Rumor: Ryan Miller to San Jose

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Devils have some goaltending probs, how would you feel if Shero signed Miller to a one year deal this summer as a backup/mentor?
His age and the fact that there's no other sverage goalies on the Devils frightens me.

Schneider is finished. He's a below average/bad goalie at the very best and the team is a lock to miss the playoffs again next year if he's the starter.

Kinkaid is not NHL caliber as anything more than a backup that's sparsely used.

Blackwood is just too unproven yet to say he's ready for a permanent role yet. That's why I was hoping he'd get a longer look down the stretch, instead of Cory's cremated remains and Keith's cardboard cutout.

Reactions: NinjaKick

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Statistically, Miller in his STL stretch was still better than this season’s version of Martin Jones or Aaron Dell.
Yeah, you're right about that.

I would be okay with trading for him. I actually think it NEEDS to be done. If not him then get Campbell, who DeBoer probably won't want to play either, due to his lack of experience. Which is even less than Dell.

I'd take Howard for a 5th rounder or something, maybe a 4th, but he looks to be about cooked for the season as well. Already 3 stoppable goals on 4 against and on 8 shots tonight and taken out of the game. His save percentage is now down to where it's been the better part of the last 6 years. Holland is eating paint chips if he still wants a 1st rounder for him.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
I may be going off topic? But Anaheim deserves Jack Hughes.

Vancouver drafted Sedin twins. Chicago drafted Kane. Oilers always have first overall, so I don’t need to go down that list. Florida got Barkov. Washington and Pittsburgh got there generational talents as well. Minnesota drafted generational talent Parise. Kings got Kopitar. I can go on and on.

Is this really going to be a Olympic bidding? Anaheim’s number needs to be pulled soon. Getzlaf is Toast. Ducks need Hughes.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Miller likes a lot of work. Does SJ need a starter?
I don't know if I would say ''Needs a starter'', but can absolutely use some goaltending down the stretch that isn't being provided right now with Jones.

Dell hasn't been good either, but he hasn't gotten many games to work with. If he hit a hot streak, he could get his numbers back to respectable, whereas Jones would need to play .930% for 20 games (there's only 22 games left this season) just to end up with a league average save percentage this year.

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016

Vancouver drafted Sedin twins. Chicago drafted Kane. Oilers always have first overall, so I don’t need to go down that list. Florida got Barkov. Washington and Pittsburgh got there generational talents as well. Minnesota drafted generational talent Parise. Kings got Kopitar. I can go on and on.

Is this really going to be a Olympic bidding? Anaheim’s number needs to be pulled soon. Getzlaf is Toast. Ducks need Hughes.
I get your point but minny didn’t draft Parise, they signed him...

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016

I agree though, we need Hughes

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018

Parise was a Devil. And in terms of what he's done and HHOF consideration, Getlzaf and even Perry are ahead of him. Pretty much on the basis that they have won Anaheim multiple cups while having dominant seasons, so I wholeheartedly disagree with your assessment and belief that teams deserve high picks.

Reactions: crackdown44

29Potvin

Jan 27, 2012
London Ontario

Parise qas a devils pick 17th overall

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
And I don’t want to hear Coyote fans chiming in. Y’all had Shane Doan forever. Dudes legendary. Ducks need Jack Hughes.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Holy hell

Zach Parise is a generational talent now? With exactly TWO seasons of scoring more than 70 points? And only one year hitting 40 or more goals

Did "generational talent" get redefined?

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Holy hell

Zach Parise is a generational talent now? With exactly TWO seasons of scoring more than 70 points? And only one year hitting 40 or more goals

Did "generational talent" get redefined?

Yes apparently you never watched the Olympics when this hell hole of a league allowed it. Parise scored some amazing goals. Including the tie goal against Crosby’s Canada. Parise is a generational talent.

He will be in the hall of fame whether you like it or not.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
And I don’t want to hear Coyote fans chiming in. Y’all had Shane Doan forever. Dudes legendary. Ducks need Jack Hughes.

You are ridiculous. Getzlaf was a dominant player long after Doan retired. How is Anaheim next on this weird pecking order of yours that shouldn’t even exist lol

Many other teams have been worse off

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Yes apparently you never watched the Olympics when this hell hole of a league allowed it. Parise scored some amazing goals. Including the tie goal against Crosby’s Canada. Parise is a generational talent.

Ironic you quote me not watching his Olympic play from 2010 when he scored some big goals when he was a member of the devils (where he played the first half of his career) yet you stated he was drafted by Minnesota

I don't think it's other people that need to watch the games. Maybe stop living in 2010 where Miller and Parise are American heroes from the Olympics

You also state Anaheim has only one generational talent in getzlaf but Corey Perry has a better career resume than parise

ThePlanet

Aug 13, 2008
San Jose
Parise was a Devil. And in terms of what he's done and HHOF consideration, Getlzaf and even Perry are ahead of him. Pretty much on the basis that they have won Anaheim multiple cups while having dominant seasons, so I wholeheartedly disagree with your assessment and belief that teams deserve high picks.

Not that I disagree with the point you're trying to make, but multiple?

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Would be a smart move for SJ. Jones/Miller is a pretty solid tandem. Cost will probably be fairly cheap.

I could see Miller re-signing in SJ for 1-2 years as well - unless the Sharks have goalie prospects waiting to make the leap?

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017

He's nowhere near a lock for HHOF, he has an outside chance at best

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Would be a smart move for SJ. Jones/Miller is a pretty solid tandem. Cost will probably be fairly cheap.

I could see Miller re-signing in SJ for 1-2 years as well - unless the Sharks have goalie prospects waiting to make the leap?
I wouldn’t say waiting to make the leap because we have no idea if they will make it. Both Korenar and Bibeau are very untested in the NHL, in fact I don’t think either have played a game.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
You are ridiculous. Getzlaf was a dominant player long after Doan retired. How is Anaheim next on this weird pecking order of yours that shouldn’t even exist lol

Many other teams have been worse off

Name someone else who deserves a generational talent? The only one I can think of is Carolina and they had Skinner. So?? What the heck? Name off the teams that deserve a generational talent. San Jose had Marleau. So they are also moot as well. He’s also a Hall of Famer.

Coyotes had turris also as high pick. They whiffed on. It didn’t pan out. This time it needs to be the ducks on this merry go’round

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Name someone else who deserves a generational talent? The only one I can think of is Carolina and they had Skinner. So?? What the heck? Name off the teams that deserve a generational talent. San Jose had Marleau. So they are also moot as well. He’s also a Hall of Famer.

Coyotes had turris also. It didn’t pan out. This time it needs to be the ducks on this merry go’round.
How is Skinner, Marleau, or Turris generational talents?.... shit how is Hughes a generational talent?

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017

Coyotes had turris also as high pick. They whiffed on. It didn’t pan out. This time it needs to be the ducks on this merry go’round

In what universe is Jeff Skinner a generational talent? Seriously...

30 goal scorer /=/ generational talent

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad