Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

tumblr_pkttb8LtbD1xkok61o1_250.gif

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
It wasnt ?

Pretty telling he decided to leave and is playing better in the American hockey league

Youngest player to score in Bridgeport Sound Tigers history! He’s still 18 playing in the American League.
Now I haven’t seen any of the games so I can’t comment on his overall play but he’s getting a lot of shots off and 3pts in 5 games isn’t too bad for an 18 year old in his first 5 pro games.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

TopC0rner

Feb 21, 2018
Youngest player to score in Bridgeport Sound Tigers history! He’s still 18 playing in the American League.
Now I haven’t seen any of the games so I can’t comment on his overall play but he’s getting a lot of shots off and 3pts in 5 games isn’t too bad for an 18 year old in his first 5 pro games.

Also has a fight! :)

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Scoring rate ain’t bad so far in Bridgeport, would love to hear what went wrong in Boston.

When he signed he mentioned that he was looking forward to focusing just on hockey. I’m not sure what kind of course load NCAA players have during their season, but it’s definitely possible that he struggled balancing the responsibilities of a being student athlete.

mphmiles

Jan 1, 2017
I think a couple things are at least worth noting with Wahlstrom

-As mentioned, he wasn't getting big minutes with BC, and his PP time was pretty sporadic throughout the year iirc. That might be an indicator that his overall game was struggling, but most of the hand wringing over his performance on here was related to his point production.

-He put a lot of shots on net and shot 6.6% on the year in 36 games. Anyone that's ever watched him will tell you that he's a way better shooter than that. It would be a lot more concerning to me if I were an Islanders fan if he shot a decent percentage, but was struggling to put up goals because he couldn't find shots.

-He was a very young 2018 draft pick. Still doesn't turn 19 for another 2 months.

If he struggles in the AHL next season, then I might start to hit the panic button.

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
“ -He was a very young 2018 draft pick. Still doesn't turn 19 for another 2 months. “

??

lol

at one point he will need to perform....

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
The NYI have Barzal, I would have to think Barzal = Hughes at least no, so we will just have to wait and see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad