Confirmed with Link: Ryan Lindgren Recalled (04/04/19)

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Good that he’s getting called up, I can see him doing well
I’ve said this before but when the McDonagh/Nash to Boston rumors started I’ve always said I hoped Lindgren was in the deal. He’ll be refreshing to see, defensive dman who can dish out big hits. Really good skater as well and can move the puck just fine. Doesn’t have high upside but can be a solid 4
Sure you did, buddy.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I don’t think he’s struggling, but I do think the board got way too far ahead of itself last year and over the summer with him.

And trying to rein in those expectations often leads to the belief that someone is struggling.
Well said

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I'm surprised by this, because as someone who doesn't really follow the Pack, I just read the reports of people here and there were a lot of different opinions on Lindgren. Beacon as recently as last week was very negative about Lindgren's chances to get a call up, yet here we are

Reactions: egelband

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I'm surprised by this, because as someone who doesn't really follow the Pack, I just read the reports of people here and there were a lot of different opinions on Lindgren. Beacon as recently as last week was very negative about Lindgren's chances to get a call up, yet here we are
Hah! “Last week”. They were wearing three-pointed hats and buckles on their shoes last week!

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I don’t think he’s struggling, but I do think the board got way too far ahead of itself last year and over the summer with him.

And trying to rein in those expectations often leads to the belief that someone is struggling.

Absolutely and I was one of them. Picked him as a dark horse to make the team out of the camp. It was between him and Howden.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018

Let that be a lesson to you. Don't ever pay attention to the wanna be scouts on this board. They know absolutely nothing about player evaluation. Said it for months. Way too many posters were brainwashed by AV on this board and fall in love with soft, fast skating, puck moving defenseman which is why our defense has sucked for the past 3 years. This team needs 2 to 3 smart, safe, stay at home defenseman who can hit and win puck battles along with clearing and covering the crease.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
This is probably just a cup of coffee for him until at least the trade deadline but hopefully he shows enough to stick around a bit.

Wait...this wasn't some huge move with management hinging their hopes on him as well as future plans for the organization?

If that is true Mr. Cool as a Clam, why will so many posts minute by minute into the next few games explain it in such a way?

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
This move is the first step into getting away from the stupid AV defenseman days. Hopefully, they will start sending some of the other clowns on this defense out at the deadline. Sooner than later I hope.

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
I had mentioned this some time ago, but I was really impressed with Lindgren’s communication with Georgiev. Was sitting on the ice row 1 behind the net, Lindgren was constantly taking charge in keeping in crease clear.

Reactions: RGY

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
So what type of D man is Lindgren? Tough puck clearing? Is he a puck moving D?
He definitely has balls. Plays with a mean streak. He skates well and recent reports suggest he has been moving the puck up the ice out of his zone very well. These seem to be accurate in the limited time ive watched him in preseason and with USA in the WJC.

Also there could be some negative reports on his game in hartford this year, but is that a product of who he is paired with, what the team personnel is like? I dont know.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Even with Claesson out, they still have 7 D. Pionk has been banged up I guess but even then, you're still at 6. I guess this could play into Quinn's comments afterwards last night about winning those 1 on 1 battles and being grittier too.
Pionk's defense hasn't been good either.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
So what type of D man is Lindgren? Tough puck clearing? Is he a puck moving D?
Modern tough puck clearing type guy... I happened apon him watching a random college game at a sports bar. He jumped off the screen, he was everywhere. I was like holy shit the rangers need to draft this kid. Then i found out he was a bruins prospect and posted on here about how Boston has another great Dman on the way... I was so happy we got him at the deadline

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad