RW Vitaly Kravtsov - Traktor Chelyabinsk, KHL (2018, 9th, NYR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm

What's the point in looking at plays like this?

Don't you all know that Nail Yakupov scored goals like this and he turned out to be a bust!? :sarcasm:

And how can you show this when Kravtsov does it when you know Kuznetsov didn't do it in this game!!!!?

Jesus. What an embarrassment that one dude was to read last page

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I chuckle at the comments on his "disapointing" D+1.

Guy has the tools to be a star winger. Great pick Ranger fans.
Haven’t seen anyone say that but I agree, kid has tons of potential

Jonas1235

Jan 8, 2008
Calgary
He is still a boy. KHL goalies are very good, he will not beat them on straight shots. If he puts up 20 points this year that would be awesome. Come over next year with Shestyorkin and hang out with Buchnevich and Kreider.

CanuckCity

Aug 23, 2012
Budapest
Loved the pick at the time and will be following his career closely. He'll be on russia's WJC team right?? would love to see him live

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Loved the pick at the time and will be following his career closely. He'll be on russia's WJC team right?? would love to see him live

He captained the u20 team in Hodonin 2 weeks ago and the players were following him in everything. Warmups, they looked to him, walking from the park to the arena, they followed him. He's the leader of that team. He will be the first player on the roster when the coaches get to put the team together.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
He captained the u20 team in Hodonin 2 weeks ago and the players were following him in everything. Warmups, they looked to him, walking from the park to the arena, they followed him. He's the leader of that team. He will be the first player on the roster when the coaches get to put the team together.
Isn’t he also rumored to be playing center at the WJC like he did at 4 nations? I’d love for him to be molded back into C

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Isn’t he also rumored to be playing center at the WJC like he did at 4 nations? I’d love for him to be molded back into C

Yeah. He played center and was quite good too. I don't think he will play center long term. He's basically the same as Chytil. A winger who was moved to center at age 18 but is a better winger

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He's picked up his play, which was to be expected. His SH% was very low early in the season and his teammates were flubbing a lot of scoring chances that he provided. That stuff evens out over the course of the season, although his SH% still is only 7%, so I think we could expect even better goal production than we are seeing now.

He's at 5 goals and 10 assists in 30 games. .5PPG in the KHL at his age is in line with what you saw from all the best prospects to come through the KHL the last 10 years. The only one that was considerably better was Tolvanen, but we now see that his stats might've been unsustainable.

I would say that so far he's held his stock where he was picked. A lot of people thought that he wasn't a top 10 caliber player, but I think he's showing that it was the correct range. The Rangers said that they had him as the second best forward in the 2018 draft. I don't think he's shown that so far, but I think he's shown that he deserved to be a top 10 pick. On the balance, its looking like the value of the pick wasn't bad. I still would've preferred Dobson because I thought we needed a defenseman, but Kravtsov wasn't a bad pick at the time and isn't a bad pick now.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Really happy to see him scoring. Slightly concerned that a lot of these goals are him rocketing one timers with amounts of space that really aren't there in the NHL usually. Look at that goal today. Happens in the NHL time to time but not often. There was nobody within a mile of him.

lilphildub

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2009
Really happy to see him scoring. Slightly concerned that a lot of these goals are him rocketing one timers with amounts of space that really aren't there in the NHL usually. Look at that goal today. Happens in the NHL time to time but not often. There was nobody within a mile of him.

Zibby gets a bunch of chances on the PP in similar fashion. I wouldn't be concerned about that

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Just because he’s scored like that this season doesn’t mean that’s his main way of scoring, he drives to the net and gets a lot of goals from there as well

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Just because he’s scored like that this season doesn’t mean that’s his main way of scoring, he drives to the net and gets a lot of goals from there as well
At this level, he has 5 goals this year. Unless I'm remembering wrong, which is totally possible, at least 3 of those were similar one timer situations.

Having said that, he's had plenty of grade a scoring changes driving the net and similar stuff.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
To be fair, the goal today was a power play goal

FoxyClean

Gets The Tough Pucks Out
Sep 19, 2016
Brooklyn
After decades of disappointment, this guy will be the first Rangers prospect to become a huge star in the NHL and consistently be in the Top 10 in scoring. Can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->