Rumor: Ryan Miller to San Jose

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
they have to trade for a goalie but is a 38 year old ryan miller really the guy

They’re trading for a guy to replace Aaron Dell as the backup, not Martin Jones as the starter, and yes I do think 38 year old Ryan Miller really is the guy.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
You're not going to get a better goalie in that price range. Miller has been very solid for the Ducks over his two seasons.

He struggled under the starters load in Vancouver, his first game or two after a break was usually good but the more games in a row he played the worse he got. I'm not surprised he's been great in Anaheim, good D + limited starts allowing him to stay fresh. As a backup for SJ he should do very well too.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Don't know why the ducks would help us, but yeah, I'd do ryan miller for a 3rd, makes a lot of sense

I think it's more about helping Miller than the Sharks. San Jose is the closest playoff team that needs a goalie. Miller wants to stay near So Cal because I think his wife lives out here. San Jose would only be a few hours flight. LA, Arizona, and Anaheim probably aren't making the playoffs, Vegas probably doesn't need a goalie, and the Ducks get a 3rd out of it.

Reactions: Rec T

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
they have to trade for a goalie but is a 38 year old ryan miller really the guy
He's 50% of the reason Anaheim has more than 0 wins this year.

If he can put up the kinds of numbers he has on THAT team, he can 16-0 the Sharks to the Silver Bowl.

RoloTonyBrownTown

Oct 31, 2018
Miller will be the Sharks starting goalie until Playoff Martin Jones finally decides to clock in sometime in the mid 2nd round. Just watch.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Miller will be the Sharks starting goalie until Playoff Martin Jones finally decides to clock in sometime in the mid 2nd round. Just watch.

If they try to give Miller the starter's load, he will see his performance suffer. He's not capable of that anymore and the Sharks better be aware of that. Better to have a good backup and a poor starter than two poor goalies.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
ok i get it boys

but if they plan on riding martin jones through that playoffs they just wasted another year

i doubt he reverts back to insane playoff jones

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
ok i get it boys

but if they plan on riding martin jones through that playoffs they just wasted another year

i doubt he reverts back to insane playoff jones

Most people do but they don't have any other realistic option but to hope Jones figures it out.

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
If this does happen, it would be strictly to give Miller a shot at the cup while staying close to his family. Plus, he'd probably sign in Anaheim after the season

Reactions: Rec T

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Jones and Miller as goalies in SJ?

giphy.gif

Reactions: deaderhead28

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
i would honestly want Blichfeld from the Sharks. he's an older player in the WHL and playing with Glass, but I just love his game a lot.

but a 3rd works as well.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018

THANK YOU LORD JESUS!!!! Thank you i want a top 3 pick so bad. I would literally kiss you right now Caley!!! I want Hughes so fricken bad man.

If this trade goes through? Ducks are rebuilding. Thank you! Thank you!!!!

Gibson on IR and Miller traded???

That’s AHL goalies carrying the team. We can get Kakko or Hughes. This team needs one of them. Enough of these old players.

jMoneyBrah

Jan 10, 2013
South Bay
THANK YOU LORD JESUS!!!! Thank you i want a top 3 pick so bad. I would literally kiss you right now Caley!!! I want Hughes so fricken bad man.

That’s AHL goalies carrying the team. We can get Kakko or Hughes. This team needs one of them. Enough of these old players.

Edit: oops I misunderstood.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Edit: oops I misunderstood.

That means Ducks are tanking. Gibson IR and Miller is the only one who’s saving this team. We bring up AHL goalies. And we’re almost guaranteed Kakko, Hughes in the draft. Hell I’ll even take Cousins.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Johnson who they claimed on waivers was also put on IR that’s why Boyle started for them last week.

Unless Dell is going the other way it make no sense. Ducks are still just 3 points out of the race. If they can get it they will push for it. This is a veteran group up front. Getzlaf and co won’t get better next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad