Confirmed with Link: Ryan Ellis traded to PHI. Preds get Myers from PHI and Glass from VGK

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I mean looking back to some of our best days we were running Weber Josi Ekholm Ellis as one of the youngest and best top 4’s in the league getting a new team core in that age while retaining a few of our older top guys should keep us competitive and exciting for a while

Yeah, I'm grateful for having Poile at a time like this. He's always been good at rebuilding/retooling.

Jul 12, 2007
@desmondtootoo must be shitting himself trying to figure out how to criticize this one
Congrats …. You just made less sense than absolute zero.
I’ve consistently ragged on Ellis for being a worthless smurf. Wasn’t always worthless, just the last few years when he became afraid of everything and spazzed out.
6’5” D prospect and 6’2” F prospect …. For a busted midget ? Do you even remember arguing with me for the past 15 years ?

Last edited:

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Congrats …. You just made less sense than absolute zero.
I’ve consistently ragged on Ellis for being a worthless smurf. Wasn’t always worthless, just the last few years when he became afraid of everything and spazzed out.
6’5” D prospect and 6’2” F prospect …. For a busted midget ? Do you even remember arguing with me for the past 15 years ?

Um, yeah. That's the point. Poile finally did something exactly like you have been wanting, and I figured it would break your brain to not be able to bitch about something.

Jul 12, 2007
Um, yeah. That's the point. Poile finally did something exactly like you have been wanting, and I figured it would break your brain to not be able to bitch about something.
Haha, you cannot make what you said make sense. You’ve been moaning and bitching at me for 15 years for saying “smurf” and “loving the goons”.
This deal, and Arvi’s, celebrate (AKA prove) everything I’ve ever said on this board.
Of course I’ll be mad about it. Yes, of course.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
I am glad Poile is making some good decisions but it doesn’t erase his inability to put together a Cup winner at least once in his long career. I think the country club extends to the FO, it’s just that ownership has to make changes there.

Reactions: bdub24

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I am glad Poile is making some good decisions but it doesn’t erase his inability to put together a Cup winner at least once in his long career. I think the country club extends to the FO, it’s just that ownership has to make changes there.

I dont see how you can call Poile "country club". He is almost always among the more active GMs. I get that he is probably too loyal to "his" people but that isnt lazy.

Poile has assembled some teams that should have done much better than they did. We used to blame that on Trotz until... he proved he probably wasnt the problem.... so I think Poiles failure to win a Cup is just random like Phil Mickelson never winning a US Open. He always ices competitive teams they just never seem to go all the way

Reactions: Kat Predator

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I am excited to watch Glass. I know Vegas fans have soured, but he's still got some high upside.
I would rather have him than Philly's #13 pick and wait 5 more years to see if that pick pans out or not.

That said, I hope people don't get their hopes TOO high for Glass. He has had some struggles to make it so far, and we have a pretty packed roster up front. It's not a slam dunk that he makes our team in Year 1. He'll have to develop some extra jump to his game, and it may be that he needs to start in Milwaukee, who knows. He may be competing with Tomasino. I have a bit of trouble imaging BOTH of them in the opening night lineup. And for all that he has more ultimate upside, is he as far along yet as Pitlick, say?
:dunno:

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
I would rather have him than Philly's #13 pick and wait 5 more years to see if that pick pans out or not.

That said, I hope people don't get their hopes TOO high for Glass. He has had some struggles to make it so far, and we have a pretty packed roster up front. It's not a slam dunk that he makes our team in Year 1. He'll have to develop some extra jump to his game, and it may be that he needs to start in Milwaukee, who knows. He may be competing with Tomasino. I have a bit of trouble imaging BOTH of them in the opening night lineup. And for all that he has more ultimate upside, is he as far along yet as Pitlick, say?
:dunno:
Poile seems to think his issues have been the knee injury and he'll be beyond that know. Obviously, he's seen the medical reports and what not if he traded for him so well see I guess.

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
Poile isn’t one to shy away from a reclamation project. Vegas was only in this deal because glass was targeted by poile and he obviously believes glass is going to be a better player than Patrick. If he thought that Patrick was going to overcome his issues and live up to the 2nd overall spot he was chosen in then poile would have kept him. I think glass has been a prospect he’s had his eye on for a while

Jul 12, 2007
Everyone but you completely understood his meaning.
Yes Dear. I understand. Poile getting rid of midgets and getting some size …. I hate that but am having a tough time expressing it.
Now use your words. Tell us what the doc meant, that I don’t understand.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2007
Oh waaaait …. Poile did what I’ve advocated for all those years, so I’m sad that I can’t be mad because it wasn’t bad and that’s all the doc had ? Rad !!
Who thought that one up, somebody’s grandchild ?
Yes, mea culpa, I could not have expected an adult to think there was a salient point in there somewhere.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2007
Back to real, actual ideas and details … looks like Poile doesn’t see Patrick as salvageable, but thinks Glass is.
Nice wheeling and dealing if that’s the case.
I don’t like Poile as a general rule and think he has a lot of weird habits. Like trying to always get everyone named Ryan in every draft …. Or his roving eye for little faired haired D smol bois. (Stole that from a Flyers fan describing Ellis.) NTM thinking that a team does not need forwards or goals. (Ever since his days in Washington; took him many years to finally stumble into one big scorer, Bondra)
But I’m aware that he does the occasional good deal. Second Forsberg effort …. Sully & Kariya; picking Kimmo / Vokoun, drafting Arvi and Hornquist. This new deal could be good.
I’m an adult, don’t NEED Poile to be wrong, like some here who NEED me to be wrong.

Last edited:

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Poile isn’t one to shy away from a reclamation project. Vegas was only in this deal because glass was targeted by poile and he obviously believes glass is going to be a better player than Patrick. If he thought that Patrick was going to overcome his issues and live up to the 2nd overall spot he was chosen in then poile would have kept him. I think glass has been a prospect he’s had his eye on for a while

I think this worked out for Vegas and Nashville. Vegas doesn't have to protect Nolan b/c they aren't gonna lose anyone. Nashville gets a high prospect that is exempt. Win/win. I think Glass has a higher chance of reaching his potential than Nolan.

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
I think this worked out for Vegas and Nashville. Vegas doesn't have to protect Nolan b/c they aren't gonna lose anyone. Nashville gets a high prospect that is exempt. Win/win. I think Glass has a higher chance of reaching his potential than Nolan.
I agree with this. It seems like the main board is full of people trying to declare one winner and the rest lost because the other players are so bad blah blah blah but truth be told I think all parties are going to be happy with this. I think the Vegas-nashville trade is the real interesting part though as it shows poile really thinks that glass is going to be a player. While there’s definitely expansion draft implications in that trade our third forward slot was up for heavy debate and poile probably could have protected Patrick and no one would really think he was wrong. Even then we could have just gotten a different asset from phily that didn’t require protection. He had to have known that Vegas had interest in Patrick and that he could get glass in a trade for him beforehand

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee

Hopefully some of Shea's abilities can transfer with the number. A little surprised they gave it to him TBH. Also, I did not know Bob Boughner played for the Preds, but he also wore 6.

Notable players who wore #8 - Klein, Grimson, Granberg, Turris.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
was reading up on Glass, and turns out he was quite good on the powerplay for Vegas. 11 of his 22 pts to date have come on the powerplay, so hopefully he can help on that front as well.

edit:

Outside of the physical elements, the skills Glass brings to the table are impressive. He has excellent vision and offensive creativity and can thread a pass to the crease, dangle the puck to attract defenders and find the open winger for the shot on goal. Glass’ skating is a bit awkward, but he has good speed and rarely gets beat. It is easy to see, with some work, Glass being one of the quicker skaters on his NHL team. He should have potted even more goals during his Sophomore season. Glass is a pass-first center but has a dangerous shot that is not uncorked as often as it could or should be. That said, his playmaking skills are excellent, so it’s a minor quibble that he likely grows out of with further seasoning in the WHL.

sounds very much like a smaller but faster Johansen

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->