Confirmed with Link: Ryan Ellis traded to PHI. Preds get Myers from PHI and Glass from VGK

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
But you traded a guy that was the #2OA pick in that same draft that's clearly much better now and has a much higher ceiling. Patrick's first two seasons he had more goals than Glass' career high in points. Zero suggest Glass is better now or even close, and even less supports he has a higher ceiling. Patrick has been much better in the league while having legit injury excuses that he appears to be finally getting over.

Patrick also played more NHL games in his rookie year than Glass has played total so you can’t ignore the sample size.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Trading Patrick for Glass was smart. Patricks concussion history is a time bomb. And it's not like his 10 points in 50 games last season is mind blowing.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
I’ll just say that Myers has a ton of potential and he is the part of this trade that I think a lot of flyers fans cringed a little when they heard he was moved but he had a tough year last year as did most of the teams younger guys.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I’ll just say that Myers has a ton of potential and he is the part of this trade that I think a lot of flyers fans cringed a little when they heard he was moved but he had a tough year last year as did most of the teams younger guys.
I think it probably ends up being a good trade for both teams. The shake up alone is good for Nashville.

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
time to shit can Forsberg and Ekholm too … Josi as well

burn the whole thing down . tired of the good ol boys club in the locker room

Yeah that's just extrapolating way too much out of a vague "really, no shit?" tweet from someone not even with the team

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
But you traded a guy that was the #2OA pick in that same draft that's clearly much better now and has a much higher ceiling. Patrick's first two seasons he had more goals than Glass' career high in points. Zero suggest Glass is better now or even close, and even less supports he has a higher ceiling. Patrick has been much better in the league while having legit injury excuses that he appears to be finally getting over.

I'm not sure that we can say that he's over his injuries. He looked like he maybe was when he was healthy during the 17-18 and 18-19 seasons, but then he missed the entire 19-20 season. He was then healthy again for 20-21, but had only 9 points in 52 games, which was half his previous points per game. I wouldn't say that he's over his injuries until he can stay healthy for more than a few seasons and get back to at least his prior production. Hopefully, he does, starting this upcoming season, but the uncertainty was seemingly enough for both Philly and Nashville to pass on.

Last edited:

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I mean, there should be some conversations, especially with the remaining leadership group, but they have to have seen what we all see
I'm counting on it just being an emotional, "sucks to see friends leave" response, because if our "leadership group" couldn't recognize the difference in the play and swagger of the team last year when Arvy, Ellis, etc... were out and when they were in the lineup, I have some serious concerns about their suitability as team leaders.

braindead

Jul 14, 2005
The cookie spoke
You had me with “Ryan Ellis was traded”…. Everything after that was gravy. He made our team actually worse- clearly, demonstrably and consistently worse- when he was in the lineup and with Hyne as our coach, that seemed unlikely to change. His size and contract just added to the risk.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
You had me with “Ryan Ellis was traded”…. Everything after that was gravy. He made our team actually worse- clearly, demonstrably and consistently worse- when he was in the lineup and with Hyne as our coach, that seemed unlikely to change. His size and contract just added to the risk.

So based on that, Rocco is gone soon.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
interesting that the Capital City Club (Forsberg, Ellis , Johansen , josi , Ekholm, Arvy) were also the ones to have issues with Fiala, eventually leaving to his departure from the team.

Perhaps there is a systemic leadership issue in the locker room and could be contributing to the lackluster play .

Did hazing contribute to the issues with Fiala “not fitting in?”.

This team has been gutless since the Cup Run (outside of our turn around this year with the ol boys out ) and it very well could be the vibe in the room.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Myers is the classic tools no toolbox player. To get the most out of him, he needs to play a simple game where he reacts instead of thinks, because if he's thinking, he's in trouble. Use him correctly and he should be a plus addition, but he'll do some jaw-dropping shit from time to time, both good and bad.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Myers is the classic tools no toolbox player. To get the most out of him, he needs to play a simple game where he reacts instead of thinks, because if he's thinking, he's in trouble. Use him correctly and he should be a plus addition, but he'll do some jaw-dropping shit from time to time, both good and bad.
Every young Dman does that. Heck even Josi still does that from time to time. Luckily we have some guys that are good to learn from.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Every young Dman does that. Heck even Josi still does that from time to time. Luckily we have some guys that are good to learn from.

I don't think it's a learning thing. Myers has outstanding physical tools but he doesn't think the game at a very high level. Pair him with a guy who does and he has something to offer. He had a particularly rough season but I would have liked to have seen him get another shot.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
interesting that the Capital City Club (Forsberg, Ellis , Johansen , josi , Ekholm, Arvy) were also the ones to have issues with Fiala, eventually leaving to his departure from the team.

Perhaps there is a systemic leadership issue in the locker room and could be contributing to the lackluster play .

Did hazing contribute to the issues with Fiala “not fitting in?”.

This team has been gutless since the Cup Run (outside of our turn around this year with the ol boys out ) and it very well could be the vibe in the room.
First, you need to stop. You have no idea who had a problem with Fiala, the only name on that list I've heard anything like that about was Josi and that was before Fiala was a full time player, and it was more of a listen to me kid.

It's funny how you keep bringing up the locker room like you've been in it. Probably never been in any locker rooms.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I don't think it's a learning thing. Myers has outstanding physical tools but he doesn't think the game at a very high level. Pair him with a guy who does and he has something to offer. He had a particularly rough season but I would have liked to have seen him get another shot.
Eh we will see what he can do. He's still pretty young for a Dman so Ekholm might be able to straighten him out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad