RW Vitaly Kravtsov - Traktor Chelyabinsk, KHL (2018, 9th, NYR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bagsw

Apr 17, 2016
Saint Petersburg, Russia
19 goals in 9 games in November is actually on par with their season average. The team hasn't really improved in the scoring department, they are just lucky with some low-scoring wins going their way.

Again, Traktor is one of the worst teams when it comes to scoring, yet Kravtsov still puts up points equal or better than guys like Kuznetsov, Tarasenko and Panarin at the same age. Kravtsov is more a playmaker, driving the play on his line. Don't get me wrong, Kuznetsov was great in his D+1 year, but that team was much better offensively than the current Traktor team. 2.6 goals a game vs 1.8 goals a game is a huge difference. Kuznetsov had a team around him that was clicking
I agree with you about scoring.
But I think that we are talking anout a bit different things. I wanted to say that Kuznetsov looked more mature, smarter and more noticeable player at the same age with Kravtsov.
Of course Vitaly is already good player with skills, but numbers are not everything.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I agree with you about scoring.
But I think that we are talking anout a bit different things. I wanted to say that Kuznetsov looked more mature, smarter and more noticeable player at the same age with Kravtsov.
Of course Vitaly is already good player with skills, but numbers are not everything.

Yeah, Kuznetsov was very noticeable, I agree. But part of that is because he was on a better team where he got more opportunities to stand out. He had teammates who were actually producing and setting him up, whereas Kravtsov is creating most scoring chances himself (on his line). This also ties in with Kuznetsov being a different player at the time than Kravtsov is now. Kuznetsov grew into the role of playmaker while Kravtsov already is one. It's difficult to draw comparisons without losing focus of what each player's individual strengths are/were at the age of 18.

I hope Kravtsov stays in Russia for at least another year. I am afraid the Rangers will bring him over this off-season though. Kuznetsov played 4 seasons in Russia after being drafted and it was the best development for him, rather than playing a marginal role on a stacked Washington team. Maybe things are different with the Rangers and Kravtsov can slot in as a 2nd line winger, but if that's not possible, just keep him in Russia for another year

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Don't see the Gaborik comparison at all in his game. Even like, pre-inuries Gaborik with the Wild is not the type of player that Kravtsov is.
The comparison was the shot and the quick release. Not the play style.

Last edited:

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Yeah, Kuznetsov was very noticeable, I agree. But part of that is because he was on a better team where he got more opportunities to stand out. He had teammates who were actually producing and setting him up, whereas Kravtsov is creating most scoring chances himself (on his line). This also ties in with Kuznetsov being a different player at the time than Kravtsov is now. Kuznetsov grew into the role of playmaker while Kravtsov already is one. It's difficult to draw comparisons without losing focus of what each player's individual strengths are/were at the age of 18.

I hope Kravtsov stays in Russia for at least another year. I am afraid the Rangers will bring him over this off-season though. Kuznetsov played 4 seasons in Russia after being drafted and it was the best development for him, rather than playing a marginal role on a stacked Washington team. Maybe things are different with the Rangers and Kravtsov can slot in as a 2nd line winger, but if that's not possible, just keep him in Russia for another year
He’s definitely coming over next season and he’s ready for the next step. If he's on the 3rd line and getting PP time than that would still be perfect, he’ll still get around 15-16 min a game like he’s getting in the KHL this season.

Reactions: Leopain

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
He’s definitely coming over next season and he’s ready for the next step. If he's on the 3rd line and getting PP time than that would still be perfect, he’ll still get around 15-16 min a game like he’s getting in the KHL this season.

If that's the case, sure. If he's going to start in the AHL, and then play 2 months on the 4th line, I don't really see the point in bringing him over.

Reactions: Leopain

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
If that's the case, sure. If he's going to start in the AHL, and then play 2 months on the 4th line, I don't really see the point in bringing him over.
I don't see him playing on a 4th line. But yea, if he struggles at the NHL level he will develop in the AHL for a couple months and play on the 1st line getting 18-20 minutes. Not the worst thing for a 19 year old.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
There's just an air about him. There's an audacity in the way he moves and handles the puck. He knows how good he is. I like that in a scorer.

He creates scoring chances all the time. He's driving offense on a team that's 2nd to last in scoring in the league. Let that sink in

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
What a shift on the delayed penalty! Entered the zone, distributed the puck. Glinkin is looking for him and no one else. It's great!

bagsw

Apr 17, 2016
Saint Petersburg, Russia
Very good game against one of best teams in the league. It is good sign that he can play well against team that is coached by Bob Hartley, can't wait for WJC this year.

bagsw

Apr 17, 2016
Saint Petersburg, Russia
If I understand correctly, training camp of U20 national team starts tomorrow and Kravtsov will take a part in it. Not sure if he will be there from the start or will come later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad