RW Oliver Wahlstrom - Boston College, NCAA (2018, 11th OA, NYI): Part II

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Probably a ton of lame takes in this thread. What a surprise. Mentioned in the Islanders board maybe 2 weeks ago, he looked really good and should not be playing 4th line minutes. He's a top 6 player. I can understand bringing him along slowly for a time but Trotz needs to make a decision in upgrading his position in next few weeks. Better than Eberle right now.
TBH I think he and Pageau are really clicking right now, idk if it is a good idea to break them up

Wally didn't register a point tonight but he had some good chances including a pretty spicy shot that hit the post like a howitzer

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
He's been amazing and seemingly improving every game. Definitely more well rounded than I originally believed him to be.
I think he really needed a coach like Trotz, and perhaps more importantly, needed to be willing to listen to a coach like Trotz. The kid is obviously very talented, and under Barry's wing I think he will do quite well. As for top six minutes, well, for now he is on the third, but his PP unit has essentially eclipsed Barzal's as the #1 PP unit, so I would say he is doing just fine ice time wise.

FractionTwo

Mar 3, 2021
I think he really needed a coach like Trotz, and perhaps more importantly, needed to be willing to listen to a coach like Trotz. The kid is obviously very talented, and under Barry's wing I think he will do quite well. As for top six minutes, well, for now he is on the third, but his PP unit has essentially eclipsed Barzal's as the #1 PP unit, so I would say he is doing just fine ice time wise.
It also help's seeing that he is asserting himself into the lineup, and growing alongside the roster also. To see this for the isles is a nice addition since kieffer looks lost, but this is welcome to the team. Now I hope its long term, and he stays as a permanent roster fixture for years to come

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
He's been amazing and seemingly improving every game. Definitely more well rounded than I originally believed him to be.
Don't be fooled. He will score and you will hate him the rest of the time. That is once he believes he belongs.

julkki

Oct 27, 2015
He’s just so relaxed.

Gotte love his laid back and chill attitude as a goal scorer. Of course one needs also the competitiveness. From other "prospects" I think Eeli Tolvanen has a same kind of attitude. Very good self esteem and knowledge of his own pros and cons.

Reactions: SI90

Barzilla

Sep 16, 2009
Dirty O
With his shot and increased minutes, I see no reason for him to not get 25+goals per year. He seems to get in the dirty areas also which I didn’t expect for a younger guy.

Reactions: FractionTwo

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
His shot is amazing obviously, but this kid works hard on the boards and has great positioning. Can't wait to see him a little stronger and leaner next season without some of this boy-fat still.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
His shot is amazing obviously, but this kid works hard on the boards and has great positioning. Can't wait to see him a little stronger and leaner next season without some of this boy-fat still.
He's gotta work on the lungs and legs. I don't think if given 17-20 minutes for the rest of the year he could handle it.

Reactions: mm11 and Riseonfire

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
He scores against the Flyers every game but these days that’s not saying much

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Another goal for Wally last night. Don’t think he will catch Kaprizov in points but you never know kid is hot.
I do believe he will lead the nhl in rookie goals though

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Good to see he's getting a good chance in the NHL now. looking real good too,
had 5th overall in my dynasty league and Whalstrom was my target. although someone traded for 4th overall and took him so left me with Brady Tkachuk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad