RW Oliver Wahlstrom - Boston College, NCAA (2018, 11th OA, NYI): Part II

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
good rebound to the year for the still 18 year old kid. Glad were not seeing you tube videos of every move he makes. Isles are no rush with him it looks like.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Odd that Wally played better in the AHL then he did in college hockey.

Not really. Some kids need to have a challenge in front of them. Frank Mahovlich was similarly viewed and he ended up with 500+ goals and was named to the 100 Greatest Players list . . . of course I'm not predicting that but some personalities just need to be nurtured instead of kicked in the a**.

Reactions: dood

TLP

Apr 9, 2018
Scored again

Can we put these bust rumours to bed? Seems pretty clear Wahlstrom was being underutilized on a poor BC team

DId you watch a game at BC?
They gave him every opportunity to succeed.
Every pp, even killed penalties, regular shift.
Looked disinterested, lazy and ineffective.
He was one of the big reasons for their below average season.
And while their regular season was a disappointment, they beat Providence out of conference playoffs, and beat the eventual national championship runner up (UMASS) with Cale Makar in the playoffs as well.
(3-0 I think the score was)
He may do well in the future but last season is on him.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
DId you watch a game at BC?
They gave him every opportunity to succeed.
Every pp, even killed penalties, regular shift.
Looked disinterested, lazy and ineffective.
He was one of the big reasons for their below average season.
And while their regular season was a disappointment, they beat Providence out of conference playoffs, and beat the eventual national championship runner up (UMASS) with Cale Makar in the playoffs as well.
(3-0 I think the score was)
He may do well in the future but last season is on him.
Wow your observations of BC are quite different than mine. He wasnt given much icetime imo, let alone every opportunity. And he didnt look lazy, the whole team just looked bad. Keep on pushing that anti-wahlstrom agenda bud

Last edited:

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Is he going back to Boston College next year?

Boldy-Newhook-Wahlstrom would make an insane line.

Morten

May 24, 2014
apparently he's in sweden this summer practising with the SHL champions, pretty interesting

Reactions: dood

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Oh look, another Ranger fan criticizing Wahlstrom. Certainly no agenda here, folks :sarcasm:

Weird that he put up better stats in the AHL, a mens league. It is almost like BC was a poor hockey team, or something.

He is a pure shooter and getting pro level passes will help him alot. I think he will score, but he will always need to have someone to find him and create some space. I think he will end up being a very good pick when it's all said and done.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
He is a pure shooter and getting pro level passes will help him alot. I think he will score, but he will always need to have someone to find him and create some space. I think he will end up being a very good pick when it's all said and done.

If he can be our James Neal I would be very very happy.

Reactions: WinterLion

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Is he going back to Boston College next year?

Boldy-Newhook-Wahlstrom would make an insane line.

I heard the NHL and NCAA were talking about making an exception for Wahlstrom to be allowed to go back. Wahlstrom likes to change his mind on where he's going to play. How do you not know this?

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Not a bad comparison. My biggest concern with Wally is the fire in the belly.

When Wahlstrom signed with the Islanders he spoke about how he was excited to focus on solely hockey.

For someone who’s been getting recruited since his early teens, I would think that he’s been in the mindset that hockey is going to be his career for a while now. I think being a professional and not having to worry about school or any additional commitments that come with being a student athlete in the NCAA could benefit his development.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I heard the NHL and NCAA were talking about making an exception for Wahlstrom to be allowed to go back. Wahlstrom likes to change his mind on where he's going to play. How do you not know this?

I don’t think he knew that he signed, otherwise he probably wouldn’t have asked. Clearly he’s not an Islanders fan so he probably doesn’t have the time or interest to know which on their prospects are signed or not.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)

Neither funny or witty and it makes you come across as a bag. Why not use your energy to let the poster know that Wahlstrom signed?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad