Confirmed with Link: Ryan Lindgren Recalled (04/04/19)

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

That's not asking much. Better than the current group of D.

He has been good. I personally think Bigras has been the best, but that's fine. However the comments I've seen recently that he is the most overrated defenseman down there or like on par with Crawley just kind of left me scratching my head. His game is simple and not flashy, but in a good way. Really looking forward to seeing what he has these next couple weeks. I though he could play this season but realistically I has his ETA as next year.

Reactions: Richard Banger

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If he progresses, I wouldn’t expect the physical aspects to be his defining characteristic, so much as the no-nonsense defensive play, with a good deal of sandpaper.

I’ve always felt that if the pieces came together, Lindgren would be the type who would’ve fit in with the type of Defense the Nords/Avs had in the mid-90s.
Agreed. Not flashy, but can be a settling influence. Especially around his own net.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I think this move is a wake up call to the current defense more than anything else. Specifically, that they have to be tougher to play against in the defensive zone. Calling up your most rugged prospect seems like a way to go about it.

Reactions: Richard Banger

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY

That's not asking much. Better than the current group of D.

I happen to like the player and initially felt he was the better prospect over Hajek. Self-admittimgly, i saw more of Lindgren in Minnesota and in International level then i have in HFD. With that said, I respect the opinions of the posters that watch on a regular basis. I am however fascinated by the difference in opinions on this player. Obviously coaches are going to say all the good things, however HF knowledgeable posters have very different opinions here.

Crawford;
"I've been very impressed with the maturity that he's shown," Wolf Pack head coach Keith McCambridge said of Lindgren. "He plays a real physical style, does a good job with the details of his game, finding sticks in front of the net, boxing out for the ability for our goaltenders to see shots coming through from the point. We really like where he's at, and on top of that, what's been a pleasant surprise is the stages that he can skate pucks out, coming out of D-zone coverage, on breakouts. When there isn't an option, he has that ability to make reads, and all of a sudden give himself two or three different options, because he has his feet moving, and he's skating pucks out of trouble."

@Beacon
Lindgren playing Junior hockey on the PK - trying to put the puck between a pro's legs won't work unless you're spectacularly skilled.The most overrated guy in Hartford is

Ryan Lindgren. There is a general perception that he's an inch away from the NHL, Hartford's best defenseman who's ready for a chance in the NHL. That is wrong. Lindgren is probably the worst of Hartford's 6 regular defensemen (Bigras, Hajek, Gilmour, O'Gara, Crawley being the other

@Ranger Ric

1. Gilmour and Bigras had terrible turnovers in the first period but neither one cost and the defense was pretty clean the rest of the game except for O'Gara's terrible throwing the puck out of play at the end of the game. Lindgren made a couple of nice offensive moves and played a strong defensive game. I thought he was the best defensemen. Hajek was strong in defensive end particularly around the goal but was quiet with the puck. Day was scratched.​

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
... concerned about hajek ... what we're all hearing

please do yourself a favor and don't pay much mind to what you read at HFB. It's all subjective drivel, no matter how well thought out, researched or well-meaning

before last season, i wrote somewhere here at HFB that Nathan MacKinnon was still likely gonna be a force in NHL,
and i got an 'avalanche' of responses that i was wrong, he was a bust or at least would never justify his draft slot
they were basing it on small sample size, hearsay, numbers on the page
Now 1-1/2 seasons later, he's been as a good as almost any other F in NHL

This comment is NOT about me being right, doesn't take much insight to predict great results for #1 overall.

Every hockey player develops along his own course, and until they have had ~4 pros seasons, no one knows how most will turn out.

Hajek as earned respect and ice-time at very level; no sure reasons yet to doubt his potential

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
please do yourself a favor and don't pay much mind to what you read at HFB. It's all subjective drivel, no matter how well thought out, researched or well-meaning

before last season, i wrote somewhere here at HFB that Nathan MacKinnon was still likely gonna be a force in NHL,
and i got an 'avalanche' of responses that i was wrong, he was a bust or at least would never justify his draft slot

This comment is NOT about me being right, doesn't take much insight to predict great results for #1 overall.

Every hockey player develops along his own course, and until they have had ~4 pros seasons, no one knows how most will turn out.

Hajek as earned respect and ice-time at very level; no sure reasons yet to doubt his potential
Everyone wrote drouin off and now hes putting up points like nothing

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's

"Don't listen to any of the subjective drivel written on HFB. Now, here's my opinion that I will write on HFB."

giphy.gif

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I expect multiple guys to get looks by the coaching staff.

Might not necessarily mean something is on the horizon or that Lindgren is here for the long haul.

But fun to see him nonetheless.
This really has to be more the case than a trade. Getting a taste for the NHL and maybe getting a chance to play with Brady. Maybe that will "uplift" Brady's game a little. I Just dont want him up here any longer than he has to be. Don't want yet ANOTHER kid ruined before his time. If he flourishes (and really all that means is to play solid defense) then by all means.....stay, but I expect him to return, at least until we can deplete what we already have in bodies (not talent).

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
so we need to play:

55 - 77
33 - 44
?? - 22

we need another LHD with a double number jersey guys....
Well, 11 isnt going to happen any time soon (like never again)
66 is reserved for Mario's son.
And 99, the entire NHL wont see again.

Just leaves #88 for the future.

On another note......Someday just for the hell of it, I would like a 44/77 pairing. Would force someone to play a better brand of defense.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Yeah I just don’t get why. Unless Quinn is trying to send a message to the others, which is very possible, I don’t see why a young player like Lindgren, who could use the time playing more meaningful minutes in Hartford.

Unless he is solid (with a capital S) and immediately moved up with more minutes. That would REALLY send a message to guys like Brady, Pionk and ADA. Play good defense, thats why you are called a defenseman. Whatever offense you provide is secondary to your primry job.

Messages sent to Shatty, Smitty and Staalsy are in one ear.....and they probably don't find it as threatening to their job.

Reactions: One Winged Angel

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
Unless he is solid (with a capital S) and immediately moved up with more minutes. That would REALLY send a message to guys like Brady, Pionk and ADA. Play good defense, thats why you are called a defenseman. Whatever offense you provide is secondary to your primry job.

Messages sent to Shatty, Smitty and Staalsy are in one ear.....and they probably don't find it as threatening to their job.

If smith doesn't operate under the assumption that his job is perpetually in jeopardy than he might be clinically insane.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
he was given #55

such a glorious tradition ...

BACKMAN, CHRISTIANDAPR 28, 1980GOTHENBURG, SWEDEN
HOLDEN, NICKDMAY 15, 1987ST. ALBERT, ALBERTA
LIFFITON, DAVIDDOCT 18, 1984WINDSOR, ONTARIO
LINDGREN, RYANDFEB 11, 1998BURNSVILLE, MINNESOTA
MCSORLEY, MARTYDMAY 18, 1963CAYUGA, ONTARIO
ULANOV, IGORDOCT 1, 1969KRASNOKAMSK, RUSSIA
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

i have no idea why it seems 'fishy' for an NHL team to recall a prospect in January, it happens almost every day

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
DeAngelo is a skill player with an edge but Tony is like 180 lbs and not that strong though he does have a clue how to fight when that happens and he's kind of fearless.

Lindgren's not as skilled as DeAngelo but he's stronger and stockier and more defensive minded.
So if we are having fun here......they will eventually be a pairing. Lindgren will crush someone, and when he gets up to try and "get even", Tony skates on over and says; "don't even think about it" or "Do you know who you're talking to?" All i gotta do is make one phone call!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad