Ryan Hartman

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Carchidi posted this tidbit from Hartman's draft year.

From one year ago (Feb. 2018):

"He's a young player, he's got a lot of grit, lot of sandpaper, good skill level and a playoff type of player," Predators coach Peter Laviolette said of Hartman, according to NHL.com. "He's somebody we feel can fit in with our group here.

"We know what the playoffs are all about. It's about playing the game fast and executing, but it's also about grit and determination and it becomes more physical and more competitive. I think those work to his strengths. He's still a skilled player ... but yet he's got a lot of determination the way he plays the game."

Source: ESPN

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Meltzer with a good comparison of Steve Downey just not as reckless and healthy.

Hart gonna come in and drop 30 goals next year. Not raising those expectations at all.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Kinda like a Nick Cousins but with a little more speed and skill.

Hartman is a bottom 6 winger at this point of his career.
If injuries occur could slot at center temporarily.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Meltzer with a good comparison of Steve Downey just not as reckless and healthy.

Hart gonna come in and drop 30 goals next year. Not raising those expectations at all.
He’s definitely quicker than Downie, thankfully.

I think there was a hope once he could be another Ryan Callahan, but that seems quite unlikely.

Hopefully he can be a little better than Upshall.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Hartman plays much more physically than Cousins & Laughton; I don’t see those comparisons.

Edit: btw, I know Laughton has decent hit stats, but I still don’t see him as a very physical player. He has zero meanness to his game.

Last edited:

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
No I mean am I wrong that Hartman is similar to Laughton? Am I wrong that there are plenty of these types of players in the NHL?

Laughton would be a wicked 4th liner and could play there on a contender.

He and Hartman could be very good together, forecheck would be relentless with proper coaching

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
No I mean am I wrong that Hartman is similar to Laughton? Am I wrong that there are plenty of these types of players in the NHL?
I think he’s definitely better than Laughton. He has a better shot and more speed, I’d say more offensive hockey sense. Laughton on a breakaway is not going to score. Hartman is more likely to. I think Laughton will make a great 4th liner next year.

Reactions: Breeze 44

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
There’s one hell of a cognitive dissonance going on with the decrying of overrating young players while simultaneously calling Hartman “Scottie Upshall on steroids.”

If he was Upshall with no qualifiers, that would be an excellent outcome. Hopefully he is.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
I remember Upshall's "Forsberg goal" in his first game in O&B. The comparison bodes well I think, trying to be positive here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad