Ryan Hartman

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Hopefully people can separate him from the trade/expectations and just judge him based on his play instead of thinking about the fact that they didn't want him here.

I feel like people's minds are already made up about him, unfortunately.

Also I saw the argument on Flyers twitter that Hartman is going to block Frost? People already don't like him

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
The only Heart Man is Carter....

Dunno much about this reclamation project. Stinks we squandered Simmon's prime years...

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hartman is solid depth, and no, these guys aren't that easy to find, at least with a reasonable salary and without giving up real assets.
Even with his struggles this year, on Nashville, Smith (22 ES points), Bonino (23), Sissons (21), Hartman (20).
Last year, he had 23 ES points in 57 games and still was 7th among Blackhawk forwards.
Hartman hasn't been used much on the PK in either Chicago or Nashville.

Laughton has had 21, 19, and 20 ES points this season.
Tampa Bay, Palat and Cirelli are 8th with 19 ES points, Toronto, Connor Brown 9th with 16 ES points.
So Hartman is pretty typical of a good teams' 8th/9th forward

Hartman is similar to Laughton in that they're both mediocre 3rd line guys but top 4th line guys.
They're not the marginal 4th line scrubs we've been rolling out since 2012-13.
If they get pushed down to the 4th line in two years that means we have above average forward depth.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Hartman was playing with Badreau on the 3rd line of the USA Junior Team. I believe they love him since then. And they are searching for new bottom 6 options. Also i think they want to play heavier the next seasons! So they loose toughness in Simmonds and tried to get toughness back. Maybe they would have overpay for a Player like Hartman in the UFA Campain. That is my only positive aspect of this trade. The chance of overpaying him is a bit reduced now that he is our property.

I really liked the style of play from hartman in my views of the world juniors. And i would have liked that we drafted him that year. But after he was drafted i don´t followed him at all. In the games i have looked from him in Nashville he is kind of like a Raffl - Powe comparison. Somethimes he was showing nice finishing moves, nice postitioning in front of net or solid forechecking. Somethimes he is invisible the whole game.

I would like him as a 3rd or 4th liner. But iam not convinced as the trade piece for Simmonds. Would take a 2nd rounder and a 4th rounder... But Fletchter is Fletcher.....

And this Franchise is overvalueing Players like Hartman for 30 years, so why the hell should they stop it now....

Hartman looks to impress USA Hockey brass

In 55 games with the U.S. Under-18 National Team Development Program last season, Hartman had 15 goals, 38 points and 116 penalty minutes. In six games at the U-18 World Hockey Championship, he had two goals, six points and a plus-9 rating for the United States.
"He's a player that can play center or wing, so that to me shows the range he has as a player," Housley said. "I've heard nothing but great things about him as far as his development, and you see it in his point totals up to this point."

In his first year with the Plymouth Whalers of the Ontario Hockey League in 2012-13, Hartman is second on the team with 27 points, including 11 goals. He also has 70 PIM and a plus-6 rating.
"Ryan is one of the best skaters in this year's draft class," NHL Central Scouting's Chris Edwards told NHL.com. "He has a long smooth stride and his agility, acceleration and speed are all excellent."
Hartman is ranked No. 11 on Central Scouting's preliminary list of skaters competing in the OHL.
"He's not the biggest guy, but he shows no fear of getting involved and battles for the puck," Edwards continued. "He can hit hard and is aggressive on the forecheck. He sees the ice well, gets the puck through traffic with creative passes and offers a very good shot that he gets off quickly."

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
No reason to be in the Top 6 right?

Giroux/Patrick/TK
Lindblom/Couts/Voracek

Where is he taking over any of those spots?

Reactions: TheKingPin

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If Hartman is a solid 3RW who gives us 30-35 ES points it's a great trade.
That's who he was in Chicago, and why Nashville used a 1st rd pick to obtain him.

While his production fell off in Nashville, they are not a great situation for a winger who needs help to create, they had no centers to drive their 2nd and 3rd line (or why they traded for Grunland).

It won't surprise me if he struggles with Laughton at center, then has a rebirth paired with Frost next year.

He'll be cost controlled for a few years.

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
No I mean am I wrong that Hartman is similar to Laughton? Am I wrong that there are plenty of these types of players in the NHL?

There always has been...not every player is a top 6
Hopefully people can separate him from the trade/expectations and just judge him based on his play instead of thinking about the fact that they didn't want him here.

I agree.....give the kid a chance.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
Hartman only got half a minute of PK time a game and had a minute a game last season. For what that's worth.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
He's definitely the type of player that has more to offer than what he's shown. I think there is still upside there. That said, this trade still f***ing sucks.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
One interesting fact is really the points difference.

Wayne Simmonds - 16G, 11A, = 27 points with 3:01 mins per game of PP time
Ryan Hartman - 10G, 10A, = 20 points with 20 seconds per game of PP time

So Simmonds was playing on average 3 mins more per game (2:40 of that was as the extra man on the PP) and had 7 more points. If this doesn't show anything positive for Hartman, it shows how poorly Simmonds has played this season.

That being said, I really don't have confidence that a line with JVR-Laughton-Hartman is going to work out. Hopefully I am wrong...

Reactions: TheKingPin

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
One interesting fact is really the points difference.

Wayne Simmonds - 16G, 11A, = 27 points with 3:01 mins per game of PP time
Ryan Hartman - 10G, 10A, = 20 points with 20 seconds per game of PP time

So Simmonds was playing on average 3 mins more per game (2:40 of that was as the extra man on the PP) and had 7 more points. If this doesn't show anything positive for Hartman, it shows how poorly Simmonds has played this season.

That being said, I really don't have confidence that a line with JVR-Laughton-Hartman is going to work out. Hopefully I am wrong...

Laughton is not good enough to be a 3C that will win many matchups, so yeah, that line is not going to be very good. We really need Morgan Frost to hit next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad