RW Simon Holmström - HV71 J20, SuperElit (2019, 23rd, NYI)

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I've really liked Holmström in this tournament. He has everything you want in a forward pretty much. Maybe not elite skill but I definitely think he could be a very good 2nd liner in the NHL.

Really curious to see where he goes in the draft. I could see him having a big breakout year next season if he can stay healthy.

Leon Draisaitl

German Gretzky
Jun 26, 2014
Highly doubt he'll be available there. Think there's a good chance he goes in the 1st round.
I think he should go around there but most rankings/mocks have him late 2nd. ISS has him 49th, Button has him 43rd, eliteprospects has him 49th, Fisher has him 46th in rankings, 53rd in his mock, Dobber has him 58th. There's a couple wildcards (THN - 87th, McKeen's - 16th), but for the most part he's coming in the latter half of the second round.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I think he should go around there but most rankings/mocks have him late 2nd. ISS has him 49th, Button has him 43rd, eliteprospects has him 49th, Fisher has him 46th in rankings, 53rd in his mock, Dobber has him 58th. There's a couple wildcards (THN - 87th, McKeen's - 16th), but for the most part he's coming in the latter half of the second round.

I stopped following rankings/mocks like these a long time ago. It's very easy to write down a list of names and calling it a product.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
And the isles draft him 23rd. Woof. Sounds like a pretty bad pick. I am not enthused by his injury history...

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Elite skater with hands and high IQ. There was players available I liked better but that’s because I was more familiar with them. Let’s hope the Isles got this right and the kid can stay healthy

Cygnusx1018

Jul 17, 2017
Please someone tell me this was a good pick. I was really hyped for Tomasino Suzuki or Kaliyev and this pick really disappointed me

Reactions: PWJunior

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I'm honestly shocked by how bad the pre draft rankings of the Swedish players have been this year in general. On this player in particular. People seriously had him as a late 2nd rounder with Grewe and Höglander ahead. Not to mention the CSS (terrible per usual). Personally saw this coming miles away, Björnfot as well. Then you hear Button calling Holmström a pure goal scorer :huh:

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad