Rumor: Ryan Miller to San Jose

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I feel like this is one of those that the talks are still ongoing. Haven’t heard anything from any of the big people.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Johnson who they claimed on waivers was also put on IR that’s why Boyle started for them last week.

Unless Dell is going the other way it make no sense. Ducks are still just 3 points out of the race. If they can get it they will push for it. This is a veteran group up front. Getzlaf and co won’t get better next season.

You understand Miller is the only one holding this team together right? Have you seen the Ducks once he came back? He’s been magnificent. Once he’s gone. Ducks will crumble. And we have a chance at Hughes. Finally Murray has some common sense about this season.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Lol, why are people saying this is a good move for San Jose for the playoffs

have you SEEN ryan miller play in the playoffs?

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Lol, why are people saying this is a good move for San Jose for the playoffs

He’s only won a Vezina. Also has the most wins ever as an American born goalie. So I guess his resume doesn’t mean much. :help:

Learn before you post please.

Last edited:

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
He’s only won a Vezina. Also has the most wins ever as an American born goalie. So I guess his resume doesn’t mean much. :help:

Learn before you post please.

Learn before I post? Ryan Miller has been an average to below average goalie since 2010.

Watch the games and stop looking at hockeyreference.com

The more you know...

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Both the Sharks and Ducks beat reporters saying it’s not happening

You’re just mad because Anaheim won the trades in the past. We’re giving you a Damn Vezina winner and the most all time winner in wins by an American goaltender.

If it wasn’t for miller? We would be tied up with Ottawa right now. Miller is best on the market at this very moment.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
You’re just mad because Anaheim won the trades in the past. We’re giving you a Damn Vezina winner and the most all time winner in wins by an American goaltender.

If it wasn’t for miller? We would be tied up with Ottawa right now. Miller is best on the market at this very moment.
What's your problem? It literally hasn't been confirmed at all, that's all he was saying.

EDIT: I see you meant to quote someone else

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

I’m assuming you meant to quote the post under mine?

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Learn before I post? Ryan Miller has been an average to below average goalie since 2010.

Watch the games and stop looking at hockeyreference.com

The more you know...

If it wasn’t for Miller? We would be tied with Ottawa right now worst in the league. But since you don’t watch our team, nor the player and just spew bull crap. The more you know...... about users on this site.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
405 really getting hung up on Miller being a vezina winner...

9 years ago

Seriously, who cares how good a guy was a decade ago. There's a reason Miller isn't a starter anymore and I wouldn't trust him any farther than I could throw him come playoff time

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
If it wasn’t for Miller? We would be tied with Ottawa right now worst in the league. But since you don’t watch our team, nor the player and just spew bull crap. The more you know......

Uh more like if it was for John Gibson being the best goalie in hockey this year you'd be in last. Not Ryan franking Miller.

Lol. That was just a hilariously bad post. Gibson carried anaheim by himself in games for almost 3 months

The more you knowwwee

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Have you SEEN Martin Jones this year? Guy is the REASON the Sharks are second in their division and not first in the West by quite a few points. He's literally the biggest weak spot of the team this year.

At least all the ''Martin Jones is a top-10 goalie'' posts or top-10 goalie lists with this mediocre pile of mediocrity have disappeared for now. God, that was absurd when I had to read that dumb shit on here.

Miller wouldn't necessarily be acquired for the playoffs though, he'd just start out as an option to give starts to down the stretch. If he plays well and Jones comes out and stinks it up in the playoffs early, I think they'd have a short leash with him, as this is probably the last time for the next few years that the Sharks will be a legit threat to win the cup. Especially with Thornton's career almost over, and Pavelski and Karlsson's future with the team uncertain.

The Sharks should be able to beat Vegas this year if that's the first round matchup, but I'm really afraid of even a very fatigued and overworked Fleury outplaying the f*** out of Jones. Just like he did last year in the second round.

LeonDraisaitl

Jan 5, 2015
Saskatchewan
Uh more like if it was for John Gibson being the best goalie in hockey this year you'd be in last. Not Ryan franking Miller.

Lol. That was just a hilariously bad post. Gibson carried anaheim by himself in games for almost 3 months

The more you knowwwee
Every game I watched recently miller has been solid, not sure why you are being such a dick but miller is still good

Reactions: NinjaKick

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
he's almost 40 and his numbers look great on a struggling team, not sure what people are expecting. I think he would be a solid back up/insurance on most playoffs teams, could be an underrated pickup depending on the cost.

Personally, I wouldn't mind the Devils signing him this offseason on a one year deal

Reactions: Bleedred

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018

The more you knowwwee

Actually if you look at the standings? Ducks are 3 Pts out of playoff contention. Ducks have won games just because of him after GIBSON injury. He’s single handily carried this team. But since you don’t watch the ducks. It’s like arguing with a wall.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
he's almost 40 and his numbers look great on a struggling team, not sure what people are expecting. I think he would be a solid back up/insurance on most playoffs teams, could be an underrated pickup depending on the cost.
Unless he has a really bad stretch like he did when St. Louis acquired him in 2014, he should be an upgrade over Dell and he might even be better than Jones for the time being.

I don't think he's a starter anymore either, but Jones has been one of the worst starting goalies in the league this year and he's still second or third in the league in wins. That says more than anything that the Sharks are being sandbagged this year by Jones awful goaltending.

Jones probably isn't as bad as he is this year, I think he's more of an average starter, but no better than that. Certainly nowhere near elite. I think only 5 teams, maybe 7 teams don't have at least one goalie better than Jones. And then there's about 25 teams that have a goalie that's either just as good or better than Jones.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Unless he has a really bad stretch like he did when St. Louis acquired him in 2014, he should be an upgrade over Dell and he might even be better than Jones for the time being.

I don't think he's a starter anymore either, but Jones has been one of the worst starting goalies in the league this year and he's still second or third in the league in wins. That says more than anything that the Sharks are being sandbagged this year by Jones awful goaltending.

Jones probably isn't as bad as he is this year, I think he's more of an average starter, but no better than that. Certainly nowhere near elite. I think only 5 teams, maybe 7 teams don't have at least one goalie better than Jones. And then there's about 25 teams that have a goalie that's either just as good or better than Jones.

Statistically, Miller in his STL stretch was still better than this season’s version of Martin Jones or Aaron Dell.

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto

Devils have some goaltending probs, how would you feel if Shero signed Miller to a one year deal this summer as a backup/mentor?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad