RW Oliver Wahlstrom - Boston College, NCAA (2018, 11th OA, NYI): Part II

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Last Wahlstrom thread was over 1,000 posts, so it has been closed.

Discussion of this prospect can continue here.

Please stay on topic as the previous thread was getting derailed with off-topic comments about other prospects.

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
So now we have an idea of how he looks before and after having ++ service. I don’t think his BC numbers tell you he’s a bum, but projecting off of his pre-Hughes stats is a better predictor.

To say he’s a bit of an overdraft isn’t beyond the pale.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
So now we have an idea of how he looks before and after having ++ service. I don’t think his BC numbers tell you he’s a bum, but projecting off of his pre-Hughes stats is a better predictor.

To say he’s a bit of an overdraft isn’t beyond the pale.

What gets lost in the shuffle is his linemates before Hughes came around were pretty poor by the (typical top line) USDP standards.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Wahlstrom had very strong numbers pre Hughes and then had unreal numbers playing with Hughes. He finished with more than a half the points of the previous year best USDP player (Norris).

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Likely doesn't want to be in school. I don't mean to start anything but weren't there reports of him not being too bright off the ice? Or is that something I made up?

Either way post secondary isn't for everyone. Some players just want to focus solely on hockey without the added stress of exams.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Likely doesn't want to be in school. I don't mean to start anything but weren't there reports of him not being too bright off the ice? Or is that something I made up?

Either way post secondary isn't for everyone. Some players just want to focus solely on hockey without the added stress of exams.

I don't think it's an intelligence issue, but a commitment issue. BC was his third college commitment after Maine and Harvard. He didn't have the grades to get into Harvard.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I don't think it's an intelligence issue, but a commitment issue. BC was his third college commitment after Maine and Harvard. He didn't have the grades to get into Harvard.
Oh that's what I was thinking of. He didn't have grades to get into Harvard. I knew there was something like that, but wasn't sure.

Jabs102501

May 16, 2018
So he's the Epitome of SOFT and likely a complete idiot.

Anyone else got any worthwhile contributions to add?
How is this soft? He probably doesn't like being at BC and surely isn't doing quite well there with only 2 points in 9 games. How is a player who doesn't seem to be developing well in a certain program, wanting a change in scenery, in hopes of utilizing and improving his talent soft?

Reactions: DominikBokkFan

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
If he were to leave to what ever program he decides on, just after he was benched by his coach against New Hampshire for a penalty.

The optics of that are the grass is greener on the other side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->