RW Vitaly Kravtsov (2018, 9th, NYR; traded to VAN) Part2

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I am pretty sure that there is some kind of unofficial agreement at least.
Of course, there is an agreement between the player, Traktor & NYR. It says that Kravtsov will spend all 2020-21 season with Traktor Chelyabinsk in the KHL.

It is a different situation as we see in other European leagues. Here, a loaned player will come back to North America when the pre-season starts in America because the loan agreement is written in that way. Because they have the transfer agreement with the NHL & the NHL does not honour the player´s contract with European club.

The KHL signed MoU with the NHL where both sides honour players´ contracts.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Of course, there is an agreement between the player, Traktor & NYR. It says that Kravtsov will spend all 2020-21 season with Traktor Chelyabinsk in the KHL.

It is a different situation as we see in other European leagues. Here, a loaned player will come back to North America when the pre-season starts in America because the loan agreement is written in that way. Because they have the transfer agreement with the NHL & the NHL does not honour the player´s contract with European club.

The KHL signed MoU with the NHL where both sides honour players´ contracts.
Now reading the confirmation from Traktor, here. All season with Traktor in the KHL or no deal.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Don't know what to tell you, dude. That's what he reported.
That is fine. He reported it but he has no clue about the issue, especially the KHL by-laws. And the NHL agents are the same. They say what North American audience wants to hear. Even though it is a lie.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
That is fine. He reported it but he has no clue about the issue, especially the KHL by-laws. And the NHL agents are the same. They say what North American audience wants to hear. Even though it is a lie.

How do you know that he doesn't know the KHL by-laws? Did you ask him?

I think you are putting too much into a one sentence tweet. The wording may not be incredibly precise, but I think the point he's trying to get across is clear.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
6 goals and 15 points in 39 games in Hartford does not appear ready for the NHL to me and it's better he plays than he doesn't and I have serious doubt that the AHL is going to have a 20-21 season. This pandemic isn't just going to magically disappear or at least not in the United States. The AHL will need the resources for a bubble just as much as the NHL will if they begin again in December or January. Who's going to pay for that? The NHL owners?--seriously doubt that. Kravtsov took a step back IMO last year--he needs to put on a few more pounds and work at getting stronger. The KHL IMO is the best place for him now.

Reactions: bleedblue94

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
How do you know that he doesn't know the KHL by-laws? Did you ask him?

I think you are putting too much into a one sentence tweet. The wording may not be incredibly precise, but I think the point he's trying to get across is clear.
I do not need to talk to him to know that his job is to cover the NHL or some NHL club, nothing else.

His words are clear. He says Kravtov´s contract with Traktor is terminated per se when NYR re-calls me. But it does not work like that between KHL and NHL clubs. It has never worked.

Plus the confirmation from Traktor about the agreement with NYR. According to it, Kravtsov is loaned to Traktor for all season. Traktor even does not negotiate about other option. As we can see with Pilut, yeah, not the same case because he does not have a valid NHL deal. But, we also read from North American journalists that Pilut´s contract will be terminated per se after 2020-21 (so having opt-out clause), which is not true.

Last edited:

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
Just the plain truth. Wake up. We live in times of Twitter-journalism. Everybody is obsessed with clicks and reposts, nobody cares about facts.

such conspiracy theory slogans don't work on me.

Brooks might be mistaken, but there's no agenda here. Not even sure what he'd be trying to accomplish by lying.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
propaganda/counter-intel slogans don't work on me. Brooks might be mistaken, but there's no agenda here. Not even sure how that even makes sense.
LOL what does it have to do with propaganda? We are not talking about politics. We are talking about a deteriorating social system in which following ever shorter lived hypes and trends to make a quick buck is presiding over every sensible aspect of handling information.

Reactions: BoltsOfAnarchy

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
LOL what does it have to do with propaganda? We are not talking about politics. We are talking about a deteriorating social system in which following ever shorter lived hypes and trends to make a quick buck is presiding over every sensible aspect of handling information.

oh my, how melodramatic.

"wake up"
"don't believe everything you hear"
"don't trust sources"

all tactics used to sew distrust, it's not politics. It's basic fact. How does Brooks make a buck on a tweet that may or may not be misinformed?

Until you answer that with an explanation that borders on sanity, I'll just take what he said with a grain of salt as I always do and move on with my life without believing in baseless conspiracy theories spread by random HFboards users.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Good let him marinate in the KHL and hopefully put up decent number vs here getting 4th line minutes/getting healthy scratched under Quinn. Kid wasn't ready/Strong enough to play full time in the NHL. He obviously has the raw talent and skill so spending even a full year in the KHL can't be a bad thing especially under these circumstances.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
Kravtsov can play in three different leagues last season but it's Larry Brooks' secret twitter click racketeering scheme that there may be a clause in his loan agreement that he go the other way during a pandemic season - wherein it's more excusable than ever that someone be mistaken over the flexibility of the rules given the circumstances

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
oh my, how melodramatic.

"wake up"
"don't believe everything you hear"
"don't trust sources"

all tactics used to sew distrust, it's not politics. It's basic fact. How does Brooks make a buck on a tweet that may or may not be misinformed?

Until you answer that with an explanation that borders on sanity, I'll just take what he said with a grain of salt as I always do and move on with my life without believing in baseless conspiracy theories spread by random HFboards users.
You are the one with the tin foil hat here.

He of course makes a quick buck increasing the popularity of his Twitter account with

a.posts that are not well researched, but generate clicks

b.telling a specific audience exactly what that audience WANTS to hear, yet again imporving popularity and clicks for his account

And it is common practice. When NA reporters report about russian players or the KHL or Russia for that matter, they often make most ridiculous, untrue statements that are not borderline but obviously ignorant to the russian audience maybe, but due to lack of a proper picture of russian hockey and stereotypes about it(spread again by those same NA journalists) they hit the spot with the NA audience. They don't do it to mislead people though. That is all I wrote, tin foil hat, they do it because that is what is expected of them by the ausdience. That's just bad wag the dog journalism and sadly becoming more and more common though.

Last edited:
Reactions: vorky

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
You are the one with the tin foil hat here.

He of course makes a a quick buck increasing the popularity of his Twitter account with

a.posts that are not well researched, but generate clicks

b.telling a specific audience exactly what that audience WANTS to hear, yet again imporving popularity and clicks for his account

And it is common practice. When NA reporters report about russian players or the KHL or Russia for that matter, they often make most ridiculous, untrue statements that are not borderline but obviously ignorant to the russian audience maybe, but due to lack of a proper picture of russian hockey and stereotypes about it(spread again by those same NA journalists) they hit the spot with the NA audience. They don't do it to mislead people though. That is all I wrote, tin foil hat, they do it because that is what is ecpected of them by the ausdience. That's just bad wag the dog journalism and sadly becoming more and more common though.
And even saddest thing is that one Russian journalist, actually not a Russian, used to do the same. Tweeting in a manner his American audience wanted to hear. He stopped doing it for obvious reasons.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
ya but did he make millions of dollars like Brooksie here does?

Look forward to Kravtsov getting some pre-season action over in Russia before being recalled.

Last edited:

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I think it’s both, organization and the players. Gordie Clark needs to be fired, and I’m not convinced Bobrov, the director of European scouting and perceived front runner to replace Clark, is any better.

The Kakko pick isn’t looking too great either through one year, although I’m much less concerned about his development and he doesn’t seem to have the same character issues as the prior two top ten picks.
Lol 31 out of 31 organizations pick Kakko at 2 last season. The issue may be more with development than scouting. I also think Lias Andersson isn't a complete dud of a player and if he had been drafted by someone else he probably would be in the NHL right now. No superstar, for sure, but a strong role player.

Reactions: MakoSlade

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
I think it’s both, organization and the players. Gordie Clark needs to be fired, and I’m not convinced Bobrov, the director of European scouting and perceived front runner to replace Clark, is any better.

The Kakko pick isn’t looking too great either through one year, although I’m much less concerned about his development and he doesn’t seem to have the same character issues as the prior two top ten picks.

Jeezus, Kakko has only played ONE season at age 18. Wayyyy too early to declare the pick as not looking too great. If he's like this in like his 4th/5th season, then yeah, it likely wasn't a great pick.

Reactions: bl02 and Ana Crusis

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Jeezus, Kakko has only played ONE season at age 18. Wayyyy too early to declare the pick as not looking too great. If he's like this in like his 4th/5th season, then yeah, it likely wasn't a great pick.

If he's in his 4th/6th season and still struggling, it's at the point he's already a bust or being discussed as a bust. Andersson is four drafts removed from being drafted, and people are calling him a bust. If a 2OA isn't tracking as a 2OA after two seasons, thats time to be seriously worried.

I wouldn't suggest Kakko is a bust or anything like that yet and I don't think he will be a bust, but its the 2nd pick in the draft. That pick is going to be scrutinized a lot early on and that player is going to be expected to contribute right away.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
whats the updated outlook on Kravtsov? he used to be every rangers fans' favorite prospect. now, he seems to be filled with controversy. i hope he reaches his potential tho. he looks great and real fun when on his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad