RW Vitaly Kravtsov - Traktor Chelyabinsk, KHL (2018, 9th, NYR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
This was so cool earlier today. I went to Starbucks before the game to get free WiFi and text a friend, when a Russian family approached me. They recognized me from the Helsinki video back in September, and the guy wanted a photo with me. Turns out, that was Vitali's dad, mom and sister!

Thats cool. Awesome for you man!

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Lots of spacial awareness handling the puck vs the Czechs, but need to be more aggressive. He didn't really carry the play much.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I don't know why they don't just dress Khovanov and let Kravtsov play as a winger in his natural position.

Reactions: QJL

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
It looks like the Rangers might finally have a franchise player

He's good. But I wouldn't say he's who you want as a franchise player if you're planning to win cups.

Is he ovechkin/crosby/malkin/kane?

Maybe, but very unlikely he will ever be on that level.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
He's good. But I wouldn't say he's who you want as a franchise player if you're planning to win cups.

Is he ovechkin/crosby/malkin/kane?

Maybe, but very unlikely he will ever be on that level.
Ovechkin & Crosby are generational, and Malkin & Kane are among the very top of franchise players. I’m defining a franchise player as basically one of the top 30 players in the league, the face of their franchise. I think Kravtsov could definitely be Kucherov/Gaudreau/Kuznetsov level. And aside from his play on the ice he oozes personality & leadership, whenever the camera pans to the bench you always see him laughing and talking to other players, he’s been studying in university to be a hockey coach, etc.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It looks like the Rangers might finally have a franchise player

I don't think so, but probably the best chance in the system outside of Shestyorkin.

This team needs a definite franchise player. If our best hopes for this are guys like Chytil or Kravtsov, we are in big trouble. Its not their fault. They are very good prospects, but most prospects of that level don't turn into franchise players. The GM needs to be held responsible for being unable to acquire elite talent.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I don't think so, but probably the best chance in the system outside of Shestyorkin.

This team needs a definite franchise player. If our best hopes for this are guys like Chytil or Kravtsov, we are in big trouble. Its not their fault. They are very good prospects, but most prospects of that level don't turn into franchise players. The GM needs to be held responsible for being unable to acquire elite talent.

Yea, because that is just so easy.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018

Its not the GMs fault at Lundqvist never let this team get lower than a 10th OA pick. 90% of the elite franchise cup-winning players are taken in the first 3 or 4 picks.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Its not the GMs fault at Lundqvist never let this team get lower than a 10th OA pick. 90% of the elite franchise cup-winning players are taken in the first 3 or 4 picks.
Yeah it's a little hard to hear, and you cant fault Hank at all and we love him. But his consistent play all these years has prevented us from ever falling as low as you have to to acquire that top end elite talent that Cup winning teams all have. If we had a more average goalie situation are 6th overall/ 7th overall picks could be 2nds or 3ds maybe even 1OA. Again its a funny thing to complain about Hank, but thats just the fact of the matter.

The same things happening this year, for us to have as little ROWs as we do, and still Hank is keeping us in games, getting us to OT getting points. Without him we'd be bottom 5 or worse right now

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Kravtsov suffered a torn triceps while playing for Team Russia the 2019 IIHF World Junior Champship, Igor Eronko of Sport-Express reports.

Russian coach Valeria Bragin said Kravtsov was "fine" but that was clearly downplaying the injury. Kravtsov was able to play through the injury and lead Russia to a bronze medal while working as the team's first-line center. He finished the tournament with two goals and four helpers in seven games. Surgery could be scheduled for the 19-year-old, and that would likely end his KHL season and make it unlikely that Kravtsov joins the Rangers, who picked him ninth overall in the 2018 NHL Draft, this year.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
How long is he out injured?
If its surgery most likely that means full tear of the muscle. If that is the case its incredible he played thru that. I mean other athletes have but at 19 years old I don't know. I'm hoping it was/is a partial tear but if not probably looking at 2-4 months for full recovery.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
definitely explains why he was so timid toward end of tournament and also not taking some faceoffs. Must have been really hard to completely extend his arm and apply force.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I recall seeing Kravstov cringe every time he got foiled by Primeau on a one-timer (and he had a few good chances in that semi). I assumed it was out of frustration, but it was apparently both frustration and physical pain!

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Makes his tournament even more impressive. Lots of talk about Denisenko and Romanov (both getting overrated by this tournament, especially Denisenko, who had a good tourney stat-wise but was brutal to watch him lose the puck every other shift trying to deke through players)
From the beginning of the tournament, I’ve been saying that Kravtsov doesn’t “look like Kravtsov”
He was playing timid and wasn’t hustling/all over the puck like he usually is and I thought maybe he’s holding back so he doesn’t get injured, he does have a KHL team to get back to where he is the best forward
He wasn’t being used correctly either, while he can play C he was being employed as a defensive center. In his own zone he was down way too low which gave him less of an opportunity to join the rush and in the offensive zone, he was staying up at the blue line making plays from there, usually he’ll be down low or in the middle, not up that high. On the powerplay (which frustrated me the most) Kravtsov was still in the middle playing in front of the net instead of playing RW, where he’s the most lethal generating chances. Kravtsov was also Russia’s best defensive forward, generating a ton of takeaways
Finding out he played in the WJC injured doesn’t surprise me at all
Also, a torn triceps would’ve effected his shot, maybe that’s why most of his shots couldn’t elevate? I remember against the US he had a couple of really good shot opportunities

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad