Post-Game Talk: Ryan Miller Yaps at Rico; Devils lose in SO

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Ladies and Gentlemen, please proceed...

Devils looked good overall but brain farts killed them.

I was always a big Zidlicky fan. His stickhandling in OT shows his skill. HOWEVER, he was always a skater whose offensive contribution was meant to offset his liabilities. He's all liability at the moment, IMHO.

MountainGoat

what happend with Miller? I missed the game and the highlights wont load on nhl.com

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I get the Sabres probably want to play with more of an edge after being a useless sack of turds for a couple years, but I haven't been this annoyed with a team since the Avery/Gomez Rangers. Most of the stuff they were pulling was ridiculous. They sent a message alright, that they're clowns and you need to have your enforcers in the lineup to make the weasels back off.

And I don't get the Miller thing either, did he think Henrique said something to him after scoring earlier? Or was he mad at him for saying something after getting speared at the end of OT? There's no logical reason for him to start trashing him otherwise.

dma0034

Jun 27, 2011
Buffalo, NY
what happend with Miller? I missed the game and the highlights wont load on nhl.com

Ennis shot the puck from center ice with 1 second left (missed the net completely). Henrique didn't like it (but it was hardly an unsportsmanlike play). Ennis and Henrique approached each other and Ennis gave a cheap shot to Henrique (who promptly put him down). Miller stops him in a SO but clearly there was some ill well in this game.... glad they play again on Thursday... it was a good game.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
What prompted the Henrique/Ennis thing, and subsequently the Miller yapping?

Two seconds left in OT, Ennis fires a Hail Mary from his own blue line that whizzes right past Henrique.

Rico took exception, thinking Ennis deliberately shot the puck at him.

He went over to chirp at Ennis, but before he could say anything, he got blasted in the face with a glove and a butt end.

That started a huge scrum at center ice, both were given penalties as time expired. Whatever good that does.

Then when Miller made the save to win it, he turned around and started yapping to Henrique, forgetting that earlier in the same game Henrique made him look silly on a shorthanded breakaway.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Loktionov is awesome and has been our best player the last couple games. That's a great thing, and also a terrible thing.

Team needs to be better, and Kinkaid should get a shot on Monday.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I still dont know how the crosscheck on Kovy wasnt called, anyone have a gif or vid of it?

The refs are so bad night in and night out it's not really a surprise anymore to me.
It's like they pick their spots to try to have an influence on games.

They've burned us a few times and probably every team in the league a few times too.

The league has a huge problem with the poor quality of the officiating.
Real bad, almost as if some are on the take level.

The NFL scab refs were better than the NHL regular refs.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Two seconds left in OT, Ennis fires a Hail Mary from his own blue line that whizzes right past Henrique.

Rico took exception, thinking Ennis deliberately shot the puck at him.

He went over to chirp at Ennis, but before he could say anything, he got blasted in the face with a glove and a butt end.

That started a huge scrum at center ice, both were given penalties as time expired. Whatever good that does.

Then when Miller made the save to win it, he turned around and started yapping to Henrique, forgetting that earlier in the same game Henrique made him look silly on a shorthanded breakaway.

I did not like seeing Andy Greene do nothing when Ennis was facewashing Henrique after the scrum. AG stayed at our blue line while Adam was engaged with a Sabres dman, and Ennis was facewashing him from behind.

AG has to be a leader there and do something.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I did not like seeing Andy Greene do nothing when Ennis was facewashing Henrique after the scrum. AG stayed at our blue line while Adam was engaged with a Sabres dman, and Ennis was facewashing him from behind.

To be fair, that was Christian Ehrhoff, I'm pretty confident that Henrique could have taken both of them :laugh:

But I agree with your point. Play is over, nothing left on the clock, why WOULDN'T you jump in?

Nick0930

Mar 16, 2011
Quebec

Maybe he didn't wanna get a game misconduct in case we needed him to win it for us in the shootout. :)

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Also, I know everyone loves to say that Moose is great in the shootout, and he has an excellent win percentage and everything....yeah, no. He's great at staying with guys when they try to make moves and deke, but I've never seen a goalie play shots as poorly as he does. Half the time he doesn't even react, he just stands there like a statue.

I've been saying this for a while now but no one else has ever really brought it up.

I remember a shootout against Washington a few years ago where, I think it was Neuverith, didn't even move on either shot he faced. That's exactly what Moose does. If you shoot it, it's going in.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
Ryan Miller has gone straight to my **** list.
Can`t believe it took you this long.

Also, Miller waving his hands in disbelief that Ponikarovsky didn`t get a boarding penalty for the hit on Ennis is what Lindy would call a joke. :sarcasm:

Also, I know everyone loves to say that Moose is great in the shootout, and he has an excellent win percentage and everything....yeah, no. He's great at staying with guys when they try to make moves and deke, but I've never seen a goalie play shots as poorly as he does. Half the time he doesn't even react, he just stands there like a statue.

I've been saying this for a while now but no one else has ever really brought it up.

I remember a shootout against Washington a few years ago where, I think it was Neuverith, didn't even move on either shot he faced. That's exactly what Moose does. If you shoot it, it's going in.
Add Pavelec and Luongo to that list.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Miller needs to learn how to pronounce Lucic's name correctly. It's not Lu-CHEEK.

Miller reminds me of the dirty hipsters that live in Brooklyn with their hats and dirty looking hairstyles.

Mar 15, 2011
NJ
Lol at Sabres fans calling anyone a goalie a baby. Their goalie is Ryan freaking Miller. Wanna see Henrique get some payback on Ennis and make Miller's life a little more difficult. Wouldn't mind taking a goalie interference penalty

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
Just FYI, he has a long history of doing this.

Oh yeah, and this one is one of my favorites for various obvious reasons:

What a *******.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad