GAA with a .946 save percentage in 6 games. He played incredible. I think he may be outspoken and brash, but he's a very good goaltender.

his play has dropped off since then.

that's all nona was saying. seems his ego got hurt, maybe that's why his attitude is so foul.

first thomas, then quick.

apice3*

Miller's career is based off that Olympics. Those were the 6 best games he played in his life. He had a good year that season.

Prior to that year, and since that year, he's been very average.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
Without Miller, Team USA doesn't even qualify for a medal in the 2010 Olympics. His 2010 line was 1.35 GAA with a .946 save percentage in 6 games. He played incredible and was awarded Tournament MVP for Christ's sake!! I think he may be outspoken and brash, but he's a very good goaltender.

See, this is what I'm exactly saying. If you wouldn't have posted that stat line to me, I would have never ever remembered anything close to those #'s as good as they are. But I do remember him laying an egg that only a dinosaur would be proud of at the absolute worst time.

The Olympic #'s are such a small sample size, and he honestly doesn't need them as support if he's a good goalie or not. I just feel that he's a crybaby dick, he hasn't had this amazing memorable career and he's overrated.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
As a Sabres fan, I come in peace. I'm just curious why you guys thought the Sabres played a dirty game today (You guys are talking like it was one of the dirtiest games of hockey in the NHL this year)? The two primary pairs who were in each other's faces tonight were Ott-Clarkson, and Kaleta-Kovalchuk. I'd say each of the partners in these pairs dished it out to the other pretty equally.

You can say that Regher cross checked Kovalchuk late in the game (which should have been a penalty, but I don't think was with malicious intent), but at the same time I could bring up that Ennis got boarded twice (no, "he's so small" isn't a good excuse for boarding).

Just curious what specific plays upset you guys the most.

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
Yup Tallinder was very good today. No complaints whatsoever with him.

:cheers:

It took s couple games to get Tallinder going, but the guy is a solid 2nd D pairing guy. He will not get back to be scratched. Only watched third, but the D was pretty good I thought. If someone might need a little breather it might be Larsson, he is looking a tad tentative out there.

On the Miller matter in general, I find it funny that he has now become goalie POS nr. 1, and Luongo has turned into the well liked guy because of his seriously funny and self-joking twitter. Not really how it was right after Olympics.

Luongo >>>>> Miller

And nobody will blast me for that. Nice.

Elum

Jan 30, 2013
Miller's career is based off that Olympics. Those were the 6 best games he played in his life. He had a good year that season.

He was 8th in Sv% the year prior to that Olympic year. Last year, he had a 1.91 GAA in his last 35 games after coming off that concussion ( couldn't find the sv% numbers). This year he's 15th in Sv% even with the horrendous defense the Sabres are playing.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Quick or Miller in the nets for USA a year from now at the Olympics?

Quick for me. I mean right? Miller can be backup, because honestly there probably isn't anybody better. Schneider was looking good, but he's been off and on this year.

27 Jonathan Quick in 2014 has to be a better option than Ryan Miller who will be 34 in 2014. This may sound harsh, but I want Miller as the starter as much as Canadiens want 41 year old Marty Brodeur to be their starter. Miller is pretty overrated. He's not bad, but he's a head case, and has a lot of lapses. He's considered a top 10 goalie because of his save percentage. Buffalo usually gives up more shots than any other team, and this year they're dead last. Now was Miller really standing on his head today? He made a bunch of good saves, but nothing that was the main difference. I'm pretty sure the Devils had 26 shots after 2 periods today. They ended the game with 31. So Miller gave up 2 goals on the last 5 shots of the game today. Not saying either was a bad goal either.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006

He's actually been pretty great this year. The Sabres defense is just so putrid, that he hardly has a chance a lot of the time. Hard to judge it off of the numbers.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
As a Sabres fan, I come in peace. I'm just curious why you guys thought the Sabres played a dirty game today (You guys are talking like it was one of the dirtiest games of hockey in the NHL this year)? The two primary pairs who were in each other's faces tonight were Ott-Clarkson, and Kaleta-Kovalchuk. I'd say each of the partners in these pairs dished it out to the other pretty equally.

You can say that Regher cross checked Kovalchuk late in the game (which should have been a penalty, but I don't think was with malicious intent), but at the same time I could bring up that Ennis got boarded twice (no, "he's so small" isn't a good excuse for boarding).

Just curious what specific plays upset you guys the most.

You're playing with fire...

As for the Quick/Miller Olympic question, the job is Quick's to lose.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
:cheers:

It took s couple games to get Tallinder going, but the guy is a solid 2nd D pairing guy. He will not get back to be scratched. Only watched third, but the D was pretty good I thought. If someone might need a little breather it might be Larsson, he is looking a tad tentative out there.

On the Miller matter in general, I find it funny that he has now become goalie POS nr. 1, and Luongo has turned into the well liked guy because of his seriously funny and self-joking twitter. Not really how it was right after Olympics.

Luongo >>>>> Miller

And nobody will blast me for that. Nice.

Tallinder has looked pretty good as of late, and hasn't been a liability. I like the defense the way it is now. If the PP keeps sucking though then honestly I have no use for Zidlicky, but I want Harrold to be given a chance before Volchenkov gets back in it.

I've always made fun of Luongo, but it was mostly his equipment size. I never have ripped on his abilities unless I was making a joke about his enormous equipment. Luongo has those lapses sometimes, but he's usually pretty consistent. Unfortunately one of those lapses came during a SCF game where he could have eliminated Boston. Occasionally he'll have an 8 goal against game like last week, but he wasn't as bad as he looked that game. I like Vancouver in the west so I can't really rip on Luongo. He's a very classy guy, and was one of the best personalities during the lockout. Ryan Miller was CRYAN miller during the lockout. Lundqvist was also very pleasant during the lockout.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't think Miller will even be on the roster. Quick has been the favorite for a while, but don't sleep on Craig Anderson.

Keep forgetting Craig Anderson is American. Yeah sorry cryin ryan, but I want Craig over him. Miller is a has been, and he'll never win a damn thing. He's got his silver medal, and a vezina. Sorry lurking Buffalo fans, but this is what I think.

On the topic of Hedberg I can't blame him for today. What goals are you guys blaming on him? 3rd goal wasn't great, but don't tell me the shorty? You can't leave a guy all alone in the slot like that. Moose made a save on Pominville from the slot again later in the same period. Some healthy beast mode Marty would help though. I'm just worried he'll have a setback cause of the injury and not play at the level he was. Brodeur has been one of the best goalies in the league this year, and this is no bias. He'd have a better save percentage than almost anybody if the PK hadn't started falling apart. Marty's been one of the best goalies in the league dating back to January of last year.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Miller will be there. they won't take Anderson over him

I don't think they will either. Quick should get the starting position, and I'm sure he will. The one bright spot after losing the SCF last year was ''Well at least we get this ****er Quick in net for 2014!''

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Yapping like a jackass when you won a game in a shootout, at a player who made you look stupid on a shorthanded breakaway, all while your team is in 12th place, has Miller coming across looking like quite the tool.

This was really an inexcusable game to lose.

Elum

Jan 30, 2013
Yapping like a jackass when you won a game in a shootout, at a player who made you look stupid on a shorthanded breakaway, all while your team is in 12th place, has Miller coming across looking like quite the tool.

This was really an inexcusable game to lose.

I'm sorry, but this deserves a facepalm. So many amusing posts because of a loss.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm sorry, but this deserves a facepalm. So many amusing posts because of a loss.

This the Devils forum, and we'll talk about what we want here. If it's something degrading to your team, then go away and post something degrading about our team on the Sabres forum. Until then enjoy your cheap poor mans Hasek successor. How about when he fell asleep, and died for two months last year and you guys fell out of a playoff spot huh?

Tallinder wasn't bad the last two games and this is coming from a guy who wanted him to dissappear last week. Tallinder was actually one of the better defensemen the last two games. If anything Greene has been looking a little meh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad