Confirmed with Link: Ryan Ellis traded to PHI. Preds get Myers from PHI and Glass from VGK

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Does anyone dislike this trade?? This is fantastic!’
!
My only regret is that that eliminates Ellis from being a backup trade option for the Jackets. But, enh, the scenario that would require was an unlikely one anyways. :)

Well, okay, that and he's in-division again. And I'll miss him like I will Arvy.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
I'm happy with the deal. I'm worried about Glass developing but hoping that this means we've worked out a deal with Seattle to take one of Duchene or Johansen. Either for Myers, Carrier or Fabbro.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I have only one thing to say about this trade...

E5-Ozl-Sc-Xw-AUPf-KB2.jpg

Pr0fet

Jun 13, 2015
Really liking this move for us. Glass may end up a bust but the upside is there and I think the risk is worth it. Not sure what we’ll get out of Myers and his current health status. But he was a highly regarded d prospect just a few years ago and if we can use his frame and turn him into a solid defensive partner to one of our puck movers I think it might turn out just fine.

Then again, I may just be happy that I never need to witness the Josi - Ellis pairing again :)

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
OK, PREDS just got a metric f***ton cheaper, younger, an extra expansion slot because Glass is exempt. 7F 3D? if the rumor of Fabbro and Duchene to Seattle is true?

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I'm happy with the deal. I'm worried about Glass developing but hoping that this means we've worked out a deal with Seattle to take one of Duchene or Johansen. Either for Myers, Carrier or Fabbro.

I mean you really have to be super low on all of these guys to go down that road. That would basically play out like Ellis+Joey for Glass which would should result in Poile being immediately fired.

Newest sens fan

My uncle owns Nintendo 64
Feb 13, 2014
Connecticut
Nashville will turn Myers into a beast. He's got all the physical skills he just needs to be polished which is your bread and butter. I think it was a good deal for NSH and PHI.

Reactions: HeyHanrahan

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
He made it up. I can't see Poile pissing away Fabbro just to get rid of Duchene when he doesn't have salary cap issues.
Just depends on what Poile's end game is in all of this. Normally I would agree, but if his goal is to save the owners some money, well that could be a different story. I really don't think that's it, but who knows what his plan is. Right now though he is getting younger, bigger, saving dollars, and changing up the culture of this team. Will we better? That's the million dollar question.

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
That's a great trade from Poile. Thanks for the memories Rocketship. I don't kniw if we're going to get better but sure feels like we are going to look MUCH different this season. Also, David Poile gives zero f***s.

Reactions: SouthNash

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Nashville will turn Myers into a beast. He's got all the physical skills he just needs to be polished which is your bread and butter. I think it was a good deal for NSH and PHI.
If that's all he needs a good stint with Ekholm will do him wonders. Wouldn't shock me at all though that the plan is to play him eventually with Josi, especially if he knows how to use that size.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
That's a great trade from Poile. Thanks for the memories Rocketship. I don't kniw if we're going to get better but sure feels like we are going to look MUCH different this season. Also, David Poile gives zero f***s.
I think the players have kind of forced his hand on that one. Ellis was the one that asked him to keep the band together so its only fitting he is the one to go when it failed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad