Prospect Info: Ryan Johnson, D, 2019 #31 overall: Signed, Rochester (AHL), Assigned 3/8/24

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Another Botterill defenseman working out, he had a really great first few picks that year, arguably taking BPA at both 7 and 31.

Not many GMs can say their first two pucks are BPA or better 5 years later. Still don’t like him!
It is pretty well stated Botts was good at drafting. Being a GM, not so much.

Reactions: tsujimoto74

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
The play I liked last night was the exit where the Canes blanketed every outlet and he threw a softish puck off the boards forcing the point d to play it or risk it going to an open man. The d had to back off the blueline and we got a change. Old trick but effective.

It stood out to me too. Great play I wish we saw more of

Reactions: Keaganizer

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
The first 10 pages or so of this thread continue to be ABSOLUTE f***ING GOLD

I was re-reading the thread. If you think the first 10 pages are gold...................you should check out the pages in the 50s/60s (like posts 1500-2000).......there are some takes in there that are so hot that the sun looks cold by comparison.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
So let's say he sticks around and everyone gets healthy. They waive Byron down to Rochester sure. Who do they sit?

Also, I'm as excited as everyone, but it's good to see a rookie's play after the sheer adrenaline of initial games wears off.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
So let's say he sticks around and everyone gets healthy. They waive Byron down to Rochester sure. Who do they sit?

I can't picture a scenario where RJ sticks around when everyone is healthy. Yes, he's been solid. But that's a 2 game sample. Our top 6, when healthy, is set.

I don't think he's definitively earned a spot yet.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I can't picture a scenario where RJ sticks around when everyone is healthy. Yes, he's been solid. But that's a 2 game sample. Our top 6, when healthy, is set.

I basically edited in the same thing. Also playing well with Dahlin is one thing, if he plays well away from Dahlin that's quite another.

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020

Also, I'm as excited as everyone, but it's good to see a rookie's play after the sheer adrenaline of initial games wears off.
Eric Johnson

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY

It's not just ditching Byron. Someone else will have to be injured or sit, because RJ won't be here to be the 7th guy, he's going to have to play. I have no problem sitting Clifton but I'm not sure how the staff and FO feel about that.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021

I basically edited in the same thing. Also playing well with Dahlin is one thing, if he plays well away from Dahlin that's quite another.
He hasn't earned a permanent spot through two games, but Ryan should be with the Sabres unless/until he plays his way out of the lineup. We're playing with house money here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad