Former Bruins Ryan Donato - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Two posts now tonight.

I'm glad the coaching staff are both showing patience with him and allowing him to play on what has traditionally been a 4th line checking line.

Reactions: smack66 and Pia8988

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
i liked his willingness to get dirty, not to score goals, but to get involved anywhere outside the blue paint.
he made a bad play at the blue line out of the box, but busted it to get back and got the puck out of the
zone. he mixed it up with noted tough guy robert hagg (when did this guy start thinking he's charlie manson?).
and he had some good scoring chances. slow and steady with him. as long as he gets his PP time, it's good.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
All 3 kids (Heinen/Bjork/Donato) showed some grit tonight which was a much welcome site. Good game on the fourth.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I don't think this is a bad idea at all. Let him get some more minutes in Providence and see what the coaches get out of him down there

I do think that going down there will help his confidence a lot. He just seemed so passive and like he was overthinking stuff this season compared to when he first came up last year. Going down and scoring some goals should help there. I don't think he is going to learn how to play away from the puck any better there or here, but hopefully gets his offense together so he can re-join the team later in the season.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Good move. I think if that goal vs. Price counted we would be seeing a different player. Imagine the confidence boost of not only getting the monkey off your back, but sniping on one of the best goalies in the league.

Oh well, he needs some seasoning right now.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
This will be a good test to find out what Donato is made of. Does he sulk as a result of being sent down or does this demotion feed his hunger to improve? Papa Donato will give him solid advice. I’d bet we see him back up soon and sniping again.

Reactions: TCB

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Right call. Lets hope he learns from it.

He has been playing hard

But he needs to play desparate .... like his life is dependent on it

On offense for example rarely seen either bjork or donato, dump, chase and win puck possession/hold puck possession

Close to the net, they are not passing the puck and are too trigger happy.

Reactions: TP

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Right call. Lets hope he learns from it.
Agree.

Rather have him down with the P Bruins developing his game than sitting every couple of games with the big boys. He also just seemed a little in over his head.

Doubt he’ll be down there all season. Especially when he gets his shot going again.

Really thought he used his body well in the offensive zone last year when he joined up as well. That kind of disappeared from his game. If he gets that going again it won’t be long at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad