Former Bruins Ryan Donato - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
This will be a good test to find out what Donato is made of. Does he sulk as a result of being sent down or does this demotion feed his hunger to improve? Papa Donato will give him solid advice. I’d bet we see him back up soon and sniping again.

Lets hope he follows Jordan Geenways path. Greenway was demoted this pass weekend and responded with 2 great games scoring a hat-trick in the second one and then was a recalled by the wild. Scoring a goal in his first game back.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I see one this season...is this what you are talking about??

Doesn't matter if he has an excellent shot.... remember Vatrano?

Vatrano was so beaten up by Claude over his defense that he stopped shooting completely.

Donato does not even have a third of a season of games under his belt. He has had ZERO AHL development.
Some time down to learn the 200ft game and refine his decision making in all three zones and he will be back before the end of the season.

There is gold there else he would never have made the team out of school and stayed as long as he has. The coaches see that.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Donato was simply not NHL ready. This is good for both him and the Bruins . He will be back with the Bruins when he is NHL ready

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Would've rather send Acciari down and let Donato play on the 4th line, but maybe he will gain some confidence back in Prov

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Would've rather send Acciari down and let Donato play on the 4th line, but maybe he will gain some confidence back in Prov

I’m mixed on this....not sure if he’s better off getting 16 minutes a game in the AHL or 6 in the NHL?

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
He had that one good game (only good player vs. Montreal), but it's tough to disagree with this.

Reactions: TCB

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
About freakin time. Cannot say the Bs did not give him more than a fair shot to show something. He obviously has shooting skills, so hopefully he works on the things that he's weak at and comes back up next time with the ability to contribute and stay. He definitely needs the ice time in Providence to develop. Would be cool if he strengthens his game rapidly and can help the Bs later this season.The Bs made the right decision.

Reactions: Blowfish

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
my prediction... donato absolutely lights up the ahl

by the time playoffs roll around hes ready to come back and be an impact player for us

im jacked hes getting a chance to find his mojo

it makes things a bit easier for Bjork at the nhl level to lock a spot in the lineup and get his confidence up too. put Bjork with backes and Heinen as a 3rd line and let them gel and get going as a group that learns where each other will be

still leaves us looking for a 3rd person for the krejci/debrusk line but I do want to see more pasta here... find out once and for all if that will work and give us dependable second line scoring.

as for Bergeron/marchand… I think pasta could do some double shifting when we need a goal. in the meantime I don't think it matters who plays with them. they are good enough by themselves to dominate opposing lines

Reactions: KnightofBoston

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
Will be good for him
See him back stronger this year
Acciari should go there with him he is not at all a NHL players

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
About time but he will be back in a few months. He has been the least impressive out of the kids thus far this season. He’s another player I think needs to be in a top 6 role to succeed. Bjork, Heinen, DeBrusk, can make do anywhere in the lineup if need be and right now that is more valuable to this top-heavy team.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
The guy got the equivalent of a junior player's stay and people are freaking out like he was here too long. He earned an extended look based on last years performance. That said sending him to Providence is probably best for both him and the Bruins

Last edited:

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
put him with jfk and let them get comfortable with each other... then when backes goes down again you call them both up and stick them with nordstrom

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
The bruins didn’t koko him. That is something much different than how young assets were previously handled. He was given opportunities to succeed. He simply needs some conference and more strength

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad